Adding Insult to Disrespect - The Horns. Thanks SOO Much SOE...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NevilClavain, Dec 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Enxel

We are missing the "Dodge" Slot on infantry, 650 SC per jump style and we would be set .....
    • Up x 1
  2. hfbrooklyn

come on guys, how can you defend 6.50 for a horn? That's a meal right there. i don't know how some of you have the disposable cash to just buy anything that flashes across your eyes, but I have a life outside this game. i'll put some money down, I have in the past in other games, but there's not justification for what is not even a tangible (virtually tangible) horn , but simply a sound file.
    • Up x 1
  3. FatherJack

This forum went full ****** a long time ago but this thread is the special olympics X 1000.

If you dont like the price of the horn dont buy it. I wish there was something you could buy that would highlight poor people who have not put any money into the game. I would give them a toot on the horn before I ran them down with my bus.
    • Up x 3
  4. PapaMojo

You're making a false assumption which is that someone who has put no money into this game is poor. I've put no money into this game yet, but I put $100 a month ago into Firefall, also a F2P game (in beta).

SOE is providing a service. Right now they have priced that service as free. They do this so that paying customers (known as whales in the business) have content. If SOE wants to convert free players into paying players, they have to provide items of value.

But hey, glad to hear you're a whale. Toot toot to your spankin new horn!
    • Up x 1
  5. Mietz

There is only Gangam Style.
  6. Kroktar

Horn should be free....everyday people suicide on vehicles :(
  7. Goden

Was just at the automotive store the other day.

I can buy a real car horn for around the same price as one in PS2.
    • Up x 1
  8. Alexii

IMO the horn being 650 SC is questionable move. However i am fine with it. However it is insulting that IT DOES NOT WORK. Damn , i bought a horn and cant even equip it. How the hell can u release an unequipable item ? =) Ur QA team didnt bother ? =)
  9. JimRussle

Do that and attach it to your mic
    • Up x 3
  10. G1n

I actually remember buying a train horn for my old car some years back, epic trolling......
  11. Wariamu

Yeah seriously.. you have to BUY the horn? What the hell o_O I thought for sure it would be added by default .. I mean .. a horn. Come on!

Imagine buying a car and they tell you the horn is optional :p

I would pay 1 dollar for that. Maybe 2 if I'm in a good mood.

EDIT: By the way, regarding the "300 noobs will honk it at warpgate, it was an available function in PS1 and people were not spamming it at all.
    • Up x 2
  12. Warez

SOE has insulted our honor with this horn stunt.
    • Up x 1
  13. UberBonisseur

Actually that is not true.
    It cost little to nothing to add a virtual horn; and it probably won't cost them anything if people don't buy it. It's not like they made an investment or had a stock of physical, unsold goods. Even if only 5 customers bought it, they'd still make a benefit.
    The only rule that applies is crossing the threshold of "acceptable" price vs value; since it's the same price as a gun upgrade/sidegrade, guess what people will chose...

And since the business model is based on "Multicash" events and daily deals (by artificially inflating the prices), it won't happen. Unless people complain, of course.

I'll stick to the cash-grab theory.
    • Up x 2
  14. NoobAbuser

6.50 for a horn? I'm pretty liberal with my money (if I see something I like, I buy it!) however, I cannot justify 6.50 for a horn. I mean... come on lol.

And rumor has it, it doesn't even work? Talk about icing on the cake...
    • Up x 2
  15. Vladimer

By the same comparison, this game is F2P, so ... I should be able to go to a dealership, not pay a dime and drive out with a car. Sure I'll pay for a horn if that's the case.

Regarding the horn in PS1, that is true, you did not get that. At the same rate it was not F2P and had no where the griefing problem PS2 has.
  16. ADFXOzymandias

This one is a little more accurate.
    [IMG]
    • Up x 5
  17. Kroktar

they need to add a crappy horn for everyone :(
    • Up x 2
  18. Wariamu

My comparison was mostly to be funny and wasn't really to explain the price but that it's just funny they don't come with horns by default.

Fine with them if they want to sell it.. I don't care much.. But I find it hard to believe that a lot of persons are there are going to purchase it. It's not even cool or useful (at least not enough to bother spending 6$).
    • Up x 1
  19. Kralous

This thread ended up what it is because it is a reflection of the frustration the player base is feeling at the cash shop.

Alot of people probably had reservations about using it, alot of people probably already thought things were too expensive.

The horn tipped the scale and confirmed anyones doubts that the cash shop is a big ******* rip-off.
    • Up x 2
  20. Kralous

I imagine this price will have the opposite than desired effect. Only ******** who love trolling/TKing would justify this price, imagine flailing your $6.50 horn while running over every infantry in sight (how long till we see this daily?). Anyone who would actually use it responsibly would rather spend the SC on something useful.
    • Up x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.