Adding Insult to Disrespect - The Horns. Thanks SOO Much SOE...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NevilClavain, Dec 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Freyar

Horns may be bugged for now, but they know about it, so they'll get it working. As far as I can tell they're a separate slot, I thought it'd have been misc.
  2. Zsaryna A

I can think of a few games that don't have vehicle horns in them.
    World war two online didnt have horns for tanks
    (Come to think of it, I don't think modern tanks do have horns)
  3. Pr0ph3tx

The funny thing is I play infiltrator 95% of the time. When I'm driving a sunder or atv somewhere or anything I rely on utter stealth. Why the hell would I want a horn!? If I want someone to move out of the way I'll bloody tell them to. Happenned to me today actually

Me in a sunder stuck on a really narrow valley and a tank blocking the exit.

me: c'mmon man move your tank plz (I should've said it nicer)
    tank: dude I'm not in your way lol
    me unwedging the sunder sliding down the valley perfectly positioning it in front of his tank
    tank: lOOOOl
    me: hehe
    tank moves out of the way and I pass

I'm sure if I started honking uncontrollably the situation would've gone a LOT better right?
  4. ADFXOzymandias

I think most games offer horns or another alert device in their troop transports, not necessarily their tanks, since transports are the things you would actually want people to pile into. It's why they exist.
  5. FA18

Junkers JU-87 Stuka I believe.
  6. Pr0ph3tx

nobody is going to use this horn for any other reason than to piss people off. I can't think of 1 strategic reason anybody will use this for. And if you honk at someone, they will exit their vehicle and blow you up. I GUARANTEE you will see tk posts about this lol
  7. ADFXOzymandias

I wouldn't necessarily go to that extreme, especially since there should be a cooldown for it.
  8. psioniq

No, stoned (there is another "box" for you to put me in).

You do not need to read 14 pages to reply to the OP - but you DO need to read on, if you wish to comment on anything else but that. If you fail in doing so, your existence matters not to me.

Could have avoided this if only you had read a few pages on, where a suggestion about a cooldown for the horns surfaced - but I understand that may be too much to ask - showing a little interest in a topic and it's participants.

..I bet you're the kind of kid who needs the movie explained every 10 minutes because you can't keep up with the story (see, I can put people in boxes too).

Nothing more to add here really.. SOE, trim your pricing-model and free the horns!
  9. Pr0ph3tx

I'll tell you what. Let's make a bet. 2 weeks.

Loser has to buy the other a horn lol. I'm sure we can send eachother a gift card or something :p

If a person within 2 weeks reports in the forum that they honked at someone at the person got out and TKed them
  10. ADFXOzymandias

I accept your gentleman's wager!
    • Up x 1
  11. Korban

face-palmed! Whats next, police sirens?
    • Up x 1
  12. Goden

Sure!

$10 please.
  13. Pr0ph3tx

ok lol so December 26th is the deadline at midnight.
    • Up x 1
  14. Gobla

I'd say there should be basic horns for free, just a standard honk or something.

Then sell horns which play cool jingles or sound bites.

I know I'd pay for a horn that screamed out "LEEEEEEEEEEROY JEEEEEEEEEEEENKINS!". That'd be amazing to sound right before driving over an enemy line of infantry in my Flash before getting blown sky high.
    • Up x 1
  15. ADFXOzymandias

In b4 Planetside 2 does with horns what Team Fortress 2 did with hats.
  16. Pr0ph3tx

and after all this, I STILL didn't get my santa hat for the galaxy. for shame SOE
  17. Pr0ph3tx

God are you that guardian that did that dash move and jumped off a cliff screaming LEEROY JEENKINS in guild wars 2?
  18. Cyridius

I was saying this exact same thing to my squad over TS.
  19. Gunnisson

Looking forward to Hornside 2

not
  20. Pr0ph3tx

not to mention the amount of lag these horns will introduce. Sirens and horns ALWAYS introduce problems.

I know it sounds stupid but in ARMA 2 all the RPG devs always had problems adding those stupid wav files.

Now you're going to say yeah but that's a totally different engine.. Still. Someone honks a horn that has to be passed down to all the clients. -- But how's that different than a gunshot? -- I don't know it just is
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.