Refund everyone who bought an AA launcher

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by JonniTheJuicyJ, Dec 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zoridium JackL

i think you'll find you're wrong, if you read the EULA you'll probably find a paragraph about how all items in actuality belong to SOE and are subject to change, it doesn't matter whether or not the EULA is a legally binding document, by clicking agree you acknowledged it's existence and actively CHOSE whether or not to read it. if you attempt a lawsuit for a bait and switch (or any similar scam) you'll find them throw that in your face and laugh. if you did read it than you knew you were buying something that could change at any moment, if you didn't read it than it's not SOE's legal responsibility to refund you because you actively chose to stay uninformed even when they forced you to look at the information, either way your law suit falls down flat.

an example if you will, don't blindfold yourself, go into the supermarket to buy "groceries" throw a bunch of random **** you touch into a trolly and purchase them, then remove the blindfold and sue the supermarket for selling you exactly what you brought to the register, it wouldn't work and the end result is you with a trolly full of crap.
  2. Frigidus

I've gone from amusement to annoyance to confusion on this one. Do you guys seriously think that you can sue somebody because they nerfed an item? This sort of thing happens all of the time in all sorts of games. Even if you're arguing that they can't restructure a particular item that you bought with money, RIOT has in the past completely remade champions in League of Legends. That game is far and away more popular than this one, and I have never heard of them suffering lawsuits over the changes they made. I can only imagine that the people complaining about this just haven't played many video games, because otherwise I think you'd realize how utterly common situations like this are. Do you really think that you'd be breaking new legal ground on this?
  3. VoidMagic

4. Frigidus

I sure hope so.
  5. Salaman

https://support.leagueoflegends.com/entries/22026681-content-refund-faq

Maybe because they actually do give you the option to get a refund on your purchase in a 90 day period? (the time when most knee jerk balance changes get made after a newly released champ is out in the market)

Try using an example that actually supports your case next time.

Anyways, it doesn't matter what the 'intended' use of the item was to begin with. The functionality was what it was. That people used it for other purposes than originally 'intended' is called emergent gameplay (look it up nooblets) and adds more depth and facets of skill to a game.
    • Up x 1
  6. VoidMagic

*cough... it actually was intended to dumbfire also...

Bottom line... trolls, arguments, thread... irrelvant.

Bad Customer Service and Goods that are fundamentally changed without compensation in under two weeks after purchase = no more business from me. Sure I feel a little rugburn and a bit of collar heat. That's ok, glad I didn't spend more to find this out later and be REALLY upset.

Hope that the folks in the UK stick it to em! Hope the US gets a grip and starts actually giving a c@rp about it's citizens and not about the phat cat lobbiests.

Sad SOE didn't simply step in. Do the right thing, and let us go back to being happy customers... but... I guess we don't matter.

Hope you uninformed trolls get litterally ____ ____ the next time you go to buy something.
    • Up x 1
  7. Chriss

8. Frigidus

And yet there have been reworks done on champions well after they've come out. Tryndamere was out for months, maybe over a year before they switched him from having stacks to having a rage meter, and when that change was made everyone said that he had been made completely useless. That's a functionality change, and outside of the 90 days loophole there were no reimbursements. So yeah, argument still valid.

Edit: I don't think you know what the term "emergent gameplay" means, funny you told me to look it up though.
  9. siiix

EXACTLY i want a refund
    or
    i want the AA launcher to shoot with out lock
    or
    i want to be able to certify my AA launcher to shoot even if its not locked
    OR
    as compromise i take a 50% refund but keep it.. but i still wont be completely happy

SONY LEAVE THE AA ALONE... sure you can improve locking time and distance SLIGHTLY (but not even that is important, and pilots need a chance too), but don't mess around with functionality... that's NOT what i PAID FOR IN CASH
    • Up x 2
  10. Root

It still points out that, while people keep using LoL as an example of why it's ok for SOE to do whatever they want, Riot is being more reasonable with regard to buyer remorse. Though, granted, I'm not seeing anything that draws a distinction from a minor adjustment, and a mechanic change, so indeed outside of 90 days we're in the same boat.
  11. Lowerydro

SOOOOOO much misinformation here....

The G2A launcher was not a "wonder weapon" like people claim, it ALREADY HAD TRADEOFFS. Normal rocket launcher (default) damage is 1700, the AV ground launcher is 1500, and the AA launcher is 1275. It has a massive reduction in damage already. For that trade you get a slightly faster missile and the ability to lock air, which excluding flares nets you a hit about 50% of the time.

It isn't like it is a default launcher that gets free lockons, you trade away 425 damage per shot for the small chance to even hit air units (you can't realistically hit air any other way without a Max).

People made informed decisions to buy the gun with certs/SC. Stop making this about "suing Sony", only the trolls keep bringing that up. It is about proper customer service when you are selling items for real money in your game that worked a certain way through beta, through launch and through your own "test trial" people can use in the game.

Like I said before, it would take SOE all of 10 minutes to simply credit people 1000 certs and pull the certification for the launcher away from them, allowing them to buy it again if they choose to. Very simple for them, very simple for the customers. It should be the policy on all large-scale changes on their items in game.... it allows them to still fundamentally change things without people feeling ripped off.

IMO, if they don't refund the certs, I will not be spending another dime on the game whatsoever. The change to the new dumbfire "super" missile is far too convenient for them, pulling dumbfire from the existing launchers and just perfect timing for them a new paid launcher is put in at the same time that gives it back... if you pay.

If this was an accounting dept decision they need to take forum threads like this to them and let them know the amount of people they are pissing off. They may make some money but right now they need to build long-term customers, not make a few bucks on ripping people off.
    • Up x 1
  12. Tatlok

SOE may say so, but my credit card company says otherwise.
  13. Slyth

Ooh Ooh let me try...maybe just maybe the dumb fire option on an AA launcher was a *cough* SECONDARY *cough* function yet the advertised primary function of being an AA launcher was improved with the removal of the secondary in order to promote the greater idea of the game that *most* things bought are technically sidegrades.
  14. Timperium

Yea, time for me to retire from this thread. Unfortunately they've made it very clear that they will not be issuing refunds.

This saves me money in the long run I guess, like a lot of other people, I will not be spending any more money on SC in future.
  15. Chriss

You are really blowing this way out of proportion.
  16. Lowerydro

Actually almost all credit card companies, including Paypal if you have a premier/business account, offer you one or two automatic refunds for small transactions under $20. Just call them up, make the complaint and they will most likely say there is no need for a dispute, they will just refund you. They will then take it up with the company to get their money back.

SOE can, of course, restrict or cancel your account if they are docked from the CC company based on a specific transaction. However these are often simply done on the CC company's end and never gets back to the originating company.
  17. Imnuktam

Law suit is a bit over the top, and I think this is a pretty trivial thing to tie up a courts time.

That said it really leaves a bad taste in your customers mouths. The few I know that bought this (especially the people that bought it on multiple toons like me) will simply choose not to buy anything in the future knowing this may happen to that weapon as well.

I still dont even see why this change was deemed needed. How do you expect to sell those to people now? Less damage and you can only fire if it locks on? AND it only hits part of the time after locking because of broken flight paths? I would have passed while laughing if this weapon had been that way when I purchased mine.
  18. Jyve

It's a tricky thing for a F2P that makes it cash on items, to change those items and NOT get any backlash. EULA/UK consumer law, this isn't that tricky, 'vouchers/tokens/other currency' were purchased for buying items that were then changed. There's been people attempt to use this to work around the law who never got much traction, so that's not a defense. In this though, considering the small amounts of monies involved, small claims to get THAT money back, but then expect to have the account closed, which is all fair and legal (once any SC balances are refunded too of course).
    Needs to be a better way to implement changes.
  19. fish998

This is legally wrong, you cannot sign away your legal rights in the EU. EULAs are completely meaningless here.
    • Up x 1
  20. Lowerydro

Last night I was using the G2A launcher to shoot at a lib that kept passing over the Crown. At LEAST 50% of my locked shots would miss. One even got behind him, did its little lock shake, took off to hit him and flew right by him....

As I said elsewhere, this lock on requirement (regardless of refunds) already means FAR less HA's will be carrying G2A rockets. It is a straight up buff to air power in the game.

In regards to the refunds, people can be a smug about the EULA and SOE's property as they want, but the truth remains that a PAID dumbfire missile comes out the day they take away the dumbfire option on the current PAID launchers.

NO ONE should ever be spending any more money on this game. It would be the same if they were to go to all the S based guns and take away burst fire modes, then the same day put in alternates with the same stats that have burst fire that you can buy... all under the guise it is for "balance".

There are ways to run F2P models... greedy ways, generous ways, fair ways... then there is downright scumbag ways you can rip off your customer base by pulling bait and switch tactics.

1 choice by SOE to give people back their 1000 certs (again, does not need to be the SC, just give people certs) and pulling the launcher from them is the difference in running a fair F2P model vs running a bait and switch model designed to make a quick choice to cash out and run.
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.