Refund everyone who bought an AA launcher

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by JonniTheJuicyJ, Dec 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mechanought

JESUS H. ******* CHRIST!

The DEFINITION doesn't match the DESCRIPTION!

WHY THE **** DO YOU THINK THEY ARE FIXING THE DAMN WEAPON!
  2. BurialDay

They hit for less damage, not more. And when you're not firing at an aircraft, they don't track. That was the trade off - if you wanted to be able to shoot aircraft, you hit for a lot less vs. tanks.
  3. VoidMagic

I find it completely amazing that I remember half the people defending no refund and the current HA AA being OP as the same people swearing up and down on bibles the HA AA was worthless and had no effect on RocketPodders and the reduced damage on ground made it worthless anyway... while I was arguing how great it was...

do these folks just want the game to fail and SOE to no longer make any money?
  4. Telamon

NC
    Name: Hawk
    Fire Modes: Singleshot, lock on
    The advanced heat signature detection in Genudine dynamics' Hawk GD-68 allows it to lock on and destroy enemy aircraft with ease.

no where does it say it can only be used against air, just that it can be used against air with ease
  5. AnnPerkins

my kdr doubles when I use HA. I know it's because I am magically more skillful with this class I almost never play. I also end up having the only weapons that can affect vehicles to boot.
  6. Telamon

if its true for me it must be true for everyone
  7. TheGroggyOne

Their not fixing anything, they're removing dumbfire mode from AA and AV launchers.
  8. Mechanought

That's odd. I could have sworn that "Singleshot" means "To shoot one at a time". I don't know how that was interpreted as "Dumbfire". To me the description implies everything that I have been saying all along.

You have been interpreting it for your own ignorant gain, and you don't even know you've been doing it.
  9. James161324

This is the problem when you pay for stuff, a major change like this basically makes then useless, now you have to play switch every time a different thing comes.
  10. Telamon

probably because in the context of rocket launchers, single shot = dumbfire
    since it is the only firemode for the default launcher and all the infantry rocket launchers are only capable of firing one shot at a time
    • Up x 4
  11. Flarestar

No. Actually you've been saying that it's labeled specifically as an anti-air weapon. It's clearly not.

The word highlighted in red is relevant here. Allows. Not requires.

Although really, if you want to argue that the weapon should be changed to match its description, I'm totally fine with that. Note the part highlighted in green. The weapon does not, even with the changes being proposed by Higby, match that part of the description. If they want to increase the projectile speed, duration, and damage to make it do so I'll gladly give up dumb fire and call it a fair deal.

Really though, all of this comes back to the same thing.

The weapon had two firing modes in beta. The weapon had two firing modes at launch. The weapon specifically stated in its details that it had two firing modes. The weapon was put available for trial with two firing modes. There has been no post, indication, or hint from developers until now that it wasn't intended to have two firing modes. No one was complaining that it had two firing modes. It even had a damage reduction, specifically because it had two firing modes.

And it's being reduced to one firing mode.

You can argue until you're blue in the face that the weapon wasn't supposed to be able to be dumb-fired in a pinch, and you'll still be wrong. Up until Higby made that post, the weapon's dumb-fire capability was absolutely intended, and we made that purchase (whether SC or cert) as informed consumers, knowing that the weapon had two fire modes and that that was the correct functionality for the weapon. If they want to change that, that's fine, but compensation needs to be had, whether by refund of SC/cert, or by actually buffing the launcher to make it worth continuing to use.
    • Up x 5
  12. Mechanought

Flarestar, thank you for a thought out post with a proper argument.

Really, thank you. I needed that.

Truth be told we can argue both sides, and both be right. By my account the weapon has been malfunctioning since it's introduction and the developers have realized their mistake and implemented a fix. By your account, the developers intended the weapon to be what it is, and are changing it to be mean (don't argue on that, it's sarcasm).

The facts are so:
    1. The weapon is being changed
    2. There will not be any recompense
    3. You still have an Anti-Air Weapon
  13. GraphicJ

"Sounds great to me."
    - Pilot
  14. Primacy

What? In either case, if payments were made on a set of terms and the terms change but the payment didn't also change, there's room for a reasonable complaint and also opportunity for the seller to make some sort of accommodation to diffuse the complaint. Right now, we're in the reasonable complaint stage, but are grossly lacking is the seller accommodation to diffuse the complaint. Net result is a damaged buyer/seller relationship and that ultimately hurts the seller as the buyer has plenty of other options. I don't want that to happen.
  15. Mechanought

Three words:

Terms Of Service
  16. Flarestar

Two out of three are right anyway. The recompense part... forum posters comprise a fairly small portion of an MMO playerbase. There's going to be a lot of backlash from the population over this change. It's very possible that they'll do a cert or SC refund. It's fairly common in MMOs to allow a refund of investment (whether that's cash store points, skill points, talent points, etc.) when core functionality of an item is removed or base functionality is shifted to another purpose. And I genuinely hope they do - not because I care that much about the G2A/G2G launchers. Frankly I almost never play my heavy, I prefer the tactical options allowed by the other classes.

I hope they do it simply because this will set a very bad precedent with players, and SOE already has a fairly bad reputation with a lot of MMO players. They need to avoid making it worse.

For what it's worth (I know you were being sarcastic), I don't believe they're proposing the change to be mean. For that matter, I also don't believe they're proposing it because of an actual imbalance. I believe that it got thrown in there along with a few of the other changes being proposed that don't really make a lot of sense simply because it sounded good to someone at the time. That is, again, fairly common in the MMO industry.
  17. hostilechild

As long as i can still fire at an aircraft before complete lock on fine. I do not want to have to wait 5sec+ to lock on to an aircraft hovering at a door that i can easily dumbfire the G2A rocket at. So allow it to fire at partial lock then fine ;)
  18. Primacy

Agree completely. But, I have Two words for you:

Customer Loyalty.

Which words are worth more?
    • Up x 1
  19. VoidMagic

I guess were gonna find out huh? Im routing for SOE not shutting down it's own funding but hey...
    Im just a customer... or rather was a customer.

Now I will enjoy the game free, and **** till it's no more fun.. then Im off. /salute

kinda liberating not to care anymore... feels great!
    • Up x 1
  20. Lord Robert

Just got this response to my ticket. I asked really, really nicely too.

Unfortunately, we will not be able to reimburse the Station Cash associated with your purchased items. But please know that our Developers made these changes to improve the balance of the game. By balancing the game in this manner, the game play should become more pleasant, realistic, and competitive for all players. If you ever need assistance from us again, please do not hesitate to ask!

I don't see how they can expect me to make future purchases with this type of attitude to their customers.

I guess its up to our friends in the UK
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.