Refund everyone who bought an AA launcher

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by JonniTheJuicyJ, Dec 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheGroggyOne

That settles that, it was fun while it lasted.
  2. Mechanought

While I can't say that I have extensive MMO experience, I can say that I have pretty good experience with the F2P model. 9 times out of 10, the developer will simply ignore the forum backlash, and even go so far as to gag further material on the subject after they implement the change.

While, based on the forums, you might expect a large player backlash and a substantial drop in sales/ accounts; in reality the forums compose a very small and very vocal population. The average player won't care that much or might not even notice. Also the game is still young, so in a few weeks a majority of the players won't even know that the G2A ever had Dumbfire capabilities.

I have witnessed incredible forum backlash, with mass boycotts, online protests, the works. The developer pushed their changes anyway and guess what? Their revenue showed no marked drop.

I don't think SOE will compensate simply because they don't have to. They would be spending money to prevent a backlash that is never statistically shown (in any way that matters to corporations) to happen.

It sucks, but it is generally the nature of the beast.
  3. Inverness

EULA is irrelevant. You're capable of paying real money for weapons in this game which means the law trumps the EULA and you can get a refund since they're changing the product after you've bought it.
    • Up x 1
  4. warcraze

Removing dumbfire from current weapon right when they are releasing a new decimator. How convenient is this little change. They are doing this so we will spend MORE MONEY on the decimator now.

I promise you this, if they dont make this right. They wont get another penny from me.
    • Up x 1
  5. VoidMagic

In a lot of European countries... in the US... just don't waste anymore of your money.

/shakeshead
  6. Flarestar

I'm really just waiting to see what happens if the change actually goes live and the horde of hacked off players descends on their customer service team. Right now the change is only proposed, not implemented - any refund request is premature.
  7. VoidMagic

I guess on the bright side it's best we all see how they treat customers now... rather than later.

GG
  8. Inverness

You are entirely wrong. A lawsuit in the US would succeed, same as in Europe. They are literally changing the item so you're not getting what you paid for. If SOE is unwilling to refund then a lawsuit is needed.
    • Up x 1
  9. Lord Robert

This.

This tactic is an actual F2P business model I've seen in other games. I was hoping they wouldn't do it here. But it is obvious now.

Dammit I really wanted to love this game
  10. Deroth

I think every single aspect of this argument has been beaten to death already. Fact it, what they are doing has pissed off a large number of people who feel that their $10 product they've purchased now suddenly works entirely differently. What the old G2A launcher gave you was *flexibility*, it didn't excel at any particular role, surely not in it's intended role, and it's anti-vehicle damage was pretty sad, it's best role was in fact acting as a sniper rifle against infantry, and that is what MOST people bought it for I suspect.

Arguing whether the description was misleading or not is pointless -- people don't buy things based on descriptions. You look at what the product actually does for YOU and decide if you want it or not.

To answer your question though, the line is right here -- can you still use the item that you've bought for the same purpose as before? So changing the bolt action sniper rifle to act as a CQC carbine would NOT be a balance tweak, for instance, and ironically this example is not that far off from the G2A launcher change.
    • Up x 1
  11. Deroth

That IS I suppose the bright side .. It's really surprising they don't realize that people don't like being treated like this and it's bad for THEIR business. I think I will live without the $65 I've spent on this game so far having assumed it was to be a good investment into having fun in this game.
    • Up x 1
  12. ZackSide

If this turns into D3 where they nerf attack speed and waste the money I spend on Items I'm quitting...
  13. ZackSide

I don't think he realistically expects a refund - but more making a statement that this game will fail for the same reason D3 did if they continue to do this...

People spend real money on items

SoE changes those items to be useless after the fact....

People quit....it's a deadly and dangerous formula that MUST be treated with care and precaution - sometimes exceptions should be made to keep the audience happy. But they are at perfect liberty to fly their own course in this regard and reap the rewards...or consequences.
    • Up x 1
  14. Inverness

They are certainly not. Let's stop passing around the idea that what they're doing is even legal. It isn't.

If you paid for weapons with cert points only, then you could make that argument. But that isn't the case, you can pay with real money which opens up a whole new can of worms for SOE.

Paying a product, and then having the producer change that product into something other than what you paid for is illegal.

Right now we have the option to either be doormats against their poor policy and just accept it, make some noise in one form or another to bring this to the attention of everyone and perhaps give them bad PR at the same time so they are convinced to change it on their own, or go straight to court and force them to refund.

I'm not ready to go so far now, but it will become much more tempting if this becomes a trend, and I don't intend to let them ruin this game with their poor policy. I've been waiting far too long for this.
    • Up x 2
  15. mareign

Wow they nerfed it into the ground and wont refund anyone? That's kinda bs. At the very least they could've just made it dumbfire like the stock rocket launcher but deal less damage. Now it's trash.
  16. Flarestar

Just stop, please.

What they're doing isn't illegal. A court case would MAYBE hold up if you were directly purchasing the item. But you're not. It's the same reason that your case would get shot down if they did a permanent station cash price reduction on an item you purchased for full SC price and you tried to sue them for the difference. Your monetary transaction isn't for the item - it's for the Station Cash. And they are, unfortunately, entirely within their rights to change the items. If you don't believe me on this, call up a lawyer buddy and ask. If he's even vaguely reputable he'll tell you outright that you would have no chance at all of winning.

Whether it's ethical to do so in this particular fashion is another matter entirely.
  17. Imnuktam

I have to agree even though I am usually not on the refund side of the arguement. This completely changes the way the weapon works and just as the op said, I dont see myself using it nor do I even see it as an upgrade over the default weapons. I bought G2A with 2 of my three guys but realised how useless it is for anything but scaring planes off so didnt waste the cash on my vs. What is the point? It is only good for air and OHK soldiers which I dont really like but it gets more kills off them than it does off planes! It only has 5 shots and I usually need ammo before killing a single thing. I would rather just jump in my esf like EVERYONE else does because its the only real threat to air like soe intended :confused: .

In my esf I will kill 2-3 other aircraft with a2a missles (which ALWAYS land as opposed to G2A which almost NEVER land) and a little nosegun splashed in.
    • Up x 3
  18. VoidMagic

As a pilot myself I agree about just hoping in my esf when I want REAL A2A but... the G2A were a constant source of fun and quite a few kills both armor and air wise and in groups they helped you secure ground from air... If the issue was people firing rockets at infantry... I'd hate it, but, I'd rather they nerf it against infantry then. I liked the flexibility, bought the flexibility... and what really gets me angry...

I CONVINCED MY FRIENDS TO SPEND THIER $$$ ON THE FLEXIBILITY...

none of us will purchase more.... some of my buddies will flat out leave the game...

a few are pissed at me... like I had anyidea that SOE would pull this.

all over a COMPLETELY unecessary nerf, that no one, not one customer... ever imagined
    or cared about...
    • Up x 2
  19. DonnyD.

Welcome to open beta. The sad truth is just that, this is an open beta disguised as a launch because the dev team ran out of money. To be fair they have done a he'll of a job getting to where they are. The problem for the players that can't read between the lines, you are one of them apparently, don't be offended it is not bad, is they think this is a finished game when it is not. Any purchase you make, be it for cash or certs, is subject to change at the whim of SOE.

Personally I think the changes are good.
  20. saltin

I agree i paid full price for this weapon and they gonna change the weapon drastically to the point that it isn't the same weapon at all.

This is bait and switch.
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.