Quick Note on Optimization

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by codeForge, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Rosh

Hi again.
    I'm back to see how optimalization is going but still i can't see the differance and i can't play. I mean i can but i have no fun with play on 15-20 FPS
    I try every solution with instal physiX, park cores or change everything at low with lowerest resotution i can.
    I have same FPS effect at high graphic quality or low and resolution do not change nothing too.So game works same at high or low
  2. Hashlak

The recent patch has thrown PS2's performance back by a month lol.

Should work better when they fix it
  3. iller

WHAT recent patch?? I didn't notice a large enough one yet to qualify as "taking a new download"....

TYVM for the update
  4. blujay42

Please tell me you're not going to give me an excuse to waste $400 on moving to i5 2500K for my old 775 box. The E6850 deserves a few more years of love!
  5. Xavstar

I have had my quad core i5 750 for nearly three years. I have built my own PC's for 17 years and never have I had a CPU for so long. It was amazing that I could OC it from 2.6ghz up to 4.2ghz. I guess the latest i5's are about 10% faster per mhz. I think upgrading to a new i5 CPU now will last for some years.

I don't like the current range of AMD CPU's. But this is forum flamebait. Read the CPU reviews on good websites like Tweaktown.com, Tomshardware.com etc, to decide for yourself.
  6. Callum

Well

Core i7 3930k
    Asus Rampage IV Formula
    16Gb DDR3 2400Mhz
    ATi 6990

Windows 8 Pro 64bit

And this game runs like a ......... well **** with this system, compared to my MSI gaming laptop which is a Core i7 3630QM with a GTX680 and 16Gb DDR3 1600Mhz which runs it alot better than my desktop

I am not pleased.

I've had FPS drops on my desktop all the way down to about 10fps with this machine, terrible optimazations you have done so far for Planetside......
  7. col1kill

OMFG on jager server on amerish and we are lucky to get 10FPS atm. for god sake please release a bandaid optimization
    non moving object thru cpu moveing thru gpu. this will atlease make it playable till you fix it.
  8. Noa12390

to put this as Bluntly as i can your game Needs some major work i should be playing at least medium setting no problem but as is your game has more bugs then 5 Really badly infested motels have roaches bed bugs and fleas combined
  9. jordo2k1

servers down again today to add "market place items" obvious thats were sony's efforts are being used ffs. getting pathetic now fix the game before you add **** that we can buy. money money money!
  10. Seeings

One thing I think everyone needs to know is that if you have any HUD programs (like Steam, Raptr or Xfire to name a few) then turn off the HUD display for them, infact don't use steam at all for this game.

In all my games I played, I all of a sudden got low FPS and I didn't understand why, but after turning off Raptr's and Xfire's HUDs my FPS skyrocketed and I could increase my graphic settings alot
  11. husse

will be great to hear some admins here about news on optimization :)
  12. jordo2k1

there too busy making items for the market place mate dont expect anything soon :p
  13. Sovereign533

hehe, well about that tech test. i have a very old Core 2 Due cpu in my pc. and it was a horror trying to go airborne in the beta. sometimes turning around to fast made my pc melt.
    but now i run stable with 25 fps and with a big firefight going on i only dip to 16. and compared to 5 fps i used to have at the warpgate this is a massive improvement.
    keep up the great work!
  14. MrBaracu

I know you need the money to keep up the great work but what about to fix the game first so many more people wanna buy more things because the game is good? The most people say "i have bad FPS" and they leave the game because they have no fun playing planetside 2 and you be so senseless and edit the marketplace with new items.

I love the game but i have BAD FPS like many other players so fix it first please.
  15. k3lt

It reminds me the Firefall situation, those devs took similiar way.
    People are waiting for EU servers for about a year since beta started, and obviously they had to put the cash shop first and basically every single patch new stuff for the cash shop and the EU server was just ignored.
    Guess what, now the game is half empty and people just lost interest in the game.

Also just look at the forums it's swarmed with "FPS Isssues", "Bad CPU performance" etc, and now take a look on the SOE Post Tracker, basically 0 answers to those issues.
    And yes i know about the smedley twitter which said a huge optimizations are on the way, but i heard that before too and it changed barely anything/nothing or made it even worse. (they could say "It's Beta, optimizations are on the way have patience" but now IT'S NOT BETA ANYMORE and should be no such excuses.

SOE wake up before it's too late.
    • Up x 1
  16. Wobberjockey

i'd gladly re-download all of PS2 if i could get anything approaching the solid 60 fps i had in beta.
    • Up x 1
  17. FightingFirst

They have already made numerous posts about how optimisation etc isnt where they want it and they are continuing to work on it. God this forum has descended into Battlelog 2.0 with a load of console kiddies whining 24/7. I will repeat incase you missed it "THEY ARE WORKING ON OPTIMISATION" it is not something you can just pull out a hat. Furthermore, the people who are doing the optimising will not be the same people that design the new stuff.
    People really need to get a grip and be patient.
    FF
  18. Inu

Bad enough this time of year, it's unlikely they'll get as much help from the companies they're trying to work with. However, the poor utilization of AMD processors is uncalled for.

Have to keep in mind they aren't the only game company trying to work with Video Card companies and CPU companies.
  19. Jimster480

20. helloworldy

I would do that every week if necessary.