Smedley responds to Rocketpod nerf tweet.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Disrespecting, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Hibbe

We would not HAVE TO if developers did what they did 8 years ago,THEY COMPLETED THE GAMES before they release them.
  2. TeknoBug

They're buffing flak? NICE
  3. Hexcaliber

Are you really so stupid to believe that changes are based solely on the voice of a few ppl on the internet? Pull your head out of your ***; did it never occur to you that the people complaining might just be right, meanwhile the developers, who have access to reams of data come to the same conclusion and decide they must make changes.

This is a game, where ppl come for entertainment, the aim is to remove build dominance so player ability can shine through. Balance must be sought, this is not rl; 1 person in build A should never be able to dominate 10 ppl not using it through use of the build alone.

Sorry it takes away your big stick, but everyone who plays this game, regardless of their preferred play style, inf, tank, air, deserves a fair and balanced crack at the whip.
  4. Jourmand1r

I'm going to assume there will be AV rifles for infiltrator.
  5. Zaik

whatsherface tweeted about empire specific rocket launchers earlier this week. I would assume that is, or is part of, the big reveal.
  6. Turel2

From Twitter:

John Smedley@j_smedley
    New weapons coming Thursday. Next week awesome new anti vehicle ( including anti air you rocket pod haters) weapon
  7. Phoebus

Rocketspamming is way overpowered.
    No amount of AA buff is going to change that.
    What AA buffs will do is shut down any air activity while AA is around, except maybe rocketspamming.
    Rocketspammers can spam for 1-3 seconds then afterburn away, making them far less affected by AA that any other air play.
  8. yama

What is this fabled weapon you speak of good sir?
    I remember there being a very bad Walker AA cannon back in beta.. but the evil SOErcerers cursed it on release.. making it fire even slower then before..

I have never seen one of these again..
  9. Jourmand1r

People who don't fly have a very inaccurate idea of how using rocket pods actually works.

The people posting the videos on youtube are apparently skilled pilots, because I'm a pretty good pilot and most of the time before I can start farming anything a Scythe shows up and gibs me with A2A missiles.
  10. DeathFaith

At the price they sell weapons for i doubt they will have the guts to nerf ...
  11. ak47

So your saying it was intentional to come out with a OP weapon? As i can see myself agreeing with that as its the fastest way to make money as it proved to be. The problem comes about when really they should rescale the OP weapon but instead they will release a new weapon skin with op stats to compensate thus causing people to spend money again, at which point the rocket pod ****** who have defended there Rockets with such vigour will now be wearing the shoes of those that put up with the OP Rocket pods. To this i wonder if you will now complain and whine, even though in reality you have not been nerfed.
  12. Molecular

Are rocketpods REALLY that good? I kind of don't want more anti-air, we already have plenty of viable AA. If your enemies have air superiority, you need infantry to focus on anti-air, either through MAX or anti-air guns. This gives the team with air superiority a clear advantage, since taking down air without having any air-coverage is difficult, as it should be.

If infantry anti-air is too powerful, then air superiority is no longer an advantage, and the game is sufficiently dumbed down. The same goes for tanks and other vehicles. When I roll a squad I usually make sure to have a couple of light assault troopers check roofs/corners for heavies to cover my tanks, while the tanks clean up other tanks/the rest of the infantry. It's about tactical gameplay. I don't mind giving better anti-vehicle option, but if they do it should NOT be given to infantry. If they do then it's just another step towards: "hurr durr infantry can kill anything, vehicles are useless".
  13. Kubor

I'm reserving judgement on this until I see what it is.

If it's something that finally provides tangible individual reward to the user, then people will buy use it. It should make SOE a nice lot of money.

If it's just another individualy weak item that requires several people working together to kill a powerful solo vehicle, then we'll be no further forward in this argument. A few people will be mugged into getting it and then come here to complain when they're still having to share exp and kills.

Personally I cannot wait until kills are not the most important thing in this game. Although I have a feeling that such a time will never come in the lifespan of this game.
    • Up x 1
  14. MistaN

No, I'm saying that they are trying to avoid that....
    Rocketpods might be adjusted a bit but it wont be by much.
  15. ak47

Obviosly not that good a pilot;) , I do fly now and then when im not grunting it and i have a very good and acurate idea of how using rocket pods works and the ease to which it can be with some practice as you would expect.
  16. ak47

But they obviously are not trying to avoid it, as to the end of beta after the so called RP nerf that tbh no one believe truely happend as much as they said they did, rocket pods were still OP and the dev were told.Alas they still released with rocket pods as OP as they were on beta.... not much attempt to avoid this by SOE was there?
  17. Fox234

This thread is full of so much fail its silly. Everyone in here knew more AV stuff was coming. PS2 is in active development, its going to happen. There will also eventually be more stuff for vehicles and more rifles and pistols. Did you really think SOE would just keep making rifles and never add another AV option again? Pretty sure next week will probably be empire specific AV weapons.
    • Up x 2
  18. Whiteagle

Here, have a comic:
    [IMG]
    His name is S-BFR...

...AND HE DOESN'T LIKE YOU!
    • Up x 1
  19. voigt

I would love to have a faster dumb-fire rocket with high damage, I would rather use a weapon that takes some skill to aim than more lock-yawn options.
  20. voigt

Increase the damage of Rocket Pods but cut the number down to like 4 per clip, less spam more aim! Make the explosion radius smaller more like the armor-piercing cannon on the MBTs, this would keep their anti-tank purpose while making them less useful for blowing up infantry.