M7 Mini-Chaingun

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Xaragoth, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Corsix

It only has about a 100ms faster kill time, which is more than lost from the spin up, infact some guns can kill you before your gun shoots a bullet. The engineers turret is way more powerful and accurate, its an insult to the weapon. You're trading 100ms TTK for less utility, 1/10th and accuracy, and the spin up duration.
  2. Antivide

It's like 10 CARVs stuck together. Considering HA weapons are meant to be king at close quarters, it's fine. Last thing it needs is a buff, we already have enough Rambos in Bio-Labs for this thing to get a blanket buff.
  3. Corsix

Carve, and all other default LMG's, have a 440ms TTK i think, while the chain gun has 330'sh, but only at EXTREMELY close range, and ignoring the spin up part. I switch between the two, and i often ask myself while using the Carv "Woulld i of done better if i was using my chaingun?" Rarely. While using the chaingun though it happens all the damn time "Would i of done better with the Carv?" Well if they were 20 feet away then yes, always yes. Or any other number of situations its inferior in
  4. Draegnar

I think the issue here is the CARV, not the minigun. The base for TR is just too ripped i really wouldn't bother certing another LMG its like a magic wand of death dealing.
  5. Sobieski14

The "AS16 Nighthawk" shotgun is 10 times better.

-------

Personally trying out the mini-gun, I really don't see an advantage at all.
    * The overall design is made for CQC, but shotguns perform much better.

Your not going to pin down any squad more than 50+ meters, they can easily pick you off.
    * While you spray and pray.

It does not have an advantage in close quarter combat nor in long range combat, thus making this weapon useless.
  6. vilehydra

you can't really buff the MCG without bringing the other heavy weapons into line first.
  7. Dervishkid

If it was to get a buff lowering the spin up time a bit would be the best.
  8. Terrorantula

9. Corsix

I think the name is deceptive, it shouldnt be called a 'gun', its really more of a melee weapon. Its basically like a 2h sword when you consider a 2h sword is also 'ranged' in that you can throw it, to about the same effect i might add. Throwing greatsword with a laser sight, make it happen Sony.
  10. Valeriu

oh my, really?

Sorry, did I miss the sarcasm, its hard to tell if you actually serious?

This thing is stupidly powerful. Massive ammo, fast firing death dealing monster that it is. Its like a lawnmower through enemy infrantry at close ranges. Spin up time is negligable, just prime it by clicking fire to keep it spinning.

Ok, its accuracy at range is awful, but thats not what its for, its for close in fighting, like in Biodomes, or tech plants.

Compare it to jackhammer....lol uselsess, or lasher...almost useless unnless you enjoy killing yourself or your teammates wiht splash dmg.
  11. Eric Smith

Spin-up and trigger should be two separate controls. Let it spin-up when you shoulder fire the thing, so when you pull the trigger the gun fires a lot faster if it's pre-spun, and making burst fire at least slightly useful with the thing.
  12. Sobieski14

Again your still better off with s shotgun.
    * AS16 Nighthawk
  13. Corsix

It has the same ammo as the CARV unless you cert it, but good luck spending 200 bullets effectively and surviving, never seems to happen. Its damage at point blank minus the spin up is still a negligible 100ms TTK faster, a 1/10th of a second. I'd rather lose the 1/10th of a second TTK in exchange for 30x the lethal range.
  14. Dervishkid

thats a good ideal
  15. Zaik

Higby has been saying since before the heavy weapons were even released he thought the spin up was too long on the MCG.

No idea, they hit the Jackhammer's damage pretty hard as well. If I had to guess they want them to all be bad until they're all fixed, but it's just a guess.
  16. Corsix

I've completely gone back to my CARV, its basically 10% less lethal and 1000% less situational, anyone i mow down with the chaingun would of been killed by a CARV just as well to me.
  17. Eric Smith

This. I bought the MCG right after launch with SC based on using it in Beta and was severely disappointed with it's performance due to the RoF nerf. I could deal with that except between the RoF nerf and the spin up time it's basically a worse choice than the Carv or the TMG-50 (the later of which I got with my Alpha Squad, and use almost exclusively now). Honestly if they either brought the RoF back to where it was or made it so that shouldering the gun would spin it up (allowing faster fire times or burst fire, at the expense of movement) it would be a good gun. As it stands now it's just not quite good enough.
  18. Accuser

Indeed.
    Enemy gets the drop on me, CARV is better.
    Range >10m, CARV is better. Range <10m, shotgun is better.
    Somehow I'm behind a dozen enemies that don't see me, well then maybe MCG is better.
    The spinup time makes it unworkable for short range, the spread makes it unworkable for long range. It's not terrible in the middle, but it's not the best at anything.
  19. omegaflarex

I can't read your post because of your signature, it's hurting my EYES! MAN, turn it off!
  20. Xaragoth

Upgraded my Nighthawk with slugs and ext. mag based on some people's suggestions. Man, this is good.

Also, the Battle-Rifle is the best for Mid-Long Distance. It's like a Sniper Rifle >.>