PlanetSide 2 has stopped working crashes every 10-20 minutes

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Zergling, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Milennos

@Veratu, I really hope that you will fix this problem. I am not buying nothing without this fix will be repair. Most of my freeze come from the ram issue on 32 bits OS.
  2. Col. Stryke

3. Zeekez

this just started for me in the past 2 days. I have w7 64 bit so its not a RAM issue
  4. TDXUK

Just to verify, i used to get the "Planetside 2 has stopped working" error every 10-40mins and i had tried all of the tweaks\guides, here and elsewhere. It also appeared whenever i exited the game,
    I have since re-installed 64 bit and the error has gone, it no longer crashes and is playable for hours(well miller server permitting).
    The error when exiting is still there however.
  5. firenight5

Yeah I just tried to play again today and crashed in 20 minutes, relogged and crashed within 5 minutes.
  6. Zeekez

What did you reinstall? Windows 64 bit?
  7. Scellor

I'm starting to get pissed off about this.

I have a windows 7 64-bit desktop with an amd sapphire 6670 1 GB DDR5.
    This is not a memory issue - I have 6 installed GB of RAM.
    I've installed the game with steam, and every single time I want to start it, the launcher loads fine.
    When I click play, the planetside 2 logo will pop up, and planetside2.exe has stopped working... will pop up after a few seconds.
    I have tried every single possible fix - I've disabled my firewall, ensured with my security system that the program will be allowed,
    and yet it persists.
    It would be fantastic if someone could get a goddamn fix for the win7 users.
  8. MrUnhappy

Dumping possible solution for some people:

To fix this, Open CMD prompt with administrator and type in without the parenthesis "bcdedit /set increaseuserva 4000"

I've got 8GB's but set it to 3000 on Vista 32 bit.

Used to Crash every 5-15 mins, Yesterday (after trying this) played for 2 1/2 hours without crashing.
    Kudos goes to Meta Haze.
  9. TokyoShoe

Unfortunately this solution isn't working for quite a long list of people.
  10. zonmaniac

I'm running a real screamer. 16gb ram, 2 nvidia 570's on intel 3.2. Same prob very frustrating. Game doe's not allow you to run gpu in graphic settings. this could be the prob.
  11. zonmaniac

I'm also running win 7 64 bit.
  12. zonmaniac

Is anyone able to check the gpu box in settings?
  13. Belish

Your help is greatly appreciated. I was constantly crashing every 3-5 minutes, and since I took your advice today I have not crashed once. So thank you! I wish I could give you a badge for awesomeness. :D
  14. Tolderius

It didn't work for me at first, but I turned everything to low and did Ctrl+Alt+Dlt, right clicked on Planetside2.exe, set Priority to High. I can even fly now! Sometimes I still crash on respawn, but hey, what can we do. Other than that, hours of play. Don't set it to RealTime, it gets weird.
  15. Naladini

I used two of the tweaks in this thread (firewall settings and bcdedit ...) Its not perfect, but I'm getting a solid 10-15 minutes of gameplay before crashing. Definitely an improvement.
  16. Arantyr

I read its happening with most WIN 7 32 users. SO i guess the solution is wait for patch.
  17. have2laugh

last nights patch broke it again for me, back to 3 - 5 minute crashes :mad:
  18. DigitalKiller

I've been pretty vocal in these threads about the crashing issue but i tried something yesterday and it really worked for me, here is the link to the threat. Hope it works for all of you guys as well.

http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/...-2-exe-has-stopped-working.52462/#post-656761

Do what Clusterbomb says and you should be fine. Played for 3 hours straight with no crash right after doing that fix, then for 5 hours last night without a crash. I actually had to look around for a minute or two to find the Logout button because I had never had to log out of the game before lmao.
  19. TDXUK

Yes i re-installed to Windows 7 ultimate 64bit, i had Windows 7 ultimate 32bit previously. Should have mentiioned that.
    Also i proberly should have put my specs down:
    AMD Bulldozer 8120 @3.1Mhz stock speeds
    8.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 666MHz
    1023MB GeForce GTX 560 Ti (ASUStek Computer Inc)
    56GB OCZ-AGIL SATA Disk Device (SSD)
    298GB Seagate SATA Disk Device (SATA)
    Realtek High Definition Audio

And still no problems since re-install. Have been playing solidly for hours now.
  20. Naladini

That's my eventual aim as well, just need to wait for MS to ship me the install DVD for Windows 8 so I can retry in 64bit mode.