State of the Game 11/23/2012 - 8:30pm PST

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Smed, Nov 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sifer2

Yeah considering how much weaker the boost is than the one's in the store having it consume your only booster slot for 6 months hurts you more than it helps you. Really hope instead of giving us back our lost booster item they just make the bonus passive.
  2. Inverness

Also a Connery player here. Major warping all over the place last night. Fortunately I only died once as a result of it.
  3. NeuroticNemesis

It's unfortunate that such a promising game suffers from uncommonly high system requirements, almost unique even. I have a 2.4 ghz processor which is just above the minimum, and the game is unplayable. My graphic card is par with recommended specs and better still, but is not supported. Now I realize that some people who are well off, or aren't footing the bill themselves can afford $2,500.00 rigs or better, but the common man likely can not. At this time, and with the game in it's current state, it is no where near as rewarding and fulfilling as Planetside even before Aftershock. I disagree with the free to play but pay to win identity the franchise has taken on and personally I think it's wonky and weird, and I have lost a bit of respect for it as a whole. All that negativity aside, I would still rather pay $15.00 a month to play this game then to pay for superficial content little by little. Optimization and accessibility to a larger demographic of gamers should be priority #1. There is no point in dancing around the truth, it's the most evident short-coming this game suffers from. It's known immediately upon entering the game. I lament saying these things about this game because I have looked forward to it before it was ever created, and I enjoyed the original for many, MANY years. It simply has to be said.
  4. doorap

Also add nerfing absurdly OP Vanu to the list.
  5. TheBeardedNess

I second that. No sooner had I left the spawn than a lone Vanu solider looked at me, and promptly killed me within the same instant.

I've had to stop playing as of recent. I can only fight Vanu in vehicles (Of which, are completely out-classed by the Vanu and NC) or by sniping (Which is useless until I grind to 100 cert to buy a rifle instead of the cork I seem to be shooting out of a wooden gun.)

I'm hoping I'll be heard here; but I'm not holding my breath.
  6. otrees

Getting stuck on 0 in queue at login still. Not fixed.
  7. idkmanwhat

8. Dankshasta

Smedley's the best, thanks for post!
  9. Ragmon

Thank you guys your the fixes and update, keep up the great work.
  10. Drahzar

"We have capacity standing by. A LOT of capacity" , tweeted by John Smedly , Nov. 16th

errrrrrrrr
    • Up x 1
  11. newlynx

Thanks for the info and keep up the good work....
  12. KoSGunny

This game is absolutely amazing: And so from myself, and most likely the majority of it's players; Errors are forgivable and understandable.

All we want to know is that something is being done, problems are being researched, etc. As long as it's not ignored, I at least, give a major commendation to the development and support of such an amazing game.
    • Up x 1
  13. SuicidoCheez

Guess what, Woodman is broken again! Please fix it, I'd like to play on my certified Vanu profile again.
  14. strateUPjanky

i dont see how that is possible -_-
  15. strateUPjanky

its /re or at least thats what i use and it works everytime
  16. Gary

Still nothing on server lag. How they plan to deal with it or whats causing it. Leaving us in the dark is the worst decision.
  17. steve-o88

Smedley don't ruin this game like you did to galaxies.....
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.