Unplayable lag. Yes LAG, internet lag, server lag. Latency.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Baleur, Nov 21, 2012.

1. xkSAntiSx

Minsk-Belarus-Miller-SOE account - ADSL 10 megabite lags as **** and completly unplayble
  2. Zulpitcher

Spain - Miller - SOE account, we really need a solution soon.
  3. Intrinsic

Miller = beyond horrible from the UK, and my mate who is from Sweden. Totally unplayable.
  4. Shazic

5. Echor

Uk Miller Soe account, again unplayable but we did have a few in squad that weren't experiencing the lag, some form UK, some from outside UK,
  6. Vortigon

Logged off Miller because it's unplayable again - I have NEVER seen this much warping and latency during the entire alpha/beta testing phase.

I can log in and play perfectly on USA East server - but log-in to Miller and its an omni-shambles!!!

Why is no-one at SOE fixing this issue???

I don't care what your QA testers tell you - the server is not working correctly for a large amount of players!

Miller server - UK player - SOE account
  7. Intrinsic

Woodman is smooth as silk, it just sucks as i was about to move to Miller as i know a few people there :/
  8. Nilocy

I'm from the UK on fiber optic, still getting lag on Miller. It was alright last night, say 21:00 GMT+0, but now its awful
  9. Naceo

Seen this kinda thing before in other mmos. More often than not the problem is neither the client or server but the actual route the packets take from your computer to the server. Some poor router on the line close to the server isn't that good on handing the large load causing it to drop packets, creating the massive warping.

This isn't going to be quick easy to fix. Finding the problem across hundreds of miles line is a task and a half. Fixing the issue will probably lie to the ISP in charge of maintaining the overburdened equipment. Not a lot SOE can do in this case.
  10. Deci

Guessing its still bad on Miller. Im amazed players are still online though. But its even ridicoulus that I viewing the forum for the server-status before trying the actual game. I wanna play on miller, becouse I have my stations-cash over there! Otherwise I would have warped over to a US-server.
    • Up x 1
  11. irewolf

But you could contact someone with in SOE and let them know that prosieben is rubbing SOEs name in the dirt. Let them know that they are NOT fulfilling thier contract and that they are NOT providing server hosting. That state of the servers at the moment is beyond unplayable. They are in breach of contract and making SOE look like fools!

Surely you can at least pass this along to someone who could complain to prosieben and better still you guys should be seriously considering canceling the contract with them!?
  12. Intrinsic

This would be about right, they can run a simple traceroute which would show each hop along the journey and how it is coping. You could have like 20 hops(routers basically) and if any one of them is failing it will be enough to replicate this sort of behaviour.
  13. ERICH

The hell SOE? This bin going on for too long now. Care to comment what the **** is going on?
  14. irewolf

WRONG! This is ONLY happening on the servers hosted by prosieben. This is prosiebens fault because they have an awful track record. Considering how awful they are Im almost certain the problem is that they tried to skimp on cost and used servers that are not up to the task.

I presume I paid my money to SOE and if this is resolved soon I will be looking for a refund on the money I have paid, as I have NOT been provided with the ability to use what I paid for!
  15. TermiGR

16. Ashur

Today it was even worse, I joined the server without any queue attached, then I joined Esamir which is always the least populated. The first thing I saw? A column of magriders going through the air, yes, a squadron of magriders just floating above the warp gate.

Didn't get better from then, it is literally a 10 second delay at times, I counted the time it took for me to get out of my lightning, 10, whole, seconds.

You people really need to fix this or find some other company competent enough to do so, I've had more fun on the first day of beta where I had 1 fps than yesterday/today, it's that bad.
  17. Mazza101

UK - Miller.
    Fibre Optic connection. The server lag is terrible, I will try on a different world now.
  18. Intrinsic

Are not all EU servers hosted by prosieben? as Woodman is all fine and dandy.
  19. neonmiracle

how do I check my latency in game?
  20. DrStrangeLug

SOE account, miller server. Fine last night at 20:00 to 21:00, total crap 13:10-13:25 (uk) today, althought admittedly that was in one hell of an infantry battle.

Will see how it looks tonight, might jump to a US east coast server to see if theres any difference.

I remember a similar issue with Werner in PS1. The whole server threatened a mass character creation on a US on one faction as a protest before we got any action.
    • Up x 2