SC unlocks not account-based?!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by disky00, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Tribu

OR anyother batlearena type of thing realy. Here the arena just is a slightly larger not much tho.
  2. Binkus

indeed, on another note been testing MWO since day one shame they havnt expanded the content they could have done some epic story game play
  3. Binkus

agree with you here, after a brief spat with their accounts and billings section over an overcharge of 700 sc and their refusal to refund it as a goodwill gesture, after buying membership and being with them on their records for over 6 years 14 different games, i think the time has come for me to part company with them, imaginary 700 game cash or customer, apparently i am worth less than 700 sc ho hum.

you are right they are the kiss of death for games heavy handed and the customer is never right
    • Up x 1
  4. Jonny

Wow. This is a total joke. I bought alpha squad but I'm not spending any money or station cash on anything until they make these purchases account wide. Not letting people know this too? Ahrghh
  5. Scorponok

then your going to be waiting a LONG time ^^ since its not going to be. its already been stated give it a rest.
  6. Codek

Not until Smedley at least gives out a more reasoned out response than a simple "No.".
  7. Eastwood

Has there been a developer response to this issue yet? If not it'd be fantastic to get one. Thanks.
  8. Red-XIII

I assumed it was rather obvious after considering all the arguments in this thread, but lets write it out.

1. SOE wants server balance. As in more or less equal amounts of players on each side of each server.

2. The only thing which can keep that balance is a tie between the server, the side, and the player.

3. The way they are tied currently is the character based unlock system. Moving to a different server or switching a side means you have to start over, it's a big discouragement.

The above is what influences the purchase system, being able to use your purchases on any server you desire lowers that bind. The system is meant to hold you in place by the power of unmovable luggage. It may not be apparent to you, but paying customers aren't the only ones who get that luggage. To a purchaser that unlock is worth money, to a grinder it's worth a hell of a lot of time. Neither is meant to be easily transferable, for the sake of having a stable server population distribution. You aren't meant to easily switch sides on one server, and that means that your character has to be bound to a side on that server. If you could easily move that luggage to a different server they'd have to bind you to the same side there as well. Which in turn brings up questions on how to allow you to play different factions, preserve the server balance, and let you somehow switch the side on only one server without making that option easily accessible. It's an old and time proven system, and it's not likely to change. At best you'll see paid transfer service some time later.

Best thing to do in such a situation - put away your purse and wait until you are comfortable with your server and side. That, or risk losing your rashly made investments.
    • Up x 1
  9. Blagg3r

There is no excuse for items not to be account bound imo.

We are not told this on purchase and like most people say what happens if you need to move server or delete your character ? why am i paying for alpha...membership and then more cash to buy things that i find are now locked to a single character ? It feels like sony are just ripping me off..

I find this unacceptable i want to support this game so much but i will now be cancelling my membership and will not be putting any more of my cash into this unless they change it.. :(
    • Up x 1
  10. Crator

11. Warruz

This needs to be changed asap. This extremely discourages players to purchase items especially if your not set on your final server or wish to move. It needs to be accountwide for that empire if the item purchased can be purchased through cash (it doesnt have to be but if it can it needs to be account wide).
    • Up x 1
  12. Deadeye[3.1]

I agree with items bought should be account bound.

Its fairly simple.
    All items bought with Real Life money, should ALWAYS be accessible for the player on his/her ACCOUNT.
    However, items gained through events on 1 specific character, should ofcourse only be accesseible for that 1 character.

I know you want money SOE.... But do you have to lower yourself to EA standards to gain them?
    • Up x 2
  13. myrmexaw

This can all be fixed by simply making it possible to play with your character on ANY server.... when they asked us to reserve our name i tough it was exactly for that ... why else would i reserve my name and then attempt to join another server only to be met with a "there is already a character with this name" window ( obviously because my name is already used on my account).
    • Up x 3
  14. RobotNinja

Like...don't count on it. Why would need to change servers anyway? Connery. Best server is best.
  15. Athanasius

I'd just like to state that I definitely won't be spending any real money on the game until all such unlocks are account-wide (faction-wide, i.e. on any server for that faction, would also be acceptable as a compromise).

I wonder what real research, if any, SOE has to back up its current stance that, presumably, they stand to make more money from a few people just being resigned to how things currently work and buying 'lots' versus many more spending (a reduced amount each, in the long term, of) money if all unlocks were account-wide.
    • Up x 1
  16. Blizzzz

just do it the GW2 style you can transfer you character on any server but you'll have to wait for 7 days until you can do so again so you wont be able to jump around as you want... and same with Empire stuff ( in GW2 your Race.. you don't get to choose another by going on a different server :) ) if you want your char to be on another server because your server is a mess atm (like Miller is for me now) then do so you will just have to keep him as he is now bound to 1 Empire (increase the delay of 7 days to 1 Month and see if someone will do the server jumping) no big deal at all. If you want to play another Empire then do so but by switching the empire to get new experience you will have to do it from 0 not getting anything at all from the stuff you spend your time/money on your main Char.....
    • Up x 2
  17. ChaosEngine

I can only agree that our characters should be able to move from one server to another, that would solve many problems (including insane queues to enter your server...)
  18. Athanasius

They'd need to get rid of the "only one faction per server per account" restriction to make such moves work if you already had a toon of another faction on the target server.

I'm really not sure why they put that restriction in, given it's so easy (and free) to make an additional account if needs be, AND the current character-bound nature of unlocks.
  19. Smokewood

If you could just jump from server to server, like you are suggesting, how would we maintain server population balance?
  20. Rahabib

Yea. Server transfers would fix it. One free and then $5 each additional, or you have to wait 7 days.