Power Knife Nerf - Ok then Bye for good

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Atrus2g, Mar 30, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lolitsjack

Was going to make a new thread put saw this one.

I would like to voice my opinion that I am very dissatisfied and upset with this change. I took a 2 year break or so and I am coming back to this game. Low and behold MY FAVORITE THING to do in this game gets nerfed 1 week before I start playing again.
    March 30, 2022 Update (The Arsenal Update) "dampen the effectiveness of specific setups, and give players more time to react"
    I saw some others say in this thread that a lot of other things can one shot you, and yes, this knife used to be able to.
    While I understand that patch notes, I argue that these specific setups, the ones I was using (Stalker cloak infiltrator), have WAY MORE disadvantages.

This setup included:
    No primary weapon
    No effect killing range, sidearm or melee only.
    Less health being infiltrator
    Anyone with a flashlight instantly killed you if they were more than 4m away as you have a knife out
    Low mobility

I would argue that this specific setup was even harder than normal gameplay, and you are nerfing something that was already difficult to do.

For the other side of the argument of being killed by an inf is embarrassing get a flashlight noob. It is a game mechanic specificly made to stop cloakers.

If this was such an issue (which wasn't up until now), many other nerfs could of been made. Like reducing the fire rate (swing rate?), making the glowing noise louder when the knife is activated, adding a special effect that makes your cloak weaker or something. But removing the 1 shot kill of it? Completely ruined this weapon and play style.
    • Up x 2
  2. Exileant

;) Yes, only in "The Amazing World of Demigan" is logic deemed insanity. :p Hahahahahaha! You have a ton of issues, sadly, dying to the one person who wrecks you constantly with a weapon only newbies die to is but one. I can count on one hand the amount of times I have died to a heavy knife on one hand because cloaks make noise and the easiest way to make sure they do not stab you is to take off running. If they are not in range, they will never be in range, unless you stop. 9 times out of 10 you will run by enough people that they cannot resist and go after them, at which point I turn around and lay them out.

:DSo exactly, without the cloak allowing one to get close to even have a shot at this, it is a fools attempt when shotguns exist. The purpose of war is not to ice skate up hill it is to kill your opponent.

If you can run around with a knife and not use a cloak, good for you, however I highly doubt that you are anywhere near that skilled. Truly skilled people do not whine about something being too powerful. They could care less about whether or not something is a one hit kill because they will be the first one to get that kill. :D But oh noooooooooooo, Light Sabers and Chainsaws should only scratch someone if they hit the body even from behind. Spines are made of reinforced Damascus forged steel, not bone! That is unfaaaair. Pathetic. It was a pebbles underside play style much like A.N.T. Driving when it came to rarity. Only 2 or 3 people out of 100 could do it with any kind of consistency because like Ssymm Said: --It was VERY hard to do. Thousands tried and failed, which is why most deaths are caused by guns.

;) Also "Sniping" quote to attempt to duck being called out on your nonsense has not worked yet, but you still do it. Is that not the Neo-Gen. definition of insanity? And you call ME insane. Hahaha!
    • Up x 1
  3. Somentine

https://ps2.fisu.pw/player/?name=lolitsjack&show=weapons

This you?
  4. lolitsjack

5. Sumowning

6. Sumowning

You're still talking? Nobody is insulting you, I merely putting down observations at best. Yet when I point out your contradictions you seem to get agitated or mad, ignore any evidence, and straight up ignore reality.

The reason as to why I am implying that, is that because you are actively just screaming at things without any merit to your opinions. Your entire stance of "We should nerf things because it makes me feel bad" Rather than actually looking at changes objectively is the reason as to why you're firmly within that category. You don't add anything to the conversation, your points are moot, except to just annoy people.

You call me a troll, yet you're here making vague attempts at communication at failing at it. And the moment I am done, and call you out on your trolling or straight up lack of communicative skills, you get agitated.

Your baseless accusations, trolling behaviour and general toxicity isn't welcome here.
    • Up x 1
  7. Somentine

That you can't correlate its relevance is neither me trolling nor my failing; use your brain and figure it out. I'll even give you a hint: look at your weapons and time per class.
  8. Somentine

Your favorite play style with 215 kills?
  9. Sumowning

It's literally what someone from my outfit said as well, if you're getting without 'breath' distance of an enemy and they stab you with a chainsaw or laser sword. You should die. Simple as. The whole "You have to get headshots, to OHK" Makes no sense, but then again, he seems to ignore the reality of the game as a whole to favor his "Powerknifes/cloakers hurt my feelings and I can't be bothered to counter them" shtick.

I wish more people would understand that concept, I've been trying to tell people like him that the whole time. If you get stabbed, don't blame the knife, don't blame the cloaker. Respawn and be better.

If your issues are with Stalker Cloaking specifically, than take that to a different post? This post in general is about the Powerknifes, not whatever hate-***** you have for stalker cloaking. If you are so adept at killing people with a knife, then you should know it's entire washlist of issues, and instead of crying about "Omg, OHK knifes OP. Glad it got nerfed because they made me upset" You'd realize that there's a whole bunch of counters in this game you can use to kill cloakers and Power-knife users in general.

You claim to understand how they operate, yet your comments do not reflect that.

I wouldn't say Infils are the weakest class in the game, we have arguably the weakest class-specific implants and to be fair, it's mainly the implants that seem to be a big point of contention as well when it comes to balance in this game. Such as the implants for a HA almost completely negating the negatives of the ability, and providing too much survivability and all-round use.

The balance in general felt a lot better before implants were a thing, I like the customization options that implants give but they feel a make/break sometimes in current META loadouts.

HOWEVER, you are not wrong. The constant whining (from people like him) is exactly what is causing the nerfs. It's again that toxic mindset people have of Infils/Powerknifers. They feel outplayed and humiliated, instead of dying to random gunshots or otherwise, they feel personally targeted, and feel like "How can I let a dude with a knife get in my backline.. " so instead of self-improvement, they choose the route of being toxic, just look at the yell chat in general as evidence of that. "Infils are c*****r, yada yada, nerf, remove from game" etc

The drop is there only advantage, if they can get it off. Big surprise, you can learn how improve and get better. Like by learning and using the counters available in the game. You should give that a try.

Again, relevancy? Troll.
    • Up x 1
  10. Somentine

That you can't correlate its relevance is neither me trolling nor my failing; use your brain and figure it out. I'll even give you a hint: look at your weapons and time per class.
  11. Sumowning

Your weak-willed attempt at trolling is beneath me, I have no interest in entertaining your non-contributing factor to this discussion. You linking Fisu look-ups doesn't really hold any argument, especially considering the whole point of the debate is that people who actually use the Powerknife, know what they're talking about.

Not to mention the mountain of evidence provided of other players, even those who don't use the playstyle find this particular nerf odd and simply uncalled for when there's a plethora of actual pressing issues players have been rightfully complaining about.

To quote just one of said sources who firmly classifies as HA main with LMGs;

May I suggest you actually use your brain and read the post/comments/evidence, before jumping into a discussion or have you been conveniently ignoring this?

Feel free to try again when you have informed yourself, be better.
  12. Somentine

No, that isn't the whole point of the debate; the point of the debate is to argue over whether powerknives deserved the nerf or not. Your experience with them is noted, just as it's also noted how much you play and rely on Infil as well. Trash players are still mediocre af with broken weapons, classes, and vehicles. Taking the experiences from these trash players as some truth or evidence is asinine, at best. Look at all the supporters of the OHK knives in this thread alone; everyone one of you are mediocre with even the OP mechanics. The second you all use a weapon that doesn't come attached to an invisible class, you fail, which is incredibly ironic considering your hate boner for Heavies and how every 'average LMG is 3kd ez'. Jesus, even with shotguns you can't break even.

Step outside of your own ego for two seconds and realize how moronic you sound; you talk so much **** for being absolute trash.

There is no evidence, at all. There is the opinions of bads, more specifically Infil bads, crying about losing a broken toy. The nerf was absolutely justified in it's current iteration. If they had of removed the knives from Infils, then they could have looked at minor nerfs or even just tweaks.

First of all, and I can't even believe I have to say this, that quote isn't from this thread you moron. I can't read the 'post/comments/evidence' of other threads that aren't in this thread.

Second, I don't care what some random trash player who mains heavy thinks. Maybe list their actual name and experience/stats, and then we can talk.

Third, and once again, your opinions aren't 'evidence'. All it is 'evidence' of is that you're bad, and that's backed up by facts.
    • Up x 1
  13. Sumowning

"No, that isn't the whole point of the debate; the point of the debate is to argue over whether powerknives deserved the nerf or not." Good job, I am proud of you.

I like how you say "Rely on Infil" like it isn't just any other class in this game.
    "Trash players" Ah yes, there's the toxicity.

You honestly think you're better than anyone? Let me guess, you're the type of player who try to validate themself by crying in a corner at the end of the night, giving yourself a pat on the back with some copium in the form of IvI stats or some other copium-based metric that makes you feel better at the game than you actually are.

You consider OHK an OP mechanic? Every other FPS out there, has some form of OHK, be it a shot in the head, be it a shotgun at close range, a tank shell exploding your body, artillery turning you into red mist, aircraft dunking rockets onto your head, or in this case a literal chainsaw to the chest, which btw is very common to have a knife OHK someone.

Why you may ask? Because you let someone get close enough to you to smell what you had for dinner, that's why. Accept your death and be better.

People such as yourself is the exact toxic/salty mindset I described, but then again. You knew that, it's the reason why you're so upset and overall trolling and not really contributing to anything useful in the discussion. You hide your fragile, insecure, toxic mindset by thinking you're better than anyone else, you feel like you're too good to be one-shot, but you're not.

I have nothing against Heavy Mains in particular, it's just a matter of fact that Heavies with their instant 450 Shield. Have an overall edge vs other infantry in 1-to-1 combat. That's just simple math. The infiltrator being an exception, as they rely on getting the drop on them with their pants down. This angers them, it's nothing 'OP' or broken or whatever excuse you can make up.

The reason I mentioned the average 3KD of a Heavy main, or IvI or some other metric people like to use to blow smoke up their own ***, is because whilst people consider 2-3 KD on the low end of the spectrum. How can a Heavy Main, with 40k kills on the carver, with 1.4 KD with using this playstyle be considered 'OP' yet the 3 KD Heavy mains using LMGs are not?

"There is the opinions of bads, more specifically Infil bads" That sounds just too cringeworthy to even properly address.
    The only thing so far, that actually made sense and wasn't some kind of cringeworthy "I am better, I am the alpha male" type of ****. Was when you mentioned: "Knifes should OHK from the back and in the head"

Kind of ironic you'd say something like "Step outside of your own ego for two seconds and realize how moronic you sound; you talk so much **** for being absolute trash" when you're full of ego. Get real.

First of all, the quote was from a thread that Demigan was active in who I was talking to most of time. Not only that, it was meant as an example to serve so to compare a Heavy main vs a Heavy main. One who uses a Powerknife, others LMG. Point is, both think it's ridiculous. Which in itself is a standalone argument.

Secondly, there's plenty of evidence to shift through in this thread even without that thread as most of it is compiled here in one way or the other.

Third, I am not going to spoonfeed every potato such as yourself who comes around frothing at the mouth spewing nonsense where to inform themselves or how to understand/play the game, I am not your babysitter.

And last, why would anyone care what a random 'trash player' such as yourself has to say about it? You don't have anything to back up what you say, if you say anything useful at all. You just link player's Fisu stats and that somehow constitutes to them being bad because you have an inferiority complex. Your 'facts' are a joke and thus so are you.

This game is combined arms and revolves around team play, and having fun. Whilst I have a glass of whiskey, laugh and have fun screwing around in Squad-based gameplay. You're the type to froth at the mouth at the first death to a cloaker, get over yourself, get better at understanding what game you're playing, or go play something else, toxic people like you won't be missed.

In short; Educate yourself, use some logic, be productive instead of being a toxic little troll. Get over yourself, you're not 'better' than anyone here.
    • Up x 1
  14. Somentine

Look at all this whinging because you got called out for being a scrub, arguing over scrub mechanics and mindsets, trying to validate your beliefs with pure bs.

No. I consider OHK weapons on classes that can go invisible, stay invisible, and kill you before rendering on your screen due to network and clientside broken.

The rest of this, much like the majority of your posts, is drivel.

'Wahhhhh, the bad man on the internet called me out for only being able to play a broken class, while I'm crying about 1hk knives getting a deserved nerf and spouting utter bs. waaaaaaaaaaahh, toxic gamer!111!!1 must be some basement dwelling incel neckbeard who cries himself to sleep if he doesn't get 4 kpm, 6kd, 3000 ivi each session!!!!!!!!!' - u, snorting the finest copium u can get ur hands on

And yet, you can look up the stats and see that Infil performs better at all percentiles, with KPM edging out for heavies in Q2/3 but KDR significantly higher for Infils.

Once again, ignorant mentality of bad players on display. You know what else is math? Ping, delay, TTK, and even clientside calculations.

First of all, knives work different to other weapons because they are always considered equipped. So, unless this dude has basically no time with any other weapon in the game, then that isn't their actual stats. Reverse of that, weapons also tend to be inflated. Switching to medkit, pistol, knife, or tool will not count the death as a death for the LMG, nor track it's time while not held.

Second, the OHK knives have issues, but the main problem is that they were given to Infils. On other classes, they aren't as problematic because you can actually see and react to most. Really good LAs, especially ambushers + impulse/under barrel impulse, were more problematic for the same reason that they are problematic with shotguns (removes the negatives of extreme CQC + clientside means they are shooting you in the air on your screen).

Third, 2 KD is far above the average. 3KD is pushing top 10% of players, if not higher.

Speaking facts isn't ego. You conveniently left out the rest of the statement, but don't worry, I got it for you:

Which was in response to:

Now that is some ego, and you can see the textbook deflection.

1. I'm not Demigan.
    2. See above about heavy.
    3. I don't know these 'M' or 'S' players.
    4. Bads aren't only limited to the Infil class.

No, there is not any 'evidence'. There is only the opinions of disgruntled players.

An apt description of yourself, it's like we're coming full circle.

They aren't 'my facts'. They are simply facts. They are your stats. They are a factual representation of your time playing this game. They don't tell everything, but in this case they tell more than enough, especially when coupled with your posts.

You know what the difference is? I know I'm not trash AND I can back it up. If you feel you can, please, try me.

That's like ten scrub mentalities put together. Ignoring all the rhapsodizing, I think you've missed one eency weency, tiny, little detail; your toy is nerfed and you are crying, not me.

I am, though? And there are people who are way better than me, to. The difference is that I can accept it; case in point with NWA removal. I liked NWA and the TTK, others didn't. I could accept their reasoning for the change and could see why some of their reasons were valid, even if I still preferred NWA and still want it back. Stop living in some echo chamber, safe space bubble, and get over -yourself-.
  15. Demigan

TROOOOLLLL.
  16. Clone117

Forget powerknives id rather rail against p2w av knives. That stuff is cancer make a cert costing version and give it to everyone.
  17. Exileant

o_O All of it was too much. As I said, I think in 4 years I have died to an energy knife 2ice that I remember. It is not used nearly enough to justify a nerf. WIth the nerfs of A.N.T. cloak, Proximity Mines and what they are doing to upgrades in general, it feels like a game for children. I have actually started looking for another high output multiplayer with vehicle cloaking and island wide freedom to truly invest in. For now though I am still running people over and not using knife because, ya-know.... :D Shotgun? Neither nerf stops skill it simply removed the diversity from the game.

:( I played Battlefield the other day, and it is official, it is better than this to me now.
  18. Exileant

:D This is funny. You cry about being insulted, going as far as reporting people for it, even though you are the one who started tossing insults. You respond with a 1 word insult and yet you are still here. I mean when you look in the mirror, do you see yourself or the word "Hypocrite" staring back at you?

;) This is why I went after you Mith. You willfully ignore what you want to.
    • Up x 1
  19. Sumowning

Oh nooooooooes, I care so much.. Please no, random failure on the internet, don't call me a scrub. You'll hurt my feelings and I'll be forced to whine on the forums till you get nerfed.

What you.. 'consider' is irrelevant. As you can kill them before they even turn visible, but this is the same concept that Demigan fails to understand. Whilst at the same time Clientside/network affects knifes even more than it does guns, but you conveniently ignore that, don't ya?

I know you can't understand the rest, that is fine. I'm glad you're able to acknowledge your limited understanding of a basic concept. This is the first step towards improving yourself!

"broken class" Sure thing buddy, you keep believing that. Keep frothing at the mouth when you get killed by an Infil, keep calm and respawn. Did I hurt your feelings? Or did you get stabbed again? Keep huffing that copium buddy!

Or you can keep up this verbal diarrhea, that you call arguments. Or both, I care very little.

Hey, I know you have a very limited attention span. But focus. We are talking about Power Knife stats. Comparing the same class with different playstyles. And it's ironic you'd mention the latter, since that's exactly the problems Powerknifers already have but tenfold.

Even if that'd be the case, the man has other weapons where he has more KDR with. Meaning the weapons are artificially boosting his KDR. As I said his average KDR is 1.4. With knifes specifically it's 1.2 KDR. It doesn't take much brain power to grasp that he's gaining more from the weapons he isn't using, in terms of kills vs deaths.

Meaning his actual KDR with knifes is likely to be lower.

"Switching to medkit, pistol, knife, or tool will not count the death as a death for the LMG, nor track it's time while not held."
    So you're saying that Fisu's metrics are unreliable, yet you use it as a measure to gauge people's skill? Sounds like a solid plan.. /s

More incoherent rambling from you.
    "Speaking facts isn't ego" also you: "No, there is not any 'evidence'. There is only the opinions of disgruntled players."

You really like contradicting yourself don't you?

Also
    1. No sh**, it's almost like I said that. And why I quoted it as a standalone argument. Read.
    2. You yourself are amongst the bads, then why try and act like you're good? And your uneducated opinion is the only one that counts.

Literally just pulled a "NO U" card. That's some highschool level comeback there. Again, I'm not your babysitter.

You yourself just proven to everyone that Fisu stats are not reliable by any means, yet you claim them as fact.

Bahahahaha, what a sad and pitiful thing to say.. Sure.. You're not trash at all, buddy. /s "If you're not trash, show me your Fisu scrub!" I'm just kidding, nobody cares. No really, nobody cares about whatever copium metric you use to make yourself feel better. This isn't a CoD Lobby.

People who know their actual skill, don't need unreliable sad metric like IvI or some other copium based metric to boost their own ego. Sounds like you're trying to convince yourself more than anybody else. Please stop projecting this fragile inferiority complex of yourself, it's really embarrassing, cringeworthy, sad and downright pitiful at this point. I feel sorry for you, in fact;

Listen, I apologize if the 'baddies' hurt you in-game but we can't nerf things based on you getting your feelings hurt, that's a matter of fact. Now feel free to see yourself out of the conversation, you've shown your true toxic colors and you need some time out to mature and reflect, be better lad.
  20. Sumowning

A very educated, and well put together response!

Anyway, back to the topic at hand.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.