[Suggestion] Faction Exclusive Attachments

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Nintyuk, Feb 15, 2014.

1. PYROxSYCO

Maybe 3, has more recoil or horizontal recoil or even decreased hip aim.
  2. Clipped!

Aye, NC needs something for it's shotguns to differentiate them from other factions shotguns, as as it is our signature infantry weapon. Barrel mods, high velocity slugs, and magnetic dart ammunition, for both non-max and max shotguns.

TR's guns could certainly use something to reduce maximum spread as they already have very high hipfire starting spread. Only 2 guns of theirs currently have a set spread, the Mini-Chaingun, and the Vulcan. Perhaps barrel heatsinks? Reducing minimum and maximum spread by a moderate amount for a small fire rate penalty. Would probably stack with laser sights.

As for VS, having no damage falloff in exchange for a small damage penalty and dissipating at bullets max range could be useful. If it's on a barrel I'd call it a plasma condenser as it helps prevent energy dissipation, which is what makes RL "energy" weapons completely useless except at short range, say for mining or cutting.
  3. Nintyuk

I'm glad others also think my concept of faction specific attachments is a good one.
    The thing about attachments means you can come up with a new concept and apply it to existing weapon's and even make NS weapons suddenly have faction flavor.