[Suggestion] Faction Exclusive Attachments

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Nintyuk, Feb 15, 2014.

1. Nintyuk

I've Previously Come up with NC Specific ammo Types fitting to the NC theme but now I have come up with Weapon attachments fitting for all factions.

Here we go:
    NC:
    High Velocity Slugs/Ultra Velocity Ammo
    High Velocity Slugs Would be a Upgrade to Regular Slugs with Much greater range and Velocity, And Ultra Velocity Ammo Would Be a Up-Grade For High Velocity Ammo. They both come with the increased down-side of a increased re-chamber Time/Slowed Firerate. Basically these ammo Types are actually Regular Slugs/HVA but the Weapons Magnetic Propulsion systems are over charged resulting in a greater velocity but a longer charge between shots. Includes MAX.

High Explosive Buck
    Available For ALL NC Shotguns Including The Jackhammer, MAX, Canister and The Flash Shotguns. It adds a High Explosive affect Similar to Explosive Bolts to the shotgun pellets, The down-side is that you only get half the pellets for per shot. The Damage is roughly the same (maybe slightly less) but you gain increased Damage To MAX'es, light Armour(ESF, Harassers & Flash) and a small amount of Heavy Armour Damage.

TR:
    Over Extended Mags
    Available For All SMG's select carbines AR's and LMG's. These almost Ludicrously sized Magazines Have Double the Capacity of regular Extended Mags which they are a Upgrade for. The down-side is that due to their unwieldy size and increased weight weapon Equip Times of weapons with this attachment will be noticeably Increased.

Horizontal Compensator
    Identical To the Regular Compensator except Instead of Vertical Recoil It is Stabilizes Horizontal Recoil Instead. Does not Stack With Forward Grip.

MCG Belt Feed System
    The Belt Feed System Would Be a Upgrade for extended Mags on the MCG, It allows the MCG too pull directly from the Reserve Ammo Pool Instead of having too reload. The Downside on top of an Increased Equip and Unequip time is that you will be delayed from firing until the MCG has reached close to top Speed.
    Also available as a Expensive Upgrade to the Ammo Canister's on the TR MAX.

VS:
    Ionized Laser Sight
    Available too all VS(Not NS) weapons that have Access to Advanced Laser Sight as well as select weapons that only get regular Laser Sight. The Ionized Laser Sight would function Identically to the Default Laser-sight Except it's unique Cyan Light also Ionizes the path of travel for the Plasma Bullets allowing them to encounter less Air Resistance, This Means the Maximum damage range is increased. This does Not Stack with HVA All though HVA will still Increase Velocity.

Volatile Plasma
    Available for all weapons that have Soft Point Ammunition plus VS MAX Weapons. Volitile Plasma Makes the Maximum damage go all the way out to the Minimum Damage Point, The Downside is that after that point the Plasma Destabilizes and dissipates. This Means that your Mininmum Damage Range becomes the Maximum range of that weapon.

Lasher Volatile Plasma
    Greatly increases Explosive Range and Damage for the trade off of a Maximum Range before the balls dissipate entirely.

Both Will Stack with Ionized Laser sight for Increased Reach.

And that's My Ideas.
    • Up x 26
  2. Nintyuk

Well Any one think these ideas are good?
  3. Phyr

I don't dislike it.
    • Up x 1
  4. Unclematos7

NC shotgun attachment: FRAG ROUNDS!

Frag Rounds: Frag Rounds give the player godlike powers on the battlefield, including the ability to control day and night.;)
    • Up x 3
  5. Nintyuk

I would really Like To know if I hit the nail on the head for the factions themes.
    NC Range and Power
    TR More Dakka
    VS Mobility and Close Range Damage Boosts
  6. ZeroErrorz

agree on everything, lets hope no mlg smart@$$ come here and say OP,UP,NERF,BUFF,BALANCE, **** no to all that all i care now is how fun a weapon can be, try playing battlefront 2 ALL weapon and class there is OP which make the game balanced
  7. deggy

[IMG]
    • Up x 4
  8. BeyondNInja

I don't know how any of this would be balanced or feasible for the devs to add but explosive buckshot would be hilarious on a scatmax. I always loved Torgue shotguns in Borderlands 2.
    • Up x 1
  9. Nintyuk

[IMG]

This is My Boom stick!
  10. Paperlamp

Volatile plasma would just make VS guns overpowered, I see few instances where it's not practically a dramatic straight upgrade from soft point or HVA. Most weapons aren't used past the point they hit their minimum damage.

High Explosive Buck would just make NC dominate CQC even more, this is not needed and not welcome. NC MAXes already shred all other MAXes at close ranges effortlessly, and having Jackhammer Heavies do something similar would just make NC way too strong indoors - a place they already excel to a possibly unhealthy-for-balance degree.You also say the downside is half the pellets, but the weapon does the same damage overall - so how is that an actual downside?

TR...the horizontal compensator not stacking with forward grip defeats it in many cases. Maybe you're assuming we're using the over-extended mags, but I actually use a regular compensator and a forward grip and wouldn't drop either - TR weapons need all the help in the accuracy department they can get, and I'm not trading that for more bullets - it already isn't worth the trade-off.

Sorry to say that I don't think any of these would improve the game. I do like the idea of faction-specific attachments as an idea separate from these specific examples though, it could help give players more control over how their weapon performs - I think more attachments faction specific or not would be a good thing assuming they're well balanced.
    • Up x 2
  11. Nintyuk

So 4 months later, what's peoples Opinion now?
  12. DevDevBooday

This is actually a really awesome idea, here, have a like.
  13. Alchemist44

I demand a shotgun attachment for the Mag-Cutters!
  14. FactionTraitsFTW

Dont like every single one, but generally you really had some great ideas.

MOAR FACTION TRAITS!
    • Up x 1
  15. Deadreach

These are fine and dandy, Minus the fact, that the NC/VS get attachments that give them Velocity, while tr are only getting extended mags/No reload, while thats awesome, It wont matter how many bullets we have, if NC/VS weapons with supervelocity HE rounds hit us first.
  16. triav

Im liking the belt feed system for MCG
  17. Nintyuk

Actually the VS gets damage boosts and a small amount of range. But they also can opt for a range cap, as in No bullets travel beyond a certain distance. Plus the VS stuff doesn't improve weapon control or accuracy. The ILS doesn't increase bullet speed and only increases it to the same as HVA.
  18. JKomm

As an NC who heavily uses shotguns... I actually disagree with the high explosive buck ammo. While I think that would be an extraordinary thing to have, I believe NC should get a special shotgun attachment that differentiates them from the other factions, even regular shotguns like the Mauler or the Bruiser.

In my head, this would be the first ever barrel attachments for shotguns, these attachments would be:

- Long Barrel: Improves the minimum damage range.
    - Tight Spread Barrel: Improves pellet spread by 0.5

This will give NC shotguns a unique feel to them rather than being clones of all other factions, which gives us a little more of a trait for a commonly seen weapon of the NC. The reason for two different types is of course preference, since it is a direct upgrade(As it adds a whole new slot to NC shotguns) it should have more than one option otherwise everyone will be seen with the only possible option.
    • Up x 1
  19. MrNature72

Just a note from someone who hunts and knows a lot about shotguns, both of those would be done by what's called a Choke.

I think the two best options would be Shotgun Choke and Sawed Off Barrel.
    • Up x 2
  20. JKomm

Choke! That was the word I was looking for, though I don't know how a Sawed Off shotgun barrel would fit in-game, I suppose choke would decrease spread by 0.5 and increase minimum damage range while sawed off would increase spread by 0.5 and increase the maximum damage range? Who knows.
    • Up x 1