Some of us are still getting disconnects.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Alexander Chadwick, Oct 11, 2018.

1. takataka77

Now I am seriosuly WORRIED about the SECURITY of my CREDIT CARD information stored by this company...it's not so much the bugged Halloween patch itself but a really poor not to say appaling handling of the crisis situation by Day Break.

And I love the game and wish the company all the best but the scarcity of information, unresponsive support and the fact that they are capable of a screw up on such a massive scale (a self imposed catastrophe) hardly inspire confidence in the professionalism.

Thank God we in the EU have the GDPR regulation and well developed data privacy laws which give us the right to have any data erased!
    • Up x 1
  2. SarissaGR2

I get this problem, almost every time there is a big patch. Still get booted after 30 secs. So.... any alternative game to ps2?
    • Up x 1
  3. ilioX97

Day 3. I left my Discord outfit server because I know I'll never play this game anymore because of this.
    • Up x 2
  4. Crash Bandicoot

I don't get any disconnects now but horrific latency at the start. Overtime it fixes I guess but still...
  5. AMILOLV

this is what they posted on reddit
    To quote:
    "We believe the issues were due to a new tech integration not behaving the way it should have, not the content in the patch itself. This is also why we haven't been able to simple rollback the patch. Yes, this has proven itself to be a pain, but as we get things working it will be worth it in the long-run.
    We've got members on the team continuing to work on this issue through the weekend, and will provide an update/fix as soon as we can. We're likely going to extend the length of the Halloween event as well, as we know players have lost time to play the event."
    -Roxxly
  6. AMILOLV

7. AMILOLV

still don't understand why they didnt post anything on official forum, and looks like on you dont get any response froms devs.
    • Up x 4
  8. Humusak

day 4 after patch, i am still unable to play. Is any problem there or this is usually status from now?
  9. Flizzy

Truth be told what you do expect they should write? It's not like they know what's going on and after multiple days I get the impressions that they aren't even trying. At best we just leave planetside for now and return after the Halloween event and as it was said, the problem will solve itself it's just a matter of time.
  10. velie12

they generally dont use the official forums. you should look on reddit and twitter for dev responses.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/9nxdws/can_anyone_play_without_disconnects_atm/e7q28az

https://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/9nyeja/game_still_unplayable/e7q2uou

still the most recent dev responses are from about 11 hours ago
  11. Twin Suns

Thanks to you DBG, my local squirrel population is going down. o7

Dirty Dingus Magee with a BB.
    • Up x 1
  12. BattGuano

This is day 4 and getting REAL annoying......
  13. SmittyJensen

That is counter-intuitive. Why are they posting on unofficial communication channels when they have an official one right here? Post here then link that original post to the other channels... imo.

I don't really want to deal with reddit if I don't have to.. just because it's popular doesn't mean it's right. And they could allay some concerns by simply communicating with us here instead of letting them brew.
    • Up x 1
  14. OldGunner

Tried again this morning. maybe 30 seconds in and Disconnect......Sigh
  15. XcachoX

And we are hoping a fix? o_O
  16. BattGuano

does anyone know if uninstalling and reinstalling makes any difference? i hate to go that route but if it's a fix.....
  17. XcachoX

Not working for some of us
  18. GroeneAppel

I've tried that, no results.
  19. Aleijo

The thing is... are they going to compensate for those days? We now have 4 less days to try and collect Halloween stuff. I'm not even counting that most of us have limited time to play this game and this is such a hassle.
  20. Andru

Can't get to the character select screen now. Was working this morning, but now when I hit Play the game starts loading and then just crashes to the desktop after about a minute.

Edit - Got to my character on the third try. Now it's hung on loading Koltyr. This is on Connery.