Planetside or New conglomerate

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Gavlad7, Jul 7, 2018.

1. AEROCHAOSS

Well, great idea I should try all fractions. Oh damn already three characters, one each fraction. Mhh yea should play them, again I'm on it.
    If there is a page which can tell me the progress of one gun, then I could show you how badly my kd rose once familiar to the game.
    It is already significant better for the nose gun compared with my vs one.
    The point why I am not playing NC is, I don't want to waste my time in a damn queue.
    On most NC guns I already have better accuracy than on vs counter parts, so no valid hard hitting but hard controlling point.
  2. Hegeteus

It's so good I auraxed it 43 times
  3. chamks

yes! NC are op. im nc and i can safely say that i never had fun in this game like im having with the NC. i auraxed the phoenix that can do things that non other weapon can do in this game. or to be n1 with 50 kills with a scattmax, when the second on the board has half the kills... the la1 anchor, the gauss saw, the vanguard. man
  4. Demigan

hmm hmm, very believeable.

/s
    • Up x 5
  5. LordKrelas

Man with VS Icon.
    Phoenix.. can do things, sure: Phoenix also can be shot down, and be out-repaired by a single engineer.
    That's something no other weapon can do as well; Mean while the Striker, is nailing aircraft hard, and the Lancer was the Extreme-range AV.
    50-Kills on a scattmax, which requires a location to favor it: And no one bright enough to kill the Max.
    The Anchor, accuracy required, and has a VS clone.
    The Gauss Saw, requires accuracy on the user, and poor accuracy of the enemy, with the RPM it has.
    The Vanguard, is 'op', in the situation where the Shield is available; And screwed without it.

The Prowler is a murder-machine.
    The Magrider is an agile demon.
    The Orion, is a highly effective weapon; with an infinite-ammo version called the Beetle.
    Then there's the Pistols, the most effective of which are NS.
    Then there's the Reaver, which is the easiest to hit ESF, with the loudest engine.
    The RNGesus on the very same mentioned Shotgun Max from earlier, which also is range-limited.

It's not as if, NC, with the lowest number of alert wins, and barely achieving anything from the Game's Launch to today is actually able to be OP, yet lose the everything.
    Every single NC item, that seems potent: Is the most situation-dependent weapon or tool in the class.
    MAX Shotguns: Close-range situation, where no one exploits the reload, the range, or explosives.
    Phoenix: Requires a crap-load of Users who are rendered sitting ducks to slaughter, at a target within 270 meters.
    Vanguard: Requires every battle to be a 1v1, and the shield Recharged; As go figure, it's the one tank built to survive.
    Gauss Saw: Unfailing accuracy, with head-shots on target, who doesn't nail the user first.

Now, I can list flaws for each side, which screw them heavily.
    (Examples, being TR's lockdown on Maxes making them essentially waiting-to-die past select moments, ZOE after the needed-nerf, making VS Maxes that use it, basically suicide)
    But NC is far from OP, with quite literally the most amusing number of near useless gimicky weapons.
    A shotgun-pistol, a Shotgun-on-a-shotgun for a Directive-weapon, AV Mode on an LMG that cuts damage in half..
    A Sniper-rifle with a massive firing delay.
    5 Flavors of near identical close-range Shotguns, when 2 rein supreme over the entire array of Shotguns available.
    A heavy weapon shotgun near identical to normal shotguns; And plays exactly like them..
    A Guided-Missile, that renders the user static & standing, and can only kill an Infiltrator (yet also can be used from spawn)
    A shotgun for a ESF Primary weapon...a flying vehicle.
    The NC's latest additions:
    20-meter min-range, 110(?) meter-max range, arcing mortar(?) that takes 3+ shots to kill infantry, on flash units.
    A Clone of a VS Gun.
    An SMG with No-hipfire.

Like.. dear mercy.
    Do I mention TR have the piss-poor "Trap" sniper rifle that has a very confused attempt at burst-fire mode, while NC is stuck with the massively-delayed-fire Railjack, while VS's sniper rifle of this type, is a Bullet-drop-less infinite-ammo Bolt-Action with Semi-Auto mode Sniper Rifle that suffers from a slightly lower velocity?
    Notice the Description length differences? TR's is noted for poor performance, NC's is noted for a massive impracticality for an accuracy-dependent long-range weapon, and VS's is a list of very nice traits, followed by 1 flaw.
    "Like. man".
  6. LaughingDead

Now I can argue godsaw if effective in numbers...but uh....phoenix in spawn is ok.............You forgot to mention slowest ESF...........

Yea I can’t argue most of this. This is the NC’s loadout of gimmicky weapons, there’s a reason no one takes a jackhammer even as a secondary but I could argue that magshot is decent.

On the flip side I took a stock heat prowler with no gunner and killed 10 vehicles in one streak, most being viper lightnings and saron harassers. I have never thought I could enjoy a solo MBT run that didn’t involve constantly swapping seats, vanguard is just slow as **** to kill anything with the main turret, people scream at the top of their lungs alpha damage but that’s not even true because the prowler pulls bigger first strike numbers than that. Not to mention, holy **** the repair speed was actually tolerable, like my maxxed rep tool with NAR on my vanguard still takes a long *** time to repair but prowler with rep tool 3 felt fine with what I was fighting. Oh forgot to mention I wasn’t using barrage. Think I might swap over to TR. Shame I don’t enjoy NC as much as I used to.
  7. Lee Weldon

Yeah like out of the box, i did prefer the carv and the orion much more than the saw, I really do want to try some of the guns, for instance Cycler TRV, jaguar to name a few. So I started playing the TR and VS characters, I'm still in oppinion that NC only becomes effective with a lot more certs, most of these things people will conclude are OP like the overpowered guns on NC maxes, I've still not unlocked on my main. Give me another few months to grind another 10,000 certs and I might have more oppinion, but most of us are basing our assumptions off of on paper figures, because I doubt anyone owns every weapon in the arsenal. Though you cannot dispute things like the hitboxes of the ESF's, the guy up top saying he prefers the nosegun on the NC reaver, come to Briggs, show your skills in a 1v10 situation. NC don't even contest the aerial alerts, though I did spend about 4000 certs on my reaver just to test things and fairly dissapointed, feels worse than the VS scythes with the default nosegun, because they are just so hard to hit and if you keep your range and play it out where the scythe is hardest to hit, you should have no problems at all.
  8. Diilicious

ever since whatever patch it was that changed resistances and health pools of... stuff (dont really know or care about the details) ive felt I had to start using nanite auto repair on my tanks instead of default stealth all the time always, because most of the time i dont have a gunner and it just takes an unacceptablely long time to repair a critically damaged vanguard alone. like my god it takes what seems like forever in a fire fight.

the strange thing is I have noticed no difference in using NAR over Stealth in terms of how many people notice me or not and how much attention i get from enemies. weird.
  9. Rydenan

10. Doc Jim

It really depends on which enemies you're facing, a bunch of randoms may not be as attentive as an outfit squad. Then again, even an outfit squad may miss you and a bunch of randoms which randomly has some form of radar may see you but fail to communicate your presence.
    Plenty of people seem to act indifferently to the minimap. It's pretty much the reason why I've stopped using silencers and always pick NAR over stealth. Also, I'm lazy.
  11. LaughingDead

I wouldn't call wanting to take less time out of your day to sit there and hold M1 lazy.
  12. chamks

i might over-hiped about the nc, every faction has her own traits. but i do stand behind what i said. i did auraxed the phoenix, and the kills still grow ever since. and i did had 1 time in naison defiance (before the warp gate stabilazed) 50 kills on board, and the second higher with kills on the board had 30.
  13. YellowJacketXV

NC just has very, very high alpha damage. If they get the drop on you, or if they are experienced in aiming high, it sucks. They fall short, however, on the leadership side STILL to this day. They also fall short in what feels like versatility. A lot of NC players are also too direct and too independent to follow the Orders chat.
  14. Demigan

I have had multiple times that as an LA, I scored more kills than the resident MAX's, ESF, HA's and HESH tanks of all sides in a 3-way fight! LA OP it's OP I tells ya!

Or you recognize that sometimes you just hit that sweet spot. It could be a bunch of dumdums that don't notice you just shot 4 dudes next to them from 2m away and are now about to kill him and you can repeat this process a couple of times before your allies finally push out. It could be just good aim and RNG from your part giving you kill after kill. It could just be the base where you fight at and the position that the fight stabilized at which gives your class a bigger advantage than say a close-range MAX. None of this makes it OP. What it does on average for everyone, that is what defines it as OP or not.
  15. Twin Suns

Blue & Gold is so OP we win all the Alerts.

The other factions weapons can't even kill us.

What's this, NC lost the continent and I was killed by another faction? But we're supposed to be OP. *sniffles*
  16. Rydenan

You outed yourself there, mate.
    No mortal has accomplished that feat.
  17. Movoza

And so the circle continues! At one time VS is OP, then TR and then NC. Or at least the claims are. I have a sneaking suspicion that this is also linked to the most popular faction at a time, which often has the highest pop and has an easier time steamrolling the other factions. This seems only half related with certain weapons that feel powerful against the players.
    On the flip side many people are unaware of the power they are holding, often legitimizing some power or neglecting it in comparison to other weapons. Old ESF rocket pods were balanced, as well as striker and VS overdrive, Liberators, PPA, TR AI nosegun and more. If these glaring overpowered things don't show it for everyone, what will be the reaction to mildly more powerful, competitive or even just slightly worse weapons? Of course the grass is greener on the other side!

Now show us (me) empirically or other substantial evidence the cases that are OP and I'm happy to discuss it and, if convinced, campaign for changes. Otherwise it is just a case of finding better play styles so the OP weapons aren't as effective against you.
  18. chamks

i have done things with the phoenix that people wouldnt believe. i have managed to get through creeks, tunnels, tight paths, with the rocket, that people didnt dream i can do this. i wish i recorded this. from the spawn room, behind a corner, a rock, near friendly players or just run and gun. the phoenix rocket control capabilities allow me to chase down many.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  19. Rydenan

I'm impressed.

However, your fire count for the Phoenix is 25,543.
    Which means you had to fire over 17 rockets (and steer them and watch that long reload animation) per kill. Just thinking about that makes me want to claw my eyes out.
    Surely you can't argue that it's a truly effective weapon in light of your experience with it..
    • Up x 1
  20. LaughingDead

Holy crap. Even I don't have the patience for that. I auraxed 3 rocket launchers so far but 17 rockets per kill? On the slowest reload and refire rocket launcher in the game????? That's basically an extra rocket every 2 phoenixes if you were using a normal rocket launcher. Just no way.
    • Up x 1