Goodbye Lancer...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ObsidianSoul, Sep 27, 2017.

1. Atorum

Phoenix is unique.
    Lancer is unique.
    Striker is un..... oh never mind, Rocklet gun...
  2. Insignus

It was never intended to be an 800m pinpoint laser. It was meant to be a faction specific LR launcher, not a ES Beyond Visual Range launcher. You're demanding high damage, high accuracy, excellent ballistics, and target versatility, with high ammo count, at a level incomparable by any other launcher, the majority of which have seen there own values change. Do you not see the disparity your advocating solely for your own playstyle?

But Enough. Based on how you've interacted with others who are raising similar points to mine in a more polite fashion, I'm calling this a Skub War. There are more important changes to worry about than the Lancer.

Ergo:
    Hello! You've been issued a Heresy Citation for:

Class A (Promotion of ****tery)
    Sub 13 - 30 Token - Skub Wars

Class A Citations are issued for specific heretical beliefs that are defined as promoting ****tery within the Planetside 2 Community, including, but not limited to, In-Game Actions, Statements of Belief in both Forum and Reddit, in ways that have been deemed injurious under the remit of the Falkyrate.

If you feel you have received this citation in error, please contact the Directorate of Ecumenical Relations & Protocols, at (ERROR: NUMBER OUT OF SERVICE).

Thank You,
    Have a Nice Day!
    ShadowInsignus, Fylkir, Connery
    • Up x 4
  3. adamts01

Exploiting the game's limited render ranges could arguably be considered abuse. But that doesn't really matter, it's just semantics. Long range infantry AV needed to go, for all factions.
    • Up x 4
  4. Halkesh

Well the only thing lancer need now is a more detailed info (only charge 1 damage is showed) and more ammunition in reserve to match any other RL ammo reserve buff.

To people comparing damage of striker and other RL : striker keep its light AV damage type while most other RL are rocket launcher damage type.
  5. FateJH

That's actually more or less accurate. The PlanetSide Classic Rocklet Rifle had gone on to equip Fragmentation Grenade Packs (originally used by the Punisher underbarrel attachment) and deploy them as budget flak. While the original rocklet wasn't terribly useful against heavy armor, it could work in a pinch if you had nothing else and push came to shove.
  6. BorgUK1of9

Totally agree, suddenly our poor weapons are showing through.

Can we add the lumbering Magrider and due to its fixed front gun the most useless vehicle on Hossin.

In fact can we just have our Lasher, MAX with jumpjets and Magrider with turreted gun from PS1 because these PS2 versions are utter pants.
  7. Orakel

Why DB aka Wrel dont just patch VS out of the game ???? Nerf here and nerf over there .. VS world pop below 30% on both EU server and all they do is just nerf and nerf .. im tired of this **** ..
    • Up x 1
  8. Luminari

On a positive note, the LPPA for the Scythe is now comparable to the other empire specific ground attack nose guns.

But the loss of the Lancer is a huge blow to Vanu's anti tank capabilities. Quite often the VS had to rely on infantry to stop enemy armored columns instead of their own Magriders. I just hope the new vehicle system makes the Magrider viable to fill in the loss of our AT infantry. Else we're ******.
  9. printrio

i agree with this post, tested out the lancer at about 100m in vr thinking this is a safe distance any inf would be to get a gank on a tank, cleared my ammo 3 times!!! i fkin reloaded that biach 3 times to get a dam tank lightning to smoke, and the magrider feels like a joke with prowlers one shotting me on the field "is there a sweet spot to hit or my **** sucks that bad?" also im legit serious about getting one shotting in a mag rider from prowlers, i nearly lost my **** and contemplated my existance for about 5mins before switching back to inf, and when i see tanks tbh i just hide and wait for others to kill them cause idk how to kill a tank, cant get close enough for mines "situational" and my launchers and anthing AV just gives away my position and the tank blows me to hell before i can get a second or third shot off that doesnt even leave the tank smoking... so... i just cower in fear until enough VS swarms and blows the ****** up i guess, yet when im in a mag or lightning, seems like TR and NC seem to delete my tank in just 2 or 3 hits from infantry, its driving me up the fkin wall that idk how to do that much dmg to a tank, any VS weapon suggestions for taking down a tank in a timely manner without dropping 6+ shots?
  10. Orakel

Its still not the old PPA and still nerfed ..
  11. LordKrelas

And the Dalton still isn't the original, and is still nerfed in comparison.
    LOL-Pods are the same way.

Gatekeeper as well.

Can't be happy till the OP is back, or better eh?

Any rocket has this issue at this point, unless NS. (For killing tanks)
    As well, rear-shots on tanks amplify damage; So no prowler can even one-shot you.

6+ shots is gonna be for anything but the Annil, so I'd try that.
    Lancer isn't that bad, I actually had fun with it; Mind you, I use Ammo printer.
    With the damage EXP, it could be worse sadly, but all AV took a hit; The Lancer still has range.
  12. MichaelMoen

You think the Lancer is horrible? You want to know how much I hate the Lancer? It hits me from miles away, the travel time of the beam is almost instantaneous it's impossible to outmaneuver it. It's literally the bane of vehicle warfare out in the open where theres no cover. I can't even effectively return fire cause the shooter only needs to pop their head over a ridge for a second.

I could go on about how Vanu weapons are so incredibly painful to play against that I have no idea what you're talking about them being terrible to use, I could even throw TR in the rant cause I main an NC and I have to put up with your Sarons and your Vulcans and your Mountain Goat Magriders every time I log in. But as someone else said that's the thing. Grass is always greener. I keep myself from acquiring your perspective cause I refuse to play that which I loathe the most. But because of that I'll never full understand what it's like to be on the other side of your weapons. All I've known for 1,300 hours is being on the wrong side of your barrels.
    • Up x 1
  13. Atorum

This patch is a massive blow to any TR armor abilities, I can barely see any Prowler around, nerfed to the ground.
    Worst patch ever....
  14. ObsidianSoul

Except I didn't. I didn't say I wanted the range back, did I? I fully understand why they nerfed the range. I was complaining about the overnerf and how this seems to be another ZOE incident. Where in response to being OP, they render a weapon useless under the guise of claiming it's an "improvement".

The Lancer's damage post-update at MID-range was next to nothing, coupled with a very significant reduction of projectile velocity. And by mid-range I mean WITHIN retaliatory distance. As in the vehicles can see you and can hit you. That's my complaint.

The Archers now outperform the Lancers as an AV weapon. It has become the Lancer. Do you understand the problem with that?

I do not answer to TR summons, puny unenlightened human.

P.S. @Atorum, massive blow? Your beloved Vulcan is untouched. I do not know why TR still do not seem to know how to capitalize on the Gun That Kills Everything™ and translate it into actual wins. Today, a Vulcan Harasser swarm took out every single armor we had in mere seconds. Despite that, we won the alert thrice in a row without resorting to armor zergballs.
  15. Lamat

Thanks for providing real data.

The sad part is Phoenix stats have got to be padded from spawnroom heroes, i wish that wasn't the case.

Does anyone know how the other Launchers we affected by CAI damage-wise? Phoenix was already limited to 300m if I remember correctly, but I wonder about damage.
  16. Insignus

The Falkyrate is trans-factional. The Valkyrie sees all ;)
  17. ObsidianSoul

A heretical 4th factioner! You are a long way off from enlightenment, my child.
    • Up x 1
  18. Insignus

Nay, its beyond Faction. Think of it more like a professional association that is also a pseudo-religious order with an expansive remit.
  19. TheBrokenClown

Exactly this. That's why I've deleted my 116 or so BR nearly a year ago - there's simply no point in playing VS when that imbecile wannabe dev Wrel literally wastes every unique aspect of Vanu.
    Even my beloved Phaseshift has lost all its uniqueness with the recent new rifle and the ammo printer....

But hey, that's what happens when you let dumb kinds control a serious company...they'll just let the dumbest of them all control the most important stuff.
  20. MonnyMoony

The Phaseshift got another indirect nerf recently with the changes to implants.

One of Phaseshift's unique traits was that of infinite ammo (presumably to make up for it's lacklustre damage model).........then what did DBG go and do - make an implant that effectively gives all sniper rifles across all factions infinite ammo.