PTS update 1/3

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by LodeTria, Jan 3, 2017.

1. Gundem

Nope, it doesn't give you any messages until the damage dips into the HP of the Sundy, which basically cuts your reaction time if half.

Not to say it's justified to simply not pay attention to your sundy, but it doesn't help to not know your sundy is even under attack.
  2. The Shady Engineer

Lower the projectile lifespan even further but increase velocity to compensate. Still hard capped at 300m but now way deadlier and harder to avoid within those 300m.

Reach doesn't mean much when you can sprint through the blast radius before the delayed detonation kicks in. I only used Claymores for the aurax and finished that way back when so that change doesn't affect me much but still kinda sad to see a previously perfectly good item chitcanned.

Sunderer
    Fury
    Pitch down limit from 17 to 11
    Refill ammo per tick from 32 to 16
    Indirect damage from 334 to 150

Disregard. Read the Fury patch notes for ANT and thought it was for the Sundy. My bad.

I, for one, welcome the new Kobalt farmbus apocalypse. :D

Because of the ridiculously large CoF, unless it's a stationary hovering target, Aspis turrets can't hit jack at 500m. The only group I can think of that was annoyed by the range on the turrets are the 1v1 honobru skyknight crowd who got hit by an 8% health damage stray piece of flak which cause them to lose their bushido hover duel.
  3. FieldMarshall

I wish they would take the time/money to code a belt-fed mechanic into the Butcher instead of just making the mag size 500.
    (Or at least have it as an attachment option along with some sort of downside).
    Especially since they could tone it down and balance it around the "Refill per tick" stat that they already changed on the weapon.

From testing it out on the PTS, 500mag 500max ammo feels a bit clunky to play with (in my opinion).
    Kinda hilarious to see 1500 reserve ammo with the extra ammo suit slot though.

Also, for anyone curious about the new fire mode on the GODSAW (assuming i didnt make any mistakes, which i probably did):

Bullets to kill with the standard fire mode (point blank):
    MAX: 50
    ESF: 65
    AMS: -
    Galaxy: -

Bullets to kill with new fire mode (point blank):
    MAX: 56
    ESF: 66
    AMS: 155
    Galaxy: 370
    • Up x 2
  4. Pelojian

defending a sunderer is not all about using it's weapons, i've seen people spawn and see the sundie being hit and they jsut run off into the base and let's be honest here there are enough incompetent players around that it is advisable to lock your vehicle (in transit or not) if you want to be sneaky because otherwise you'll likely get some idiot that fires a kobalt at a tank or jsut at random terrain at the wrong time and gets your vehicle noticed and destoryed.

sundies being locked isn't an excuse for stupidity, i've deployed and babysat enough UNLOCKED sunderers (mine and other players) to see enough players spawn and make no attempt to ether man the second gun or even attack the enemy hitting the sundie.
    • Up x 1
  5. Pat22

Naw, you can do it with Typhoon ammo to spare.
  6. Liewec123

you can speed it up a little by throwing 2 c4 on the sundy then shooting 2 volleys onto the sundy (killing the shield) and then a 3rd volley near/at the 2 c4, detonating them and instantly killing the sundy :)
    • Up x 1
  7. OgreMarkX

As a TR, can I refund my Butcher and replace it with a GodSaw? IE. Awesome-of-all-Trades LMG?

HEAVY ASSAULTS ALREADY HAVE ANTI-VEHICLE ROCKETS AND ACCESS TO C4.

I shouted that in case the design team room has rubberized walls and a reinforced door.

How long after release until we see a squad of Godsaws just mowing down enemy vehicles, air and ground?

Rockets have counter measures at least...and lock on notice in most case...and long reload....oh hell...

BALANCE!(tm)
  8. entity009

The butcher gets a 500 round mag and the spinup mechanic removed. It is a cqc beast.

The beetle gets regenerating ammo and is a solid gun for cqc and midrange.

The godsaw has a 65 round mag, is terrible cqc and good midrange. It now gets the perk of doing **** damage to vehicles.

I dont see what there is for anyone to complain about the godsaw is getting a **** perk. Why would i ever use my AV launcher again when i can down a gal simply by landing 350 hits reloading 4-5 times?
  9. Jamuro

I don't think that's the point of the update.
    With this change the guy using the turret will get feedback (in this case a lack of hitmarkers), which hopefully will help people who open fire on every aircraft in renderdistance and wonder why they don't get kills.

Honestly i think this change is going to make the turret a bit more deadly ... at least in the hands of someone who never bothered looking up the stats of the tool he is using.
    Or hopefully it might help them understand why they aren't accomplishing much.
  10. Beerbeerbeer

No, it goes beyond that. The nerf to minimum damage will make these directive weapons just junk versus normal LMGs.

These should be desirable weapons, otherwise people will never work towards them. Changing the minimum damage is a gigantic nerf to these weapons imo.

I have the Godsaw and Butcher and half way to the Goose. While I think the Butcher is crap, the Godsaw actually isn't bad. Nerfing the Butcher even more, while giving it a gigantic clip, won't do anything imo and definitely won't makeup for the range nerf no matter what other perks it has. That's an extremely important element to these guns and the Butcher is already teetering on junk status. This will make it worse.

11. LaughingDead

They are doing this to all LMGs, as in regular LMGs too.
  12. LodeTria

After testing it, the Av mode is not very good. It does weaker damage to soft vehicles (ESF, Harasser, Flash & Valk) than normal bullets do. It can hurt hard targets sure, but it does such low damage it's not worth it as we are talking 2+ mags for targets. It's also weaker vs MAXes than normal bullets. You're better off using your launcher instead.
  13. Beerbeerbeer

Where does it say all LMGs are getting range nerfed? I didn't read that, just the listed directive LMGs sans the godsaw
  14. Campagne

Aw, that's a little disappointing. I was hoping it could scare off ESFs and harassers better. Maybe they'll revise it some more before it goes live, if at all.

Thanks for the info!
    • Up x 1
  15. ExarRazor

do those lasher changes mean it doesnt bloom when fired anymore?

if so, that's awesome
  16. Pikachu

Why so hard to come up with meaningful goodness for godsaw? How about we set the damage to 250 and reduce ROF to keep TTK, just to make it different. Now for the actual advantage, increase the damage further to 333 so it kills wounded targets with 1 less bullet.
  17. OgreMarkX

I guess, in the end, everything here is a much much MUCH better than...

The TR TRAP

18. TheSunlikeOne

Or just add permadeath mechanic - players, that are killed with GODSAW (and other NC directive weapons) cannot be revived.
  19. OgreMarkX

TR already has Chain Gun.

The Butcher was never very good. Then they introduced the Naginata with a huge ammo clip (yet another TR 'feature" given to all factions) with a reload half the time of TR LMGs with similar clips (oooooh 10 more in the carv with twice the reload time...ooOoh).

Now the Butcher can spray uselessly longer than before.

More bullets in a clip that are hard to control in the first place and now do less damage?

I'd say they Butchered the concept of a Directive weapon and you might also say that working towards it is....a TRAP. See above.
  20. Juno

Here's to hoping they refund all my Thermal Optics because they sound completely useless now. Back to NV Optics, at least they outline people.