PTS update 1/3

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by LodeTria, Jan 3, 2017.

1. LodeTria

From the other section on the forums https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps2/index.php?threads/pts-update-1-3.244228/:

PTS will be coming down this evening for an update. The following changes will be introduced:

Infantry Balance
    Engineer
    Engineer's shield now passively starts regenerating two seconds earlier than other classes. (8 seconds versus 10 seconds.)

Infiltrator
    Now has access to Battle Rifles.

NS-AM7 Archer
    Impact visuals changed for easier identification on behalf of the recipient.

Anti-Vehicle MANA Turret
    Projectile lifespan from 4.75sec. to 3.2sec.
    This change effectively reduces the max range of the weapon from 450m to 300m

Claymore
    Now has an activation time of 320ms

T7 Mini-Chaingun
    Magazine from 100 to 125
    Ammo capacity from 400 to 500
    Cone of fire bloom from 0.05 to 0
    Standing hipfire CoF from 2.25 to 2.50
    Walking hipfire CoF from 2.75 to 2.50
    Crouching hipfire CoF from 1.75 to 2.50
    Crouch-walking hipfire CoF from 2.25 to 2.50
    Velocity from 600 to 500

Lasher X2
    Now uses the new hipfire viewmodel (same as Anniversary edition)
    Hipfire cone of fire bloom from 0.1 to 0
    ADS cone of fire bloom from 0.05 to 0
    (We’re aware of bug with heavy shield obscuring AE version’s ironsights, should be sorted in a later update.)

Shotgun adjustments
    Mauler S6 (Quick Reload)
    ADS pellet spread from 2.75 to 2.5

The Brawler (Auraxium Mauler S6)
    ADS pellet spread from 2.5 to 2

NC12 Sweeper (High Capacity)
    ADS pellet spread from 3 to 2.75

AF-57 Piston (Automatic)
    ADS pellet spread from 3.75 to 3.5

NC05 Jackhammer (Heavy Weapon)
    Max damage from 100@5m to 112@all ranges

Thanatos VE70 (Quick Reload)

Chaos (Auraxium Thanatos VE70)

Nova (High Capacity)
    ADS pellet spread from 2.8 to 2.75

Pandora VX25 (Automatic)
    ADS pellet spread from 4 to 3.5

FA1 Barrage (Quick Reload)

Havoc (Auraxium FA1 Barrage)
    Max damage from 100@5m to 100@8m

TS4 Haymaker (High Capacity)
    ADS pellet spread from 2.8 to 2.75

AS16 NightHawk (Automatic)
    ADS pellet spread from 3.75 to 3.5

Directive weapon adjustments
    Darkstar
    Vertical recoil from 0.198 to 0.187
    Horizontal recoil from 0.16 to 0.15
    Horizontal recoil tolerance from 0.7 to 0.525

T1 Unity
    Horizontal recoil from 0.18 to 0.16875
    Horizontal recoil tolerance from 0.5 to 0.375
    Magazine from 40 to 50
    Ammo Capacity from 240 to 250
    Short reload from 2.755sec. to 3.1 sec.
    Muzzle velocity from 550 to 522

Gauss Prime
    Vertical recoil from 0.2850 to 0.255
    Horizontal recoil from 0.14 to 0.13125
    Horizontal recoil tolerance from 0.4 to 0.3
    Projectile velocity from 650 to 651 (bug fix)
    Maximum damage range from 10m to 8m

Butcher
    Removed spinup mechanic.
    Magazine size from 150 to 500
    Ammo capacity from 450 to 500
    Refill ammunition per tick from 50 to 10
    Min damage from 125 to 112
    Equip time from 1250ms to 1300ms
    Short reload from 5.4sec. to 6.2sec.
    Long reload from 6.2sec. to 7sec.
    Muzzle velocity from 570 to 540

Betelgeuse
    Min damage from 125 to 112.

GODSAW
    The GODSAW now has a secondary firing mode which deals minor damage to vehicles, but reduces its damage against infantry by 50%.

Skorpios
    Forward Grip, HVA, Extended Magazine
    Now properly restores one magazine per tick from ammo boxes
    Max damage range from 10 to 8
    Min damage range from 48 to 60
    ADS Cone of Fire from 0.2 to 0.3
    Vertical recoil from 0.3 to 0.2
    Recoil angle from 20 to 15
    Horizontal recoil from 0.3/0.392 to 0.225/0.294
    Horizontal recoil tolerance from 0.9 to 0.675
    Short reload from 1.74sec. to 2.08sec.
    Long reload from 2.8sec. to 3.36sec.

Armistice
    Forward Grip, Extended Magazine, HVA
    Max damage range from 6 to 4
    Min damage range from 50 to 62
    Velocity from 388 to 370
    Vertical recoil from 0.225 to 0.15
    Horizontal recoil from 0.3470/0.3760 to 0.26/0.282
    Horizontal recoil tolerance from 0.9 to 0.675
    Short reload from 2.25sec. to 2.7sec.
    Long reload from 2.92sec. to 3.5sec.

Tempest
    Forward Grip, Extended Magazine, HVA
    Max damage range from 6 to 4
    Min damage range from 54 to 66
    Vertical recoil from 0.36 to 0.3
    First shot recoil multiplier from 2.25 to 2.5
    Horizontal recoil from 0.212/0.304 to 0.159/0.3
    Horizontal recoil tolerance from 0.7 to 0.675
    Short reload from 1.855sec. to 2.23sec.
    Long reload from 3sec. to 3.6sec.

The Immortal
    Velocity from 163 to 325
    ADS CoF bloom from 0.12 to 0.06
    Magazine size from 17 to 15
    Ammo capacity from 85 to 90

The Executive
    Velocity from 188 to 375
    ADS CoF bloom from 0.14 to 0.07
    Magazine size from 15 to 13
    Ammo capacity from 75 to 78

The President
    Velocity from 188 to 375
    ADS CoF bloom from 0.1 to 0.05
    Magazine size from 21 to 18
    Ammo capacity from 105 to 108

Chaos, Havoc, The Brawler
    Remain unchanged, outside of the shotgun balance changes.

Moonshot, Parsec, Bighorn
    Remain unchanged.

Revenant, DMR-99, Guardian
    Remain unchanged.

Vehicle Balance
    Vehicle Knockback
    Vehicle knockback felt too sluggish in realistic conditions, and overall wasn't a good fit for the game. This mechanic has been shelved for now, though we may explore using knockback as a feedback mechanism in the future, instead of a mechanic with more tangible gameplay implications.

Aspis Anti-Air turrets (lattice base version)
    Projectile lifespan from 3sec. to 1.2sec.
    Projectiles now detonate at the end of their lifespan.
    This change brings the maximum effective range of base turrets to 450 meters to focus their role on the defense of the base, instead of influencing far-off fights.

Vehicle Thermal Optics
    Renamed "Threat Detection Optics"
    No longer highlights infantry
    Now highlights projectiles and some NPCs
    Ground-vehicle thermal range from 150 to 350
    Aircraft thermal range from 350 to 500

ESF
    Hornet Missiles
    Direct damage from 2000 to 1500
    Indirect damage from 550 to 250
    Indirect damage max range from 4m to 3m

Valkyrie
    Pelter Rocket Pods
    In-game stats now display correct indirect damage range.
    Magazine from 8 to 10
    Ammunition capacity cert line from 8 rockets per rank to 10 rockets per rank
    Velocity from 150 to 250
    Ammo capacity from 64 to 100

Harasser
    Fury
    Indirect damage from 334 to 150

Galaxy
    Bulldog
    Direct damage from 1000 to 600
    Indirect damage from 500 to 400

Sunderer
    Empire Specific Weapons
    These weapons have had baseline adjustments to damage and in some cases, mechanics. Please provide feedback.
    Siegebreaker’s camera and model have been fixed and adjusted.

Deployment Shield
    Maximum health from 2000 to 2500.

Basilisk
    Pitch down limit from 24 to 18

Bulldog
    Pitch down limit from 17 to 11

Fury
    Refill ammo per tick from 32 to 16

Walker
    Pitch down limit from 0 to 5

Ranger

ANT
    Empire Specific top-weapons have been shelved
    Fixed various third person top-turret cameras

Basilisk
    Pitch down limit from 24 to 15

Fury
    Refill ammo per tick from 32 to 16
    Indirect damage from 334 to 150

Kobalt
    Pitch down limit from 25 to 18

Walker

Ranger

Bulldog

Prowler, Magrider, Vanguard
    Top Armor
    The top armor cert line now increases resistance to C4.
    Currently, two bricks will barely destroy these vehicles (so effectively no change if you were getting destroyed by two bricks prior,) but we are open to adjustment after seeing how it affects the desirability of the top armor cert line.

Ranger

Walker

Misc. changes and additions
    Removed holiday themes from the Engineer's ammunition pack and C-4 brick.

Bug fixes
    MKV-P Suppressed's rail attachments should no longer share space with optics.
    Fixed Galaxy tail weapon camera.
    • Up x 5
  2. Campagne

Overall some good, some bad. Interested to see how it all plays out on the PTS.

I'm curious how the GodSAW's AV firing mode will work. Additional damage to light vehicles as well, or just normal damage to them with light to heavy vehicles? What about MAXes? Would they be affected by the 50% damage modifier against infantry? In any case, would be cool to be able to open up on sunndies and libs, though highly impractical I imagine.

The velocity buff on the directive sidearms is quite nice, but reducing the magazine size? Still worse than the defaults in almost every way. :confused:

As always, +1'd for proper use of [PSA] tag, thanks for the heads up! :)
  3. OgreMarkX

NC get a directive LMG that can now damage everything at a flip of a switch?

Did Higby rejoin the design team?
  4. GuhMaster2512

And TR now get a directive LMG that fires indefinitely with an ammo pack. Sounds balanced /s
  5. OgreMarkX

Butcher was my first Directive (and currently only). I was warned it was underwhelming. It is. So now I have more ammo per clip that sprays everywhere like a 3 year old with spray paint and no supervision. yea! ;)
  6. Pelojian

seems like shotguns get a bit better in spread, more of a mixed bag for tanks bads get C4 protection from one C4 brick but good players get punished with the change to thermal being longer range AV but not showing infantry. in other words using it makes you see vehicles easier but makes it harder to see infantry in low light conditions that may be closing on you with C4.

change to AV turret buffs vehicle users against bad turret users as now they will get killed because the victim can see them render and kill them.

claymore activation delay? could have just found a way to make prox mines detonate faster if someone tries to sprint through the blast radius.
  7. CrimsonEclipse5

Hrm... So engies can now have a 4s delay on their shields with ASC? I see no problem with this at all...
  8. Pelojian

heavies have shield, medics have AOE heal, LA has jetpack, infiltrators have cloak, engineer drops ammo pack. one is not like the other where their ability does not really help them in combat.

a tiny decrease in shield recovery won't change much. besides engineers have to actually win their gunfights which are likely against classes that do have a combat advantage by their ablities
    • Up x 1
  9. Abunis

Thermals no longer highlighting infantry sounds like a bad change. How will bad players enjoy playing?
    Esp on Hossin? That's what thermal vision does. The same people who said that wouldn't play on Hossin in the first place.

A solution:
    Infiltrators will surround nearby friendlies with heat-masking fields when cloaked. (Doesn't even need an animation, just lines of code.) So any infiltrator that remains cloaked near friendlies, those friendlies will not be highlighted on enemy thermal scopes. This makes infiltrators more welcome in team play, while still allowing a crutch scope to exist for less-experienced gunners, while also creating a viable counter against it. Gunners that prefer zooms over thermals don't need the thermal change. If it's an infantry issue, the infantry should have team-based counters against it.

Don't want noobs to have a chance? They're noobs and you're not, so you'll know how to counter.
    Personally, I don't care about the thermal change. Better for me as LA. But other options could be more interesting.
  10. Mojo_man

To be honest, I don't really think buffing Engis kill ability is that necessary. They're so useful in other sectors of gameplay I don't think it's unfair to have them outshone by their other infantry counterparts when it comes to fighting. Especially once they get some additional Infantry synergy with their deploy-able cover. Personally I feel they fit very well into their support\backup\Fortification roles as opposed to "Front line" like the rest are responsible for. That's really just my own opinion on it though.
  11. Endlave

As much as I am happy to see updates, this one just makes me shake my head in disbelief.

Vehicle Top Armor is supposed to combat C4, yet won't stop an instagib? Why cert it then? Who even only uses one brick on a vehicle aside from the few cases it drives off before you can place the second? Buffing the armor would have been a reasonable change since theyforgot to nerf infantryside after the Resource Revamp and now even added rocklet rifles.

Vehicle Thermal Optics won't show infantry anymore. Wow, great, why use it then? It was useful for when you needed to watch out for these sneaky players trying to outsmart you. Now the cert line can go straight into the trash can. I mean, projectiles...really?

I haven't used my AV Mana turret in a while and I suppose I soon won't use it anymore at all if they keep nerfing its distance further.

Claymore nerf saddens me slightly, but we will see how that turns out. I will take a delay over a damage nerf any day.

All in all, I hope most of the changes will see an adjustment before they hit live, or, better yet, get scrapped completely.
    • Up x 1
  12. Demigan

So... Sunderer Deployment shield with 500 extra health. Definitely designed to stop LA's from destroying Sunderers.

Just for everyone's information. Currently an LA that tries to blow up a shielded Sunderer has to throw 1 C4, detonate, throw the second C4, detonate and then unload all his Typhoon Magazine's, and only the last shots will actually destroy the Sunderer. That's 17,25 seconds of firing Rocklets plus the time it takes to throw and detonate two C4 separately. It's so sad that people actually think that this is a problem in any way, shape or form.
    • Up x 1
  13. Mojo_man

These are all a few of my favorite things. Even the Top armor still being basically worthless against C4. At least it means it's being looked at.
  14. Mojo_man

I never really understood why people thought LAs taking nearly 20 seconds to solo a Sundy was a big deal. I can do it in considerably less time with a HA. Admittedly it's a tad harder, but not THAT much harder. And this change feels like it will just make deploy shield flatly superior in pretty much every regard to blockade armor.
  15. Demigan

They think it's a big deal because they don't know how long it takes.
    "They" use a ton of stealth Sunderers and Sunderers without shield or blockade and have their Sunderers destroyed in seconds. Then they hear that even a shielded Sunderer can be solo'd, and they don't ever consider that it takes a looooooong time or that the defenders can easily roundhouse kick you in that time.
    • Up x 1
  16. Pelojian

all it takes is someone to sit in the sundie gunner seat of a shielded sunderer to end any solo attempt at destorying it. people whine about sundies being destoryed yet they do nothing when the sundie is being attacked, they spawn on said sundie then run off and later whine that less then a minute later the sundie is dead because they did nothing.

far too many random players are leechers rather then team players.

team play is not just squad/platoon, you can team play with no words by supporting allied assets and keeping them alive or providing covering fire etc.
    • Up x 1
  17. Forrest8Gump

Directive weapon adjustments: i want to see eclipse has suppressor as extra adjustment or permanent, let vanu use that weapon as he should be use.
  18. Rhello

Am I the only one seeing the elephant in the room concerning the Auraxium SMGs ? The Skorpios isn't what I'm going to talk about mostly, but some of the stuff also affects it.

I mean, less ADS accuracy (???), less recoil (vertical), and a FOUR METERS MAXIMUM damage range (for the tempest and shuriken) ? Also, longer reload times.

Instead of mixing HVA and SPA for a 50% increased recoil but increased velocity, minimum and maximum damage range, you had to :

- remove the ADS accuracy buff, and put a forward grip instead. It's a terrible trade.
    - remove the muzzle velocity buff from HVA, and put some downgraded HVA on some weapons which desperately need SPA to work beyond barrel stuffing range.
    - and last but not least, you had to turn the SMGs' reload times into garbage

As I said in my previous post, I'm ******* mindblown. You'll lose a 4 (Shuriken) and 3 (Tempest) headshots kill potential from a side of the room to another, ADS accuracy bonus and muzzle velocity buff for a forward grip, decent reloading times for a ******* forward grip ? You had one job, and it was to add some special combined ammo which gives more vertical recoil, and a forward grip.

One can now safely say that the Armistice/cyclone SMGs outshine the Auraxium variants despite their auraxium finish, that's a great pun at least.
  19. Endlave

To be fair, it is oftentimes also the fault of the sundy owner as he locks the vehicle thinking it would be better that way because people keep wasting ammo at ESFs passing by or something. Maybe that's a valid reason, but the thing is, they never UNLOCK the thing when the sundy has already been discovered. And that, ultimately, plays a lot into the hands of the sundy attackers.
    • Up x 1
  20. TrolKabu

I see this buff as an opportunity to have less downtime for support. A faster shield regeneration mostly helps during prolonged fights, if you consider that you can find a safe place for the recharge delay. Sure an ASC user will be able to make a very good use of a 4s recharge delay for offensive gameplay, or in low population fights, but it's still a tough choice with any other ability for this class. I'm not too worried about engies killing sprees with this change, but I'll be glad to see them stand their ground more easily and help MAXes further into enemy lines.