Sturmgrenadier is Recruiting

Discussion in 'Emerald (US East)' started by Lostlogic, Aug 6, 2012.

1. norhymes

Yo dawg, I herd you like certs. So we put some certs on your certs so you can cert while you cert.
  2. Qberticus

Wolfpacking with tanks performing flanking manuvers while air cavis overhead and knowing that your infantry is dropping to secure the point is an awesome feeling. :)
  3. CheaterEater

If you like flying, Sturmgrenadier is recruiting! Those of us in the air battlegroup are gearing up to make sure that we control the airspace over any objective.
  4. Magen

Thanks Cliff, yeah we're still rock'in and roll'in over as many enemies that come our way. We (SG) are looking forward to the added content coming out next week.

We run a combined arms outfit, and we do everything... we're not a one trick pony.

If anyone is looking for a mature gaming organization check us out at: www.sghq.com
  5. Magen

.....and Draacco makes some of the best vids out there... he literally rocks at them.

Of course our own Luna made a really snappy one too:

6. Aldman

Still one of my favorites :D
  7. Lacrosix

Again wow so many new faces!!!
  8. norhymes

New faces are good! More new faces!
  9. TheRagingGerbil

Had a great time with a bunch of new folks yesterday. Welcome to the fold boys.
  10. Morgals

Good night.
    Flew air with lots of good pilots in the outfit. A lib with proper air coverage is just deadly. Sitting unmolested above a row of tanks as reavers fly cover...wow just.

followed by rolling in an armor colum and setting up watching a bridge and bombarding the poor buggers atempting to cross it...
    Best part was " hey they have a row of 8 mags at x location"

hmm our colum was split with only 5 tanks still went for it and still won..

just in awe.
  11. norhymes

Just flying as Aesir's or Sid's belly gunners is worth the price of entry. Air squad is awesome. Combine that with fantastic armor/infantry and we're a behemoth of blue-map-pushers.
  12. Aldman

Yeah, Aesir's skills with the Dalton are pretty epic!
  13. norhymes

It's because he's Austrian, really. +1 to epic skills.
  14. jpmc

SG is the bringer of death, destroyer of continents! :cool:
  15. Lacrosix

No dont destroy my HOME!!!
  16. wedfelt

Hey! Can't seem to find what server/servers you guys are playing on. It all seems really impressive and all, but wouldn't be favorable if you'd be stationed outside EU :p I'm a very dedicated player and take my ping very, very... very seriously ;)
  17. Lacrosix

Hello players from Asia/Australia, understandable many of you will/may be playing on your own region servers at launch of PS2. Latency is always going to be issue, but seriously how bad can your latency be? With a decent ISP (Telstra or like me iinet) and PC setup most should not have an issue playing on US servers. Understandably when it gets intense your FPS may drop to 30 thats still playable! So the point I am getting at is be where the big game is going to be at, the big battles, big names, outfits etc..... will more than likely be on the US servers.

When I was seeking out my outfit these are the things I asked myself. What do I want to get out of playing Planetside? As veteran PS1 the obvious nostalgia! With that said why? How is that going to help anyone? Well I want new and old players to create new feelings of nostalgia with PS2 as this will be a whole new game with some elements of PS1!

I notice many new to Planetside are asking or wondering what these people are on about what is so great about this game? I can do this or that with my clan on this or that game, or whats the difference playing alone on this/that FPS bleh its nothing special just another FPS!

Again this is very understandable, no amount of words can make others feel this! This heart warming, gut wretching, heart racing, adrenaline pumping, intensity we get when playing Planetside. You just have to experience for yourself and play the game! But you must understand to get those feelings, the no.1 element/key to this game is for you to be in an outfit/clan/guild, this is extremely important and you will never turn back and really enjoy the game to its full potential.

Getting side track here, the questions I asked while looking for an outfit:
    1. Dedication
    2. Discipline
    3. Command Structure
    4. Communications
    5. The very important team work
    6. What kind of code or conduct do they have?
    7. Attitudes (serious/fun/laid back)
    8. Maturity
    9. Overall setup/layout/management do they have?
    10. Future goals/plans where we will be heading?

I didn't have to look for long since I am a veteran player, I already knew SG was out there and had played some with them as an alliance. They met all the requirement I was looking for. SG gets the job done and they do it right with no fanfare and its seriously epic! I even joined before beta was out how keen it that! haha!
    All the military/adhoc structure, proper chain of command, the best communication, rock solid code of conduct that's easy to follow, we have all kind of members in here, serious, laid back, jokers, women, etc and from around the world.

Sturmgrenadier is a combined arms outfit, that means we use everything available to our tactical advantage, everyone is an infantry but everyone also got a place they would like to concentrate it may it be the Air Cav, Armor or infantry. SG do not lock you in place and you can play what you like as long as orders are followed and the job gets done.

So have a serious think about it, if you are not in an outfit yet have a night in a squad with SG, meet the people, play the game, have tons of fun. You Aussies out there just waiting, pugging around, get a head start and be with the best!

PS: I am from Sydney, so we live in the future! (a day a head) the beta starts at 11pm here, I dont often have the chance to play with all the members on weekdays but when the weekend is here, the game is on start playing between 9am to 5pm very very intense fights and just about everyone is on.

We need more Australian or South East Asia members in SG!

Check out this old vid of SG in PS1 serious EPICness!

And watch this vid about all that nostalgia....brotherhood feel, I understand these people lol!

Very one enjoy this beta, give constructive feedback to the devs so we can create this epic game where millions will be playing!!!
  18. Aldman

We are on Himalia for the time being, along with most of the old Emerald outfits. I think you'll find that the largest battles take place on the US servers, and there is very little problem with ping. Our EU members don't seem to have any issues with it.
  19. norhymes

To echo Aldman above, some of the most successful players we have in SG are living in and playing from the EU.
  20. Aldman

Had another full squad's worth of recruits this last week. Fantastic!