[Suggestion] Buff NSX Amaterasu

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Halkesh, Nov 18, 2016.

1. Halkesh

Currently, this knife leave litterally 1 HP to the target after 3 bodyshot.
    IMO, amaterasu should deal 334 damage so it can effectively kill in 3 body shot instaid of 4.
  2. LaughingDead

It's a long range perfect accuracy tertiary sidearm, why should it have a damage model of a scout rifle?
    • Up x 1
  3. Pat22

What is the fire rate and damage dropoff of the knife versus a scout rifle?
  4. SlugSniper

I imagine that a lot of Infiltrators are going to use the Amaterasu as a replacement for their pistol, allowing them to pair the Crossbow with a longer-ranged primary. In that respect, I'd say yes to a small buff.
  5. ExarRazor

should 'buff' it by giving it a real name, instead of weaboo crap
  6. SlugSniper

• Up x 2
  7. JKomm

He's talking about the actual blade itself, not the wave emitter. It does 333 melee damage, resulting in 4 hits to kill a normal target in melee... compared to 2 hits from any other knife.
  8. Sharkasaur

no self-respecting stalker will use the Amaterasu, especially not with a crossbow. The 333 damage per hit means you lose the bolt + quick-knife instagib combo, which is pretty much half the reason for a stalker to use a crossbow to begin with.

Right now it takes 2 hits + 2 waves, or 6 waves to kill a non-HA. As a ranged weapon the TTK is too long, because at the range you'd be using it you'll just get mowed down by any rifle or pistol. As a melee weapon it is objectively inferior to all other options.

The Amaterasu is really garbage right now.
  9. SlugSniper

I was actually thinking of the Crossbow's explosive bolts. And yeah, buff it. Buff it real good.
  10. LaughingDead

Still, it's a weapon you can put on any class and acts like a backup backup pistol, sidearms aren't only graded in damage but utility.

Now that makes a lot more sense
    shame on you for not specifying melee verses projectile >:U
  11. Halkesh

Oops. :D
    I was indeed speaking about the melee, for a +1 damage buff.

As far as I know, the projectile deal 167 dmg and 250 on a headshot at close range so I think it's fine for a weapon with unlimited ammo.
  12. Demigan

You get a lot of range for a wonderful finisher weapon. Dear God stop thinking about Stalkers, imagine the usefulness of this weapon in a normal firefight. You run out of ammo and instead of switching to your side-arm you can finish the fight with a Quick knife-swipe that takes 33% of an enemy health bar.

Even as a Stalker weapon, you have a ranged silenced BACK UP weapon with infinite ammo, you can swipe 4 times with that.
  13. LaughingDead

How often do you run out of ammo?
  14. DIGGSAN0

The swipe does not 33%dmg.

It does 150 damage per shot
  15. Ziggurat8

So it's basically like 1 bullet per quick knife? Yeah, sounds pretty crappy. What is the range and velocity? Could be a decent HS commissioner, swipe combo.
  16. DIGGSAN0

It does take to much time to equip, also the shot is too slow....

A single shot of the beamer is better...
  17. LaughingDead

Sidenote:
    Great tool for stalker infils in player bases, it's relatively quiet compared to explosive darts and unlimited ammo.
  18. Halkesh

As I've said earlier, I create some problem because I didn't specifically say if I was speaking about the stab, the projectile or both.

Currently this knife deal 333 stab damage (4 hit to kill) and 150 damage from projectile (7 hit to kill).
    My suggestion is to buff the stab damage to 334 (3 hit to kill) and still 150 damage from projectile
    • Up x 1
  19. Liewec123

if it really does leave them with 1hp then you might actually be able to use it to do the unthinkable, aurax concussion nades!
    • Up x 1
  20. DIGGSAN0

On pts it was far better!

Quik knife nedded 4 hits (no knife shot combo)
    Equipped knife need 2 hits (like standart)
    Knife shot needed 6 body hits to kill or 4 headshots...

It was good so (even some wanted 4 shot kill)

And before release they just nerf it without saying anything....