Any OP weapons for TR like NC and VS have.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by LocuraTotal, Oct 10, 2016.

1. NXR1

Biased posts like this really cause me physical pain, none of these (except maybe prowler) are best in their class, and the TRAP isnt even TR's best sniper rifle.

Claymore only performs well because they force you to place them right or not at all, the others you can thrown on the ground in random areas and hope they work, claymores only are effectives in corners or on stairs.

"G30 vulcan best ES AA secondary weapon" ever heard of the aphellion or gatekeeper, even canister can dominate against air and enforcer just melts liberators.
  2. NXR1

NC max cannot be countered with the addition of gorgons, and yes I know everybody has them but not everybody has shotguns, gorgons are the best against infantry and MAX's at all range except point blank, where shotguns dominate, notice the problem here.

And also I started planetside 2 as NC and I have to say their recoil is only a fraction of what it used to be, honestly vanu guns are harder to control than NC's now...
  3. SoljVS

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  4. LaughingDead

Except that those are stats directly pulled from dasanfall which tracks all users and weapons to each faction. Also just to clear up, trap has better kpu than the other ES snipers, railjack and phaseshift. Prowler really does perform over the other two counterparts. Etc etc. just pointing out that isn't bias, it's stats.
  5. Elahhez

Grass is always greener at the other side of the fence...
  6. LaughingDead

If you want to counter shotgun maxes, you use
    A. Archer at range
    B. Rocket launcher at range
    C. CQ AV max
    D. Well placed team and tactics
    E. All of the above

Also NC literally has the highest recoil per shot, granted some weapons are higher recoil than a few weapons in the NCs arsenal but generally the case is that NC has more recoil on average.
    VS? VS's faction trait is the lack of recoil. Ever try the pulsar C? Long range carbine with the recoil of a kitten yawn?
    • Up x 1
  7. NXR1

Im not denying the authenticity of the stats but hes saying those are the "best in their class" weapons, which maybe marauder and prowler are but KPH in no way means a weapon is best in its class, in fact usually it just means its the most used of its class (and this has held true through all of planetside 2 history with a few exceptions).

Also yeah trap is a cool guns but even though it was released with those 2 snipers trying to compare them is just kind of ridiculous, one is a burst rifle and the other are bolt action snipers.
  8. NXR1

VS faction trait IS NOT a lack of recoil, its a lack of bullet drop and small CoF's. Recoil in all games is a joke, and this game is no exception, on NC you pull the mouse down and now you're firing perfectly accurate shots, on Vanu they have some really weird recoil patterns that actually take time to learn to fire accuractly, on TR we have very little recoil but ridiculous CoF's which basically means hold down the trigger and pray to RNGesus. while you could argue TR is less skill based they also are kind of out of your control if you want to use that RoF at any sort of range, and if you tap fire guess who wins...the guy with the 200 damage gun.
  9. ColonelChingles

You probably don't have a clear understanding of what KPH means.

KPH is automatically adjusted for hours of usage. Say you have 10 people using a weapon for 1 hour each. During that 1 hour those 10 people get a total of 5 kills. This leads to a KPH of 0.5 (total kills/total hours of use).

KPH is actually negatively affected with greater usage, because it means you have more people running around not killing things (mostly due to lack of opportunity). Sidearms, for example, are notorious for having very high KPHs because they are only pulled out and used when needed.

Likewise, the KPH/VKPH for highly popular TR items, like the Vulcan-H or Gatekeeper, are probably lower than their actual effectiveness because they are so darn easy and widely used.

The point is that many of these weapons fulfil a certain role better than their NC/VS counterparts, which makes them "best in class" among the faction-specific items.
  10. Ragnarox

TR has the best weapons in this game, try playing your so called OP factions like NC and VS and you will be crawling back to TR soon.
  11. Ziggurat8

I had to laugh. Highest KPH but they're completely ineffective...

The real answer to everyone else is stop supporting the propaganda machine. Every single time you guys prop up the TR as having the best "whatever" you're supporting their cause. Defectors and new players will continue to flock to them.

The truth is every faction has their strengths that good players will use to dominate with. The problem is almost never with the weapon itself but with the user.

Except for VS. We have the best of everything except color and music. You are dooming yourself to mediocrity by playing anything else. Join Vanu today!
  12. Moz

Totally agreed.

I love the TRAP. Suits the way i play lovely! :)