[Suggestion] Make pilots (and drivers) unable to bail when vehicles are on the red

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by cbplayer, Sep 25, 2016.

1. Jawarisin

Screw you:eek: , why would you stop me from repairing mid air.

Not only that, but surviving in the red probably happens more often in the air than as a tank.
  2. FateJH

Unless I read the thread incorrectly, nothing would stop you from hitting Fire Suppression. (Or utilizing that Engineer affinity where you repair just by being the pilot.)
  3. Jawarisin

I didn't say fire suppression, I said repair mid air. There's multiple ways to do it, but just as an exemple:

There's different ways to do it, including when you're on fire, and you can save your *** that way.
  4. LaughingDead

Now that seems like a fair suggestion.
  5. CNR4806

It would just make the bailers bail earlier. Nothing would be changed except for adding frustration with people who really need to bail for one reason or another, attempting repair being one of them.
    • Up x 1
  6. KirthGersen

I'm sure that I find you an extremely pathetic newb who think that other should play this game according to some sh**ty knight code.
    Not sure about yours but MY "bad player's code" makes me to ram-n-bail ESFs and Libs with Scythe, use Viper/HE alot, kill every sundy I see even in 1-12 battles and intensively farm enemy MBTs with C4 it they don't have a techplant and I know that tanks were brought from warpgate (it's just stupid to C4 a tank if it doesnt hurt really) :D
  7. Ziggurat8

Vehicle kills do count towards directives. If you kill the vehicle and the guy after he bails it counts twice!
  8. Newlife1025

Can you do that in a reaver?
  9. Jawarisin

Yes, every ESF, and there's more than one way to do it.
  10. King_Shano

Well holy crap. That's impressive, and why I stay out of the skys. I think if I say someone do that I'd just land and let them kill me, let's not waste each others time I'm toast >.>
  11. cbplayer

I guess an important thing to add is that you CANT bail WHILE you are getting shot at rather just when you are in the red. That seems more fair while so does what I want.
  12. FieldMarshall

I like that idea. Its basically what Planetside 1 did to prevent bailers/cheese.
    Or rather, you had a chance of not being able to bail when your aircraft got too low. You could still enter/exit the vehicle, just not bail.
    • Up x 1
  13. cbplayer

That what I had on mind
    • Up x 1
  14. MajiinBuu

It would keep me from accidentally ejecting when trying to use fire suppression :oops:
  15. ColonelChingles

[IMG]

Pictured, undead tankers who got toasted inside their burning tank, were revived, and then managed to climb out to put out the fire.
    :p

Really it should be that if infantry HP goes to under 50%, they can't use anything except a pistol. This simulates the arm injuries sustained that make 2-handed weapons impossible to use.

Oh, and also they should become immobilised from leg injuries.
    • Up x 1
  16. Benton582

10/10 NICE LANDING!
  17. Benton582

But....That would be so boring.
  18. LaughingDead

So would not being able to get out of your tank to rep it and waiting 15 seconds to die a really stupid death.
    • Up x 2
  19. Crayv

I would deliberately take vehicles just down to burning and run off knowing the person in it can't do anything but slowly watch his health go down.
  20. Jawarisin

depends on your goals I guess