[Suggestion] Make pilots (and drivers) unable to bail when vehicles are on the red

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by cbplayer, Sep 25, 2016.

1. cbplayer

I am sure many people find it incredibly dissatisfying when they even set the vehicle on fire but they never get the kill because the person bail out before they exploded. If you have been beaten to the point were your vehicle has been destroy that means you have lost. I know this games tries to appeal to mainstream gamers but this just ***** over the person who is better than you.

In short, make it so pilots and drivers can not bail out of a burning vehicle. This would also make fire suppressor more useful and having teammates who can repair you.
    • Up x 1
  2. Nie_Tutaj

What about when you win the fight and need to land and repair quickly? Maybe temporarily disable exiting the vehicle until you're out of combat for a few seconds?
    • Up x 3
  3. cbplayer

That why you have teammates
  4. King_Shano

I can just picture a full sundy driving over and surviving 2 tanks mines and all the people inside screaming as they all burn to death.

In theory this is a good idea but I lost count of how many times I've won tank battles or escaped and repaired my tank by the skin of my teeth.
    Maybe air only? There is very few or next to none amount of times I've lived by the skin of my teeth is those deathtraps :p
    • Up x 2
  5. King_Shano

You don't always have teammate when your setting up a flank.
    Besides in ground combat, what is it another two seconds to shoot the lone engi thats running away.
    • Up x 3
  6. cbplayer

To be fair in real life if your tank catches on fire you are toast, literally.
  7. Nie_Tutaj

Order random players out of the sky to repair their vehicle? Hell no.
    • Up x 3
  8. Sinful Raevyn

lol... no.

And has been suggested before. A few times. And guess where that suggestion went? ^.~
    • Up x 5
  9. thingymajigy

Nothing wrong with killing them after they bail.

On a side note, I really like that the devs re-implemented the classic feature where crashing your plane gives attackers assists instead of kills.
  10. King_Shano

Good advice. Also applies to houses, cars, ect.
  11. FateJH

There is something of a bug right now where explosion deaths are not always attributing themselves as proper kills. (The C-4 users picked-up on this quickly, of course.) It may also dip into a "crashes attributed as kill" behavior.
  12. SNEAKYSNIPES1

I'd like this for aircraft targeted by anything other than lock ons. However I would not like this for land vehicles, especially tanks as I remember while tanking I would purposefully run my tank close or into the red many times going for clutch kills, and it was really fun popping out and repping in the middle of combat. To take away that thrill and recovery after a quality kill would be depressing.
  13. LaughingDead

So I can never reliably get out of a burning vehicle and repair it?
    So whenever I hit 15% of my HP, even if I barely killedthe guy, I'm dead anyhow.

Welp screw that frustration. I'll just not play vehicles.

Know what? How bout if infantry are on 150 HP, they can't move or use items, SEEMS FAIR RIGHT? I mean I did so much damage, it's completely unsatisfying to not get the kill, the least it could do is permanently wound him until a medic or enemy shows up.
    • Up x 2
  14. FateJH

15. Diggsano

I think it would do if you have like 3seconds to Bail...like it needs 3seconds to leave out of the Vehicle.

So if you are on fire you have to think forward and react fast.
  16. Ziggurat8

This idea crops up at least once a month. The game is what, 4yrs old at this point?

They aren't changing the way bail works. Just accept it.
    • Up x 1
  17. Cyropaedia

Sometimes I have to throw away my Scythe into a Skyguard or Walker/Ranger Sunderer into order to bail and C4 it to clear the sky.
  18. Demigan

How is a teammate going to repair you? You land in front of them even though as an aircraft you can be anywhere but near allies?

Now what you need is something different. "bailing" isn't too big a problem for ground vehicle users, especially since it just keeps everything more combat-oriented and players won't be sitting in a tank, stuck because they are burning slowly to their deaths without anyone nearby to repair them.

What you need is a restriction on redeploy. Let's say that using your jumpjets will reset the redeploy. LA on the ground have more than enough time and space to find somewhere safe to redeploy without needing their jumpjets for 10 seconds. Someone jumping from an aircraft though? You are down on the ground within 10 seconds.

This means aircraft players would have extra time to kill the target. Not only when the target is in the air, but at least 10 seconds while he's on the ground. Any pilot worth his salt can kill off a lonely LA on the ground with a nosegun, especially when that LA is forced to stay on the ground for 10 seconds.
    • Up x 1
  19. PlanetBound

You described a rigid view on how to play the game. You blame the game programming for thwarting your superior skill and to you, the enemy pilot is cheating you of your kill. Prove you are better. Bail out and hunt down the enemy pilot.
  20. FateJH

Then it wouldn't actually count as a kill towards the specific weapon in terms of the game's reward system and that's essentially the "stamp" on the side of the cockpit in this game's terms.

(Speaking on my own words now, there's this moderately aggravating issue in the game where some people refuse to get into vehicles ever and some people refuse to get out of vehicles ever.)