Air is the only thing that doesn't fear its counter.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scr1nRusher, Mar 22, 2016.

1. Runegrace

The bias intensifies.
  2. MonnyMoony

AA definitely needs a buff at close range.

I was running my AA max yesterday - twin bursters, fully certed flak armour.

Got the jump on a mosquito and unloaded both barrels at fairly close range. He turned around, closed in and faced off against me at point blank range - lolpodding me whilst I finished unloading the full clip from each burster into his face.

He flew off out of view for a couple of seconds whilst he and I reloaded - then returned an lolpodded me again at point blank range - while I unloaded another two clips into his face.

I ended up dead and his mossie wasn't even on fire.

The mossie is faster, has more HP, more freedom of movement and is cheaper - but can still beat a dedicated anti aircraft max at point blank range....how can that be right?

Over buffing AA would be a bad thing - but aircraft should not be able to take the piss at point blank range like that.
    • Up x 1
  3. Scr1nRusher

That is the most obvious showing that a counter isn't working.
  4. Badname707

I kinda struggle to believe this is a true story. I'm not sure I've ever personally engaged an ESF first, had it rush me, then had it escape, let alone return without repairing.
    • Up x 1
  5. SoljVS

Considering the OP am not surprised at this thread.
  6. Scr1nRusher

Your someone who goes as far as teamkilling players if his HONORUBU playstyle is upset by what ever honor code is used to create a superiority complex.
  7. SoljVS

and thats my choice. o well. i just get tired of seeing nerf air threads from ppl who just don't have the talent to muster it. otherwise they'd be up there enjoying the so called "OPness" themselves. All u guys are good at is rounding a corner and hipfiring ok we get it. stick to what youre good at, don't try to dumb everything else down to your skill set.
  8. Badname707

I've turned my guns on teammates who've interrupted my duels. I've arranged with my opponents to do the same when their friendlies come by. Typically we're not looking to kill the friendly, just trying to make him disengage. When they do, I usually try to send them a tell thanking them for leaving us alone. When they don't, well, sometimes I kill them.

I don't overly mind that other people are cutting into a duel, but when it's an aircraft and not AA, we can't just reposition to a quieter space to have a proper fight. Usually friendly pilots are understanding. I know I've taken fire from a friendly aircraft dueling another and let it go.

The flight mechanics are very enjoyable for many of us. Sometimes we find an opponent that we want to fight 1v1. Is it really so bad that we're trying to have a fair fight without interference?
  9. Scr1nRusher

Its a sign of mental sickness.

How is 1v1 duals HELPING ground forces against A2G aircraft?

Also air is not "special" & this game isn't a lobby game, no one gets a private room.

Your whole post perfectly describes why people hate skynights.

YOU ARE ******* USELESS.
  10. SoljVS

How are we useless when we are the very ones hunting down the LOLPODDERS and libs that you hate so very much that you just can't seem to down with your AA? Ya if we find another fellow pilot with a high skill level we like to go off somewhere and do a few duels to CHALLENGE ourselves. CHALLENGE being the key word there, something ground people aren't accustomed to because they want everything hand fed to them. But after a few duels we go back to hunting.

Can't tell you how many LOLPODDERS/LIBS i've removed from an area or intercepted before they could even get there to start wreaking havoc on crybaby ground troops. Mostly thankless work thanks to people who have complete bias towards anything air and can't think outside the 100m 2D grid they are fighting in.

Think of it as a food chain where the skyknight is at the top. Ground is at the bottom and lolpodders libs are in the middle. Without the skyknights flying around hunting for their aforementioned prey you'd have ALOT more of them to deal with than you already do.

Therefore skyknights are your friend embrace us.
    • Up x 1
  11. Scr1nRusher

You guys never do that & haven't did that enough.

Because our "AA" is "AD".

Thats not making the regular fliers improve on there skills.

If ESF's were doing that more rather then A2Ging, then maybe peoples viewpoints & A2G balancing would have been different.

Right..................

Friend of whom?

Skynights don't even like A2A ESF's.
  12. Badname707

A fraction of my time is spent dueling. The vast majority of the time, I'm simply trying to kill as many of my opponents as possible, or to provoke a response that pulls ground forces away from that fight. When I fight a good opponent, however, I sometimes like to fight them on equal ground. This requires us to practically remove ourselves from the rest of the game, as everything is out to kill you. That's fine, but that doesn't mean I'm going to let someone else, no less my teammate, ruin my fun. If I'm dueling another 'skyknight', chances are I'm effectively removing an equally or more skilled pilot from the air, generally for longer than a typical aerial engagement might.

Why do you hate fun, Scrin?
  13. Badname707

Yes, we do. That's what we mostly do.

From a pilot's perspective, AA is fine. It effectively shuts us out altogether from engagements where it is present, unless there is more air than AA.

Neither is wiping them out in one pass, because they have no idea how to evade fire. I've pulled bad pilots aside to show them some tricks, even pilots in the enemy faction. That requires, in essence, that dueling you hate so much.

If nobody was using A2G, everyone who doesn't fly would not give one single **** about ESF's.

Skyknights can take on an equal or greater number of aircraft in the average engagement. They know their limits and when to run and can use their mobility to never overextend in a fight that can't be won. With exception to the most skilled lib crews and well crewed galaxies, they are the top of the air food chain.

A2A is considered cheesy because it significantly dumbs down the air game. It's not good for noobs, as it makes them rely on a crutch and it also puts them at the mercy of that crutch. 'Skyknights' who get killed with one will often switch to one in revenge, to prove a point, but then neither side is having fun. Personally, I'm not against A2A missiles. They have a purpose, team utility, and fair drawbacks. They're just not particularly fun to use or to have used against you.
  14. Scr1nRusher

The undertones are clear dude.
  15. Badname707

Clarify them, please.
  16. Reclaimer77

Wow you too?

I guess you have to be some kind of ******* to be a pilot in this game. I mean seriously, you and Sol are griefing circle-jerking tryhards while others are playing a war game.
  17. SuperTrooperWaterloo

Planetside 2 MMOFPS and 1v1 ESF-duels

...now i remember the advertisements when the game came out. The game within the game.

The airgame is broken and ever was. Its a separate universe within the game. The only effective counter is a mirror, take an ESF yourself, and if you cant fly or dont have enough friends up the air youre screwed.
    Manual AA (Skyguard,MAX,Walker...) have a less effective range than the AA lock on range and the hardcounter, which AA lock ons are, only have a lock on range of 300 to 400m, above 401m is ESF´s save space. The lockon needs ~3seconds, can be broken by LOS and extended range. Once the rocket is on its way the rocket path has to be clear to avoid collision. If a collision wasnt the case then the pilot still has the options to outrun the rocket or simply dodge it. Additionally you can equip your ESF with counter measures for its hardcounter in the first place: flares or stealth. Counting the natural ESF enemys or enemy damage sources then there is not much left to do the job.
    • Up x 2
  18. Reclaimer77

Can you imaging this game if it became acceptable to TK someone who interupts your infantry "duels"??? LOL the game would come apart.

These guys are just sad.
    • Up x 1
  19. Badname707

I assure you it is not, though it is the least well represented because it has the fewest participants. It is as much a part of the game as any other aspect is. However, it plays differently from the rest of the game. Because piloting is 'elite' (in that so few choose to become good at it), it breeds a different kind of mentality than other aspects of the game.

What? Flak has more range than a lock on, far moreso. However, a lock on is about as effective as flak at its effective range (not bad for an infantry weapon), though more or less so depending on the conditions imposed by terrain. Again, 3 HA's with lock ons can instagib an ESF. Pilots need to have some kind of means of escape.

As for ESF being the best counter to ESF, this is inherent to being the highest mobility vehicle. A vehicle that can choose its engagement range will always have an advantage against a less mobile vehicle, unless it has the option of an accurate OHK attack. Except where a OHK attack already exists (AP rounds in the hands of skilled gunners, or against lazy pilots), it would be pretty poor gameplay for all pilots to have to deal with unavoidable OHK, or even any loadout where there is no chance of retaliation/escape; you would die literally every time you see it.

Let's say a platoon wants to practice a specific tactic. They have two squads play another faction, and all of them meet up at some quiet corner of the map, out of the way of the rest of the game. Actual gameplay is not conducive to many forms of practice; because this isn't a lobby game, you can't necessarily control conditions in a way that encourages advancement of skill or knowledge. Because you can't actually form a private lobby, if some blue comes by and starts ******* with my training, I will tell him to leave, or shoot him if he won't.

Is this such a bad thing?
  20. Scr1nRusher

What kills you more?

Aircraft or AA?