Air is the only thing that doesn't fear its counter.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scr1nRusher, Mar 22, 2016.

1. Badname707

A full half of my kills in air are vehicle kills. Most of those kills are earned with the noseguns. I favor hunting other pilots more than anything, as they tend to be more of a challenge. I also tend to live longer with a A2A boosters than I do with an A2G secondary. I have 60+ days in game, less than 10 days spent in my ESF.

I also have a higher SPM, K/D, and accuracy than you do with my infantry only stats. What's your problem, exactly?
  2. Cyropaedia

Actually his KDR is 1.66. Your KDR is 1.19. That's the facts.
  3. Reclaimer77

Okay why not use lock-on weapons for that? I mean, we're being told how awesome hand held AV is. Why use an ESF?

I just kind of find it convenient you guys are arguing for the status quo, and you just so happen to spend a LOT of time in the air.
  4. Cyropaedia

And you don't even register for Aircraft....but also almost ZERO (yes, ZERO) AA experience.
  5. Badname707

Furthermore, I have 3,000 more kills as a combat medic with 40 hours more play time. I have 2,000 less kills on my heavy assault with 60 hours less play time. I have almost twice as many kills with my light assault with 50 more hours of game time.

But air is OP, and my KPD with it is absurd.
    • Up x 1
  6. Badname707

Because it is more fun to win in a hover duel with an ESF? I also have the potential to chase down enemy ESF's, or finish off air that's fleeing from AA. I don't pull it because I expect it to be a better deterrent against aircraft than a burster is. I can take on multiple aircraft easily with a burster. With an aircraft, unless the enemy pilots are ****, I just run to friendly AA cover.

I just find it odd you are arguing so strongly against it, and have so little experience using air or AA. I find it odd that you are so focused on my air stats, when I perform better as infantry, or in tanks. I've put a lot of time getting good at air, and I really barely scrape by compared to other play styles. Air is just the highest risk, highest reward vehicle. While this is situationally powerful, I am statistically better off pulling a tank or playing as infantry.
  7. Reclaimer77

You keep repeating this, while ignoring my explanation.

I don't have to defend anything to you. I made my TR character to try their INFANTRY WEAPONS. Not aircraft, not AA.

Are you like on mental drugs or something? Notice how most of my vehicle certs (basically all) is tied up in the Sunderer? HMMMMM I wonder why?!?

Also look at how long ago I logged into that toon before the 19th. Yeah you dunce, I barely even play that toon. But you cling to it because aside from personal attacks, you have NOTHING.
  8. Reclaimer77

Experience is subjective

Stats are OBJECTIVE.

You get that right? I mean you seem like you at least have some brains, unlike Captain Autism here.
  9. Badname707

Well, you've thus far refused to link to your main. I have to assume that this is the only character you have. Besides, your stats indicate that you have objectively no experience, or less experience than I do.

Also, read the edit.
  10. Cyropaedia

Hmm...you are so adamant not to reveal your Main. It almost feels like you're the guy that HACKS just barely enough not to get caught.

(Yes, hate to make a hackusation but it's very strange to keep your Main anonymous when everyone has been fairly transparent here).
  11. Reclaimer77

What are you hoping to find? I've already flat out said I don't use an ESF aside from a personal C-4 fairy transport. I proudly admit to having less flying experience than you guys.

Does that mean AA is balanced? Umm NO.
  12. Reclaimer77

Wait, what? Now I'm a hacker??

[IMG]
  13. Cyropaedia

Reclaimer77's Main is probably a subtle Hacker (likely Aim Bot). That's a fairly logical reason why he won't reveal it (if it does exist at all).
  14. Badname707

It means that, as you lack experience as a pilot (and as an AA user), you really only see aircraft from the 'raining death down on you' end. It means that you have clear bias. My piloting time is less than 1/6 my overall time. It's my favorite part of the game, but it nets me less score than other vehicles and classes.

I also want to see how much better I am than you with infantry/vehicles, so I can feed my ego that much more. I've seen a correlation that stupid people are bad at videogames, I want to test that hypothesis.
    • Up x 2
  15. Reclaimer77

I see no reason to "reveal" anything. You are just going to have to defeat my arguments, not try and make personal attacks to defeat the person.
  16. MarkAntony

Lol never played a max have you? They can just suicide run at their counter and then get revived.

Air is at least deterred by AA.
  17. Badname707

You don't have an argument. Your argument is that AA doesn't get enough kills. My argument is that air is too expensive to run for AA to get kills with every engagement. I have lots of experience to back that up. My SPM definitely drops when using AA, but that's because I literally only have one target (a target that frequently cannot enter the AO) that I can fire on, not because AA can't effectively engage that target.

If AA needs a buff, it needs either more variety in weapon types, more versatility against other targets, or XP rewards have to be increased. Otherwise, it's in a good place.
  18. Reclaimer77

And this is where I stopped reading your post. If you want to be a little troll, go ahead. But to say the other side doesn't have an argument, is straight up saying you refuse to have a discussion.

Also you guys know ESF's aren't the only air in this game, right? I get that to you, at times, AA can feel effective. But what about Liberators and Galaxies??
  19. Cyropaedia

Speaking for the situation: I had fairly good arguments until you called me a liar (apparently you were blind for a moment and I had to highlight the text). Liar is no ad hominem! Full r.e.t.a.r.d. meme is no ad hominem!

Get off your wooden high horse already!
  20. Badname707

**** man, your argument has been shot down so many times. Your only fallback is your lack of experience. You do not have an argument.

Liberators can be good, but they lose out on a lot of their escape power. While they can withstand more sources of AA, or fewer sources for longer, taking too much damage is pretty much a death sentence if enemy air has a clear path to you. An ESF can ALWAYS outrun a liberator. Once you've taken damage in the air, you either repair or you retaliate, not both. In a lib vs an ESF or a faster lib, you do not have the option of running away, unless you have friendly air/AA cover you can rely on

Galaxies are the dark horse of the air game. A good galaxy crew can become a huge pain in the *** for massed infantry or enemy aircraft. Their huge amounts of health make them a good damage sponge and they can put out a good amount of damage over time in vulnerable locations, if they aren't too strongly countered. They're also slow, meaning they take a long time to repair and re-engage at best, making them impossible to escape enemy fire at worst. They're also uniquely vulnerable to tank shells, rockets, and other forms of AV.

What are you getting on at?
    • Up x 1