Welcome to InfiltratorSide2

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by kadrin, Feb 27, 2016.

1. BaronX13

Best way to explain infiltrators are that they are extremely annoying, usually both for the user AND the recipient. That being said, they aren't OP in ANY sense of the word, just annoying.

PS. To that infi who always pegs me at like the WORST times, I hate you.
    • Up x 1
  2. Plastikfrosch

Thats the problem: i main infil but when i switch to my LA or whatsoever i always miss the friendly spotters and darts even while there are a lot of friendly infils. So many people dont understand that the infiltrator is also a very important support class since information about the enemys position will safe your life.

lool, yeah, its always funny to hear a hostile cloaking sound just to get the kill message 1 second later.
    • Up x 1
  3. Devilllike

I do not understandd why you guys cry so much about infiltrators,just cause you play a class it doesnt make you good at it

How to counter? here are some advices by a Sniper hunter

Emp shield for the emp bombs
    Do not stop moving
    Have some damn awareness
    Sneak up on them
    Crouching hides you from the motion spotters

Most infiltrators cant really play the class
  4. SnatchMaster

I hate infiltrator smgs little thugs until I tried to play one for a day. It's not the easiest thing in the world to do. Its aking to playing a spy in tf2, and unless you're using a massive fight as cover to slip in and out of enemy lines to consistently pick off support players, you're usually dead.

My only real problem with infiltrators is that they can throw one emp nade at a wall and everyone in there is pretty much a free kill. Your vision gets screwed, abilities are killed, your shields are out, and deployables are down. I understand that irl, this is what an emp would do, but in the scope of the game with so many infiltrators around (really does seem like there's a lot more of them for some reason), I think the grenade is a little too much bang for its buck. Most of the time, all they have to do is get close enough to the building, chuck the thing at the wall, and then heavy assaults just flood it and collect free certs. I like the idea of the emp nade, but I think they should tone it down just a hair. Should be able to affect people that well through walls, and you shouldn't have everything 100% dead (shields, abilites etc) even when you're barely in the blast range. I suppose the only alternative is running emp shield on every loadout; that seems kind of a waste to pack all of your implant slot on one specific situation, but with the amount of times I get emp in a single fight even these days, it may be my only option.

But I don't think there's anything wrong with the number of infils we have. Everyone wants to be a ninja every now and then, no?
  5. Plastikfrosch

as an infil main even i have to say its hilarious how strong the emps became after the last buff they got, especially with all the kill i get from all the explosives placed by very smart enemys between their own people.
    easy solution: the nanite cost could be raised to 75nanites instead of 25 and they could mark and inactivate hostile mines/explosives (like they do with hostile turrets) so that friendly engys can defuse them.

i do that with all my LA loadouts because i hate it to fall down everytime i get hit by an emp
  6. Hellhound_Rocko

i came to PS2 on PS4 because of seeing all the YouTube Vids of great Mass-Battles like 100 Guys + Vehicles standing on one Side of a Bridge and 100 Guys + Vehicles standing on the other Side of that Bridge, doing Battle = awesome! so i totally wanted to be in this - and not nescessarily restricted to stay in a Vehicle in such an awesome Situation of course.

i was pretty disapointed to see that in Reality those Battles are far different though - because of Infiltrators left and right popping One's Head from a Distance, while Infiltrators left and right backstabbing One from up close behind Enemy Lines as long One does'nt stay in a Vehicle or becomes a MAX!

so, while i don't really think of Infiltrators as being too OP and using maxed-out Loadouts of them myself every once in a while, i think they are extraordinarily annoying in a bad way and are hurting the PS2 Experience much more than they aid it.

or in short: Infiltrarorside hurts Awesomeside IMO.
  7. stalkish

Bolt driver was a 2 shot kill on any infantry target bar a max.

But i agree on the OHK sentiment, i much prefered the 2 shot kill system.
    I suppose its limited by having to hit the head, but thats not hard at all really, harder than body tho granted.
  8. stalkish

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps...acking-potentially-a-go-in-the-future.238043/
    Video linked in the thread:
  9. Who Garou

I don't care how people try to defend this.

It is balance and dynamic breaking to allow Infiltrators to take control of something that other people spent nanites on and use it for themselves or, worse yet, give to their allies.

The Infiltrator is a strictly Anti-infantry class. They are Snipers and counter-intelligence.

Next you will want infiltrators be able to walk up to appoint at an enemy base and drain nanties from the surrounding enemy troops!

Stop the insanity.

Go back to what Infiltrators are already good at or change to an AV class!
  10. Who Garou

Sniper pistols and now auto-pistols for Infiltrators?

Why are the DEVs trying to make Infiltrators more powerful then they currently are on an on-going basis?

Vehicle hacking is a very bad idea.

DEVs! why not give the other classes something more powerful?

DEVs! is this like giving the other factions new top weapons to counter act the Vulcan? (and then giving the TR the Gate Keeper! <---- uh, what were the other factions given to counter act the Gate Keeper?)

Oh, poor Infiltrators can't use their primary weapon while using stalking cloak ... give them a sniper pistol! (all the other classes can use it so how can that lack balance, right?)

Oh, poor Infiltrators can't use their primary weapon slot while in stalker cloak and the sniper pistol for them went over really well...let's give them a automatic weapon for their secondary as well (all the other classes can use it, so how can that lack balance, right?)

It's silly.

Balance the game and balance the classes.

Infiltrators are already powerful.
    Infiltrators are ANTI-INFANTRY; they are not anti-vehicle.
    Infiltrators should not be given ANTI-VEHICULAR capability.

People that want to go ANTI-VEHICULAR can do so by changing classes.
  11. Carl1879

If an infil manages to regularly hack vehicles they deserve it IMO, I assume this will only be possible on unoccupied vehicles so the only chance the infil has is finding an abandoned vehicle (probably out of ammo or damaged) or catching one being repaired and kill the crew then hack it, and since most vehicles will retreat to repair the infil will have to follow it back to where it goes to repair. Since vehicles can outrun an infiltraitor they will most likely need to use a cloaked flash to keep up.

Right now fast forward to the infil catching say a 2/2 prowler repairing and all goes perfectly to plan both crew jump out to repair, with two repairing his window of opportunity if small and if the crew have any brains they keep moving and don't get too close to one another to avoid both dying at the same time. So the infil drops one of the players repairing the other jumps in and can now either use the top turret or the whole vehicle against the infil or just drive off leaving the infil stranded. Again the infil finds a 2/2 MBT this time however only one gets out and the other stays in the tank to guard against said infil, infil is now useless and horribly out of position. Ideal situation infil finds a 1/2 MBT repairing sneaks up on the guy kills him "woo free tank" which is more than likely still damaged and not on full ammo, drives free tank back to base for repairs and rearm gets shot at by every friendly around as they see an enemy MBT approaching.

The only way a vehicle that isn't manned by one person getting hacked would be down to 2 things, 1 Luck in finding the prefect set up and 2 teamwork all the crew would need to be dropped at once to avoid one guy jumping in a ruining the attempt.
  12. Verceterix

Personally I think the infiltrator one hit kills from any range need to go. Also, if HA shields cover the head, nano weave armor needs to cover the head. If it's good for the goose, as they say.
  13. customer548

I think you may have misinterpreted the concept of vehicule hacking. As far as i understand it (perhaps did i miss something), an Infi will not be able to kick you out of your vehicules as long as you're in it. An infi will be able to hack your vehicule only if you get out of it. And i'm sure that the hacking procedure will last long enough in order to avoid any frustration for the vehicule pilot.

After that, look at the Infi class. We're good at killing. At killing and giving radar but only a small number of Infis fulfull this last job.
    What did we had since the release of the game ? Tons of weapons. Even Shiva wouldn't be able to use all of those weapons at a same time. And a stalkish thing which obviously doesn't entertain a lot of people. Killing only is boring.

Infis need something new. Hacking is useless ATM. Because a hacked terminal can be swapped back in less than 3 seconds, or because of sundies. Or because it's sometimes better to destroy terminals. There is no plan for hacking, no plan to add any useful task or role to the Infi class since years.

- Go away from the crowd, get a 2 men crew for your MBT, repair your vehicule in a safe spot, and everything will be ok.
    - If you leave your vehicule in front of a base in order to fight in this base, you vehicule may become the property of an Infi. Not such a drama. (And i guess Infis will not be able to hack deployed sundies).

Infis are definitly not OP. You can get them with listenig to sounds, keeping an eye to your minimap, and with average awareness. You should try to play this class in order to get a more accurate point of view about it.
  14. Who Garou

I agree.
    I think most players overlook how powerful Infiltrators already are.
    The ones that don't overlook how powerful they hare have made plenty of posts in these forums about how powerful they are.

"KIlling" is what the entire game is about. What have the other classes gained except for more weapons (res grenades and heal grenades are the only things that I can possibly think of).
    Infiltrators have gained the Blackhand and NOW!(tm) the Emissary to make up for them not being able to use their primary weapon while in Stalker cloak <--- this is the obvious reason for both of these weapons!

Yes. Infiltrators have been given things to increase their "power level" through the use of these two weapons <--- I will say much more so than Rez Grenades or Heal Grenades. (Heal Grenades are pretty much useless)
    (Rez grenades tend balance out as being as much of a reward for the other side as an advantage to your side in most of the situations I've seen.)

"Killing" is what captures bases .... unless you are "ghost capping" aka "I have taken this base because there is no one here trying to kill me".

Huh, hacking is useless at the moment?
    You are joking, right?

There are nights when I won't do anything but run around hacking things.
    Hacking is very powerful if you know what you are doing.
    I hack enemy vehicle pulls quite frequently depending on what mode of game play that I am in. (I will admit that I haven't been able to play my character that is mainly an infiltrator as much as I have been focusing on my "main" as late. Odd game this, not being able to alt-oholic is as much as I usually would other games, but I found a good Outfit to stick with .... haven't in other games.)

You are correct.
    I am not saying that Infiltrators are OP.
    I think Infiltrators are balanced with the other classes at this point.

I am against the ability for Infiltrators being able to hack vehicles.
    I feel strongly on this.
    I know how I would exploit it.
    It should not be added to Planetside 2.
    It is a very bad idea.

The ANT and construction system will change the game enough.
    The Infiltrators have already been given the Blackhand and Emissary.

DEVS! DO NOT ADD THE "INFILTRATOR VEHICLE HACKING" SYSTEM TO PLANETSIDE 2!
    Please see reason!
  15. askull

Infil gameplay
    [IMG]
  16. LimaCharlie

I haven't noticed much difference in survivability but since the update, I still enjoying playing as heavy over infiltrator. I think infiltrators shouldn't be aloud to capture a point while cloaked though.
  17. Hambo

What about heavies? Should they be able to capture a point while their shield is active?
    • Up x 1
  18. LimaCharlie

That's different because you can still see heavy assaults when their shields are up. Infiltrators have a class specific ability to cloak themselves making them almost impossible to see.
  19. Hambo

You may also see infiltrators with a dark light.
    • Up x 2
  20. Zap97

May I remind people of a thing named scope sway, bullet velocity and bullet drop, super small target for OHK, cloack nerf, health nerf that makes sniping a challenge? Also, why I don't see people crying at MAxes players with a kd of 15+ or just tankers/pilots easily killing them for cheap certs?