The Planetside 2 Subreddit has a darkside to it.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scr1nRusher, Jan 16, 2016.

1. Scr1nRusher

If this is sad, then the Emerald & PS2 sub are suffering from severe depression & suicidal thoughts.
  2. Scr1nRusher

Its like they are showing up out of the woodwork.
  3. DooDooBreff

why is this thread ok here but not on reddit? oh yeah no biased mod based, circle jerk BS.
    • Up x 3
  4. Scr1nRusher

Notice how I've never attacked anyone in this thread, but for SOME EXPLAINABLE REASON, the Emeraldps2 guys are attacking me.
  5. Ceiu

I'm not going to read this entire thread because in the five posts I read it was pretty stupid, but I will say that I'm somewhat surprised at who is claiming what here.

Shaql, considering your history with the PS2 subreddit, I find it a little ridiculous you're taking the stance you are. I'm not going to bother nitpicking your various arguments, but I will say this: Requiring evidence of X when there is plenty evidence of Y, and Y is effectively the same as X, makes you an *******. People only argue that way when they're more interested in being right than they are in addressing the problem at hand.

Everyone who's been on the PS2 subreddit long enough sees the pattern. If Scr1n posts anything, it's downvoted to hell until people save it. For example: this comment was well into the negatives when I commented on it. There's nothing inflammatory or off-topic there, but it was downvoted anyway. Granted, it got saved eventually, but it required that people actively click it or set their threshold exceptionally low to even see it as a result.

Now, while it may not have been explicitly orchestrated, it's not really a far cry when you have threads and conversations much like this one basically ******** all over someone.

A: Did you see what that ****head Scr1n posted this time? Look at this ****: -link-
    B: Oh man, what a ****! I hope he's killed by a drunk driver on Christmas eve! But let me click that link anyway because I hate him so much.
    A: LOL YEAH! **** that guy in his stupid head!

That happens all the goddamn time, and it doesn't take a psychology degree to recognize that while A isn't explicitly requesting B to go abuse Reddit's horrid moderation system, they're certainly being setup to do so. Group-think and mob mentality are a terrible, terrible things.

Now, it's probably too late to mention at this point, but this isn't just about Scr1n -- he just happens to be the flavour of the moment. It can, and will eventually be, another once someone else is stupid enough to post something that draws the ire of the pack -- whatever that happens to be.
    • Up x 3
  6. Scr1nRusher

Read the whole thread......

If you did, it certainly would make things interesting.

Bingo.

If they can take down a guy like me in the community, no one is safe...........except for those in special "groups".
  7. SpartanPsycho

Please do, spread the word.
    • Up x 1
  8. SpartanPsycho

• Up x 1
  9. Scr1nRusher

10. shaql

Ceiu:

"Shaql, considering your history with the PS2 subreddit, I find it a little ridiculous you're taking the stance you are."

...what do you mean?

" Requiring evidence of X when there is plenty evidence of Y, and Y is effectively the same as X, makes you an *******."

He said he has such proof. Why wouldn't he post it? He just keeps ignoring all requests for it. Also, what is Y in this context?

"If Scr1n posts anything, it's downvoted to hell until people save it."

I think you misread my comment. For downvotes, there's two separate issues:
    1. People vote brigading - coordinating with each other where and how to vote
    2. People voting for disliking a person, or an opinion

The first one is what Scr1n keeps mentioning, including in the very first post in this thread. He continues to claim he has proof for it, yet he presents none. Without proof, this is really just a meaningless accusation, towards either the general population of reddit (and thus marking all users of reddit as 'evil'), or towards noone specific.
    The second one, however, is indeed happening, yes. But it is not the moderators' fault, it's not a group targetting him or other people. It's just that reddit creators imagined the voting system in one way, but the actual community used it in another way. It's not a problem specific to Planetside-related subreddits.

"Now, it's probably too late to mention at this point, but this isn't just about Scr1n"

Obviously. But the primary focus and example is the most recent case. Is it that surprising?
  11. shaql

And just for the sake of pointing out Scr1n's further ********:

"Notice how I've never attacked anyone in this thread"

Wrong. He repeatedly accuses mods of some sort of wrongdoing (including the accusation of not reacting to evidence of brigading, yet, again, no evidence is shown). In my opinion, accusations without any kind of proof are a kind of immoral attack. Also, " you really are showing mental health issues." may be considered an attack, too. And comparing himself to jews, thus suggesting a very strong insult towards someone. And "PS2 has had a rough history. Not just from the SOE devs, but also the communties manipulation.", sounds like an attack to me. And I may consider 'liking' the comments that are often very offensive/vulgar towards certain people a form of attack.

(about nitpicking arguments) "If you did, it certainly would make things interesting. "

I guess my points here were not interesting enough to discuss them? Safer to just ignore, yeah.

"openly attacking me & everyone on this thread."

Aaaaah, but see, openly attacking everyone on reddit is fine and constructive, as his 'likes' show!
  12. RoyAwesome

WaaWaa was banned because he was making ****** jokes about a person who actually died from cancer. He then created an account (TENCancer) and continued to make really ****** jokes that nobody found funny and were incredibly distasteful.

So, yeah, if you find a planetside player dying of cancer funny, you aren't welcome on the subreddit either.
  13. WaaWaa

Pump the brakes on the b.s. bus for a minute. I was suspended first, silenced, and then banned (because of subsequent conversations with mods) because of the Paris attacks. The 1TR cancer incident was a 2nd banning from a 2nd account. Let's keep the record straight, especially since you guys can make up whatever you like since no one holds you responsible for your actions.

Here's the screenshot of what I said in that thread about cancer:
    [IMG]http://imgur.com/q7BrbMB

For those too lazy to click, I said 3 things:
    -TENCancer (in response to someone saying that cancer was a ****ter); context, we often get called ****ters and cancer in the same breath. Wasn't pointed at the guy who died of cancer, or made as anything but a response to his specific post.

-I said that sleeping late and eating bad food are factors in developing cancer, and that if you care about living you should consider that as a warning since I quoted someone who knew him saying he did those two very things as part of his lifestyle. No jokes made.

-In response to someone saying they were gonna have an in-game funeral, I said "Oh boy". Meaning, the funeral was gonna get hit by people looking to cause trouble. No jokes made.

So before Roy and these other mods start making stories about how I made fun of someone who died of cancer, check the image I posted and read the truth.

Here's the real truth. The mods on the PS2 and Emerald sub-reddit (pretty much the same people) do not like it when you question how they moderate the subreddit. Certain people get selected for special treatment, while everyone else that commits similar if not worse infractions get no punishment. They don't follow their own rules. Members of my own outfit were banned from Emerald subreddits for simply asking why the mods are so ban happy. Civilized, moderate language was used by these outfit members, and they were all banned for questioning how they moderate the forums.

Here's a sample of how one outfit member was treated by Autoxidation, one of the mods in these subreddits. Utterly distasteful and with complete disregard for being moderate, which is the keyword in being a moderator.

http://imgur.com/ZFkajQG

I got banned simply for replying to the message that said I could contact the mods about my suspension when I posted a 3 second audio clip from counter-strike during the Paris attacks. As soon as I got the message in my inbox that I could contact the mods regarding my suspension, I did so. They didn't like me standing up for myself. So when I kept insisting that a 3 second audio clip from a popular video game didn't warrant a steep 3 week suspension, they then silenced and banned me because I wouldn't shut up and take my punishment. They want people to roll over and kiss their posteriors. It is flat out wrong and immoderate to invite people to be able to contact you regarding your suspension and then ban them because you invited them to send you messages in the first place. It reeks of misleading and incompetence. It's like you are pretending very superficially to be very neutral and transparent in your rulings, but when the people you rule on actually do call you out on it you become a dictatorial, autocrat with no room for critique or feedback. You would expect moderators to be civil in their discussions with people they punish, but they are ruthless and rude.

Here's the screenshots of my back and forths with the mods, in which they name call me and show their immaturity when it comes to dialogue of an honest difference of opinion when it comes to what constitutes black humor:
    http://imgur.com/HA0qNaV
    http://imgur.com/9bOWTFR

I honestly could care less if people don't like me, my sense of humor, the way I play the game, or your personal online opinion of any judgment you make about me. But I will call it like I see it. Emerald and PS2 reddits are filled with immature, biased, and off-color users, but only the people that are not liked by the community because of what they say or how they play the game get downvoted, and eventually silenced completely because the moderators belong to the crowd of children that is the ps2/emerald sub-reddit.

I will ride my moral high horse into the sunset with full confidence that you all take things way too seriously, and you need to lighten up and let the light into your lives. Words never hurt anyone. Let all opinions and viewpoints in. Censorship is what failed governments do when people don't have uniform viewpoints and they want everyone to think one way.

I think the screenshots I have provided to you all here are evidence enough that what SpartanPsycho and Scrinrusher have been saying is true. I was one of the people that got shut down for expressing myself differently than the rest of the masses. I was a victim of censorship in all this. I did nothing wrong.

#FreeWaaWaa
    #CensorshipPasse
    • Up x 2
  14. RoyAwesome

Oh, so laughing about 100 something people dying is so much better.

Sorry, I got my horrible **** you were spewing mixed up.
  15. WaaWaa

You stated I was banned for making cancer jokes. I corrected you and yet you didn't even flinch when you made a mistake.

Let me quote you:
    You claimed the reason I was initially banned was because I made cancer jokes, and after being banned from that for the first time, I created a second account to make more jokes. That is completely distorted as to the particulars of my bannings. You just make things up as they go along. These are your moderators, fellow readers.

You don't even present the facts as they are, and you tell the story you want to tell regardless of what really happened because, let's be honest, no one will hold you accountable.

Sounds like the same ban happy, censoring mods I dealt with a few months ago. Nothing has changed.

Was I laughing at people dying? I don't believe so. I didn't laugh in real life or during the post I made. I simply posted a clip from a video game that stated how I felt: The terrorists won this match of the overall battle. We'll win some as well.

The mods turned it into Satan himself is posting we better bust out the holy water.
    • Up x 3
  16. xMaxdamage

The whole point of the downvote system is thought conservativism, people is scared by direct confrontation because their beliefs can be proven wrong, so they just downvote and make the idea disappear. People without the strength or the facts to prove their ideas right decide what the whole community will be able to read. very bad, bad thing.
    • Up x 3
  17. shaql

xMaxdamage, how is this different, or better, from this very thread, where insults and accusations are being thrown around, without any sort of evidence to support the claims, or really any reason for the insults? the thread where lengthy posts replying in detail are being ignored and not discussed, especially by the original poster, while the most 'popular' (in terms of quoting, responding, and likes) are the ones generalizing the whole population of reddit?
  18. RoyAwesome

Ok, I went back and looked at your actual ban reason. You posted a video to the 'Terrorists Win' soundbyte in a thread about the Paris attacks. Real classy.

9 bans in a month, all but 3 are bots. Facts seem to disagree with you. We just ban ****heads like you.
  19. DooDooBreff

people make cancer jokes and say nasty things all day everyday on reddit.... classy rhetoric isnt exactly what reddit, or the internet for that matter, are known for.

sure its offensive and i dont like it either, but when mods are selective about who gets punished, and who gets let go is what all this is about. you guys seem to keep dodging that fact, and keep regurgitating how certain individuals are more guilty than others of the same violations.
    • Up x 3
  20. Villanuk

explain this to to everyone.
    Reddit rules.Not Ask people to Troll others on reddit, in real life, or on other blogs/sites. We aren't your personal army.
    Autoxidation "Good job openly attacking him! Keep up the good work, Illamanati private"
    So, he has broken reddit rules and incited a hate campaign against another person, what action do you think should be taken?
    • Up x 3