Dear players complaining about issues post 1/14 patch..

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by CrossFitForLifeBRAH, Jan 14, 2016.

1. CrossFitForLifeBRAH

If only there were a way to type /bug in game and report game bugs... Or at least a place dedicated to reporting, tracking and resolving gameplay bugs.
    - https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps2/index.php?link-forums/gameplay-bugs.95/

If you complain about the free to play game needing new content and also bugs from when new features are patched but, you've never logged on to the test server you should be restricted from posting on the forums.
  2. Serhat Öktem

Packages can not be tested and servers are updated. The emergence of these problems perfectly normal. People give money and not play games as you want. An infamous developers team.
    • Up x 1
  3. Grandpa

I dont play for free, i pay for you, so that YOU are able to play, but i cant play anyway because of that great patch.
    • Up x 7
  4. Amodin

Quoted for truth.
  5. MikSchultzy

Have paid money to play game. Game doesn't work. Feel entitled to at least comment that latest patch has created multiple (unexplained) crashes.
    • Up x 2
  6. Tanelorn

You can't report a bug in-game when you are crashed...
    • Up x 7
  7. zgunner

Fyi, some of us have spent money on this game. Some of us have supported the developers of a game we enjoy.

On that note, it's time for Daybreak to stop being so damn stingy. Give players some incentive to get on the test server. Obviously when the overall population is low, the test server is going to be empty. Why not give a real incentive that gets people playing? Why not allow people to earn DB currency for playing on the PTS? Maybe limit it to 100 max every month. They could require a full 60 minutes of play to earn 10 DB cash(maybe have an AFK timer of 5min, with a 24hr ban on multiple AFK offenses). So 10 hours in a month would get you the max reward of 100 in-game currency. They could also have days(like every other Wednesday for instance) where you earn double the amount of DB cash for time played so you could earn the max amount in 5 hours. This would get more people on the PTS at specific times as well if the x2 rate only lasted a few hours. This is only the equivalent of $1 US....

It sounds pretty reasonable to me. OP, you need to get off your high horse about people not participating in the PTS server. This game's population is dwindling more and more every day. A lot of my outfit members who were very active in PTS no longer even play the game. Also, the fact that some of these players are true free players and haven't spent a dime on this game gives them even less incentive to test. Most of the active bug reporters and testers are people who have invested in the game.

All I want is some incentive to hop on the testing server. I only play maybe 10 hours at most a week. If I log in and see the game is broken from a recent patch(like today), I just check the forums, make sure it's not just me, and move on until it's fixed. That's what I usually do at least. Today I just happened to be reminded the PTS is likely not even being used for it's intended purposes, and the main servers have become the test servers.

Daybreak, stop punishing people for not testing, and give them a reason to.
    • Up x 5
  8. CrossFitForLifeBRAH

look at my forum badges bro. I've been a premium member with the former owners and now DB since late 2000. Your incentive for logging over to test is avoiding too many days like this one.

Here's an idea.. take the 60 or so players who logged on from your Zerg-fit and put half the effort you put into the QQ post you so passionately composed above reaching out to another group and meet on test once every 2-3 months when they push content to be explored over on test. It'd be fun and you'd be doing something positive for a game you obviously enjoy.

It's no wonder we rarely see DB staff posts on these forums addressing concerns brought by players. Can you blame them? It's always a complaint about wanting new content or complaints about the new content needing to be tweaked after an update. They can't win. You'll still play. It'll get fixed. The world will keep spinning.

If by high horse you mean a place to drop truth bombs. No thanks it's more pleasant up here in reality.

There's one test server and... what is it... 5 live servers not counting the special event server? It's not the population being low, it's the population only giving a d@mn until it's time to come here and complain.

Did you show up on Jan 4th when the staff asked for the community to log over to the PTS and to join them while testing performance and the new construction system? Or how about the test update before the latest one back in October? No?

Look, we can all be toddlers and throw a fit in a reactionary manner when a patch hits an actual live environment or we can be proactive and with minimum effort spend an hour or two every couple of months playing a video game together on another server. A server you log on and instantly have something like 70,000 certs to make it rain. A server you and your troops can act the fool without worrying about your stats.

I logged on today and crashed a few times. I logged over to test because I hadn't been crashing there at all thinking there might be some people who want to play the game we enjoy and the world population indicated 8 people total on the 4 continents. My guess is it was mostly staff trying to troubleshoot issues because they were spread out. No players over there to play a game they want to play? Oh that's right the time is better spent here playing the victim of the tyrannical DB staff. lol, these forums are what a troll reads while yanking it. All the anger from the ignorant is unreal. Lol, did you really say stop punishing people? LOL!!
    • Up x 1
  9. MaximusRudedog

I played on the test server and never had crashes like this. Even for the last patch. This was actually a small patch. Fix the damn problem...I'm sure they can see the instant disconnects.
  10. Laja

Hey, I am paying a monthly fee to play with this game. I am not supposed to be the tester of the game. I have a job where I do coding and sometimes testing. And when I go home and want to play with a computer game which I support with paying a monthly fee, I expect it to be playable at least.

However I am/was playing several other online games, and I have never experienced this anywhere else - sometimes we get strange errors which prevents the game to start, or a Friday evening the servers are not accessible, or now this crash, etc etc.
    • Up x 2
  11. Pandora's Lunchbox

You lost all/most of us at 'look at my badges'. If you have a job, it can't be as a lawyer of any description with your petty demonstration. The game is broken - end of - and the player-base (free or paid in any manner) won't support the development of a game franchise that has so much failure sitting behind it. You're roaring about throwing a dead fish back into the sea as if to save it, man.
  12. CrossFitForLifeBRAH

You know dick about support and development of the past and present successful mmo's and the what the communities who play them are willing to do if you think the suggestion of spending a small amount of time now and then with others on the test server is out of the question. Hey, I'm not a lawyer. By all means continue to make over the top complaints on forums the devs don't read and I'm sure it'll yield better results.
  13. blackcarp

A - this game says Free To Play, and it actually really is, which is a business model still, you, as a paying customer would not have many people to play with and neither play nor pay without them, the large free player base is what got you to pay for this game by being the most important part of this game, no it aint models (which are kinda repetetive and often truly bad lately btw) or fancy FX, the most important part are your fellow players

B - by complaining these people actually do what a test is supposed to do, tell the Devs whats going on, sadly AFTER this patch went live instead of during a proper, planned testserver action

C - /bug is not really well documented and you cant ask that of everyone

D - you totally forget that your fellow players are humans, animals, that adapt to their environment, do you seriously think a game, any game, would be able to pull off what you demand without giving incentives to do that? no, simply no, animals adapt to their environment, do the most rewarding thing and avoid boring nonsense, not just in games, in general, why do you think prohibition failed so badly?
    if you want people to be more active about bugs and reports, i think they are pretty active about that already due to the incentive of being able to play a proper game if stuff gets fixed, then offer better incentives, station cash and such, a simpler more obvious bug report feature, decals, whatever

F - if players report stuff but never hear from the Devs again, they will think their reports dont matter, they will stop sending them

G - punishing people for not installing another 16GB test server and sending mysterious /bug commands will not make players more happy rather piss them off

H - @Devs just use bots/botnets on the test server to simulate a large player base maybe if you plan to go live with a new patch?
    • Up x 1
  14. cobaltlightning

15. Luminus

Thank Vanu those question marks ended at least two sentences.
  16. Lazarusxt

New contents fine but this is a shooter so new continents old continents new guns old guns other than a slight learning curve whats the difference?

At the core of this game what makes it different is the large scale and three faction system. I'd be far more interested in the focus being on game stability and some fresh ideas about how to balance the population (especially in non-peak hours). I'd take that over a new pew pew or battlefield on the moon anyday...
    • Up x 1
  17. Cymoril

Dark Age of Camelot has the same problems. It has been out longer than this game. Your PoV does have some merit though in my mind. If you sub and buy fluff items or guns that are OP that they "balance" once the sales reach a certain number I can appreciate your disgust. However I am on and off with the sub for this game and its weapons. That being said that I pay here n there but not like I used too.
    The bottom line is get involved and play test if you don't want scrub gear/weapons. Its not right, but its how things are in the FTP/MMO scene these days. If you don't like it, adapt or play Fallout 4. Any and all MMOs have balance issues, it is a never ending treadmill. The trick is figuring out how many Devs play 1 faction more than another so you can figure out which side will take longer to get things nerfd cause they devs are still enjoying themselves, er I mean testing.
  18. military1428

CrossFitForLife, kindly go F. U. C. K. yourself. Arrogant people like you are the reason people don't like this game anymore.
  19. Cymoril

I do agree they could have an easier chat UI for helping them report issues non cheat related. The chat UI for this game has to be one of the worst I've played with in my years of MMOing. It does rank right up there next to Korean port chat UIs. If I have to log out, go to another website to login then report the problem there, in my mind that says they really don't care by making it that much of a hassle. SO, exploit the bug or work around it. That's the decision I make when I come to one with this game if the UI ever gets better like their colorblindness "fix." hah.
  20. Voodoo4500

Is anyone else starting to go through withdrawals?
    • Up x 2