Koltyr's Broken.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by cobaltlightning, Jan 14, 2016.

1. cobaltlightning

As in death and redeployment bars you from (re)spawning on Koltyr, and I'm seeing two instances of it.
    One of these instances shows up as sort of 'blank' in a sense: There is no color indication faction territory.

I took some screenshots of the map, both alive and dead. This was done on my Newbie Helping NC Character.

Here's the map on the instance I am on, with me being alive:
    [IMG]

Here's that second instance, this time with the drop-down of the continents, showing both Koltyrs:
    [IMG]

Same second map when I am dead, to prove there's no spawn options there:
    [IMG]

I am aware of the system that populates Koltyr, should the newer accounts log in for the first time off of prime time, but I don't think I should be seeing two separate instances.

Whenever I enter the redeploy screen on Koltyr (through death, /suicide, or any other means) I simply cannot or do not 'spawn.' My screen doesn't chance, and instead I hear the sound as if I am falling. I do not know if I am able to chat, or if I actually manifested inside the tube thing. I have yet to test this.

I shall continue testing this, hopefully it'll be fixed by prime time. Even in the wee hours of the morning, this shouldn't be happening anyway.
  2. Pandora's Lunchbox

This is happening to me. For the record, I can look 'off-map' as it were, but seem to be staring either up or down at some odd-looking construct. Occasionally, there is a dead body that appears and disappears. As far as I can tell, this is my fate every time I die.

I can flick between this image and the screenshots you have supplied. I would supply more, but - to be frank - Daybreak haven't given myself or my friends enough incentive to aid them. You give them money and they keep releasing bugs like these. Sad. You don't see this in many other games, at all.
  3. cobaltlightning

~8 hours later, this problem still exists.
    There are still 2 Koltyr Instances, yada yada. I can confirm, however, that after respawning, the game does not count me as 'dead.'
    [IMG]

I think the game might be trying to put me in the other instance of Koltyr that's showing up.
  4. cobaltlightning

JUST tested this with a brand spankin new account, same issues.

Someone over on the reddit suggested that a koltyr directive lock was hidden in the update. Whether this is true or not, the problem still exists.
  5. cobaltlightning

4PM EST, practically the start of prime time for Emerald.
    Bugginess still persists.

Going to lose maybe a thousand potential players at this rate.
  6. cobaltlightning

Bump.
    Because it's still broken.

EDIT: Development, new screenshot.
    Was ABLE to respawn, but was met with this instead
    [IMG]

Seconds before, I saw my dead body falling into that white void.
    Mr. Jethmen did not seem to be affected, however.
    • Up x 2
  7. Pandora's Lunchbox

Thanks for the image.

Every time I die (even when I am not on Koltyr), that is exactly what my game amounts to. I noted in my Support Ticket that communications are still up at that point and that the game doesn't show as unresponsive - but does prove to be a ***** when attempting to Alt+Tab or whatnot. Practically everything else you have described is the same for me, here - just on all continents.

Unlike the other bug that seems to be plaguing other players (CTDs), I've noted that this issue for me is completely unrelated to how long I have the game open. This occurs every time I die and regardless of the method of doing so. I should also note that I have left the game running for some good time on this screen to see if it ever would correct itself - I mean, we've all seen weird/buggy re-spawns before, right? Like, flying through a map? Things that seem to just correct themselves in eventuality; but as far as I can tell, this final shot is pretty indefinite.

I should also say that my game doesn't appear to be crashing, but through Windows Process Explorer I have noticed that around two to three threads in the PlanetSide 2 process seem to be making the game highly unstable on my system (even on lower graphics settings). I end them according to instruction as I normally would, but even with them left to their own devices (is that use of 'devices' ironic?) my game doesn't appear to have any crashing issues. I can only see that if you have this issue, you aren't seeing the CTD issues - unless someone can say otherwise?

I'll keep fiddling to see if I can come up with something else - I'd like to say that one of the threads I was ending caused this weird death issue, but if that were the case, it wouldn't happen when I didn't end the threads.
  8. Pandora's Lunchbox

I should have mentioned that all methods of communication seem to work for me. Communication channels reliant on players' distances seem to work according to where my last death occurred - even though on this weird image we appear on the minimap nowhere near to where we died or even wanted to spawn. The same goes for voice chat - not just /say, /yell and /regionsay.
  9. cobaltlightning

Bump because this problem still yet exists.

One Daybreak person on Reddit said the "Issue (was) noted and will be addressed soon." This was 3 days ago.
    On estimation, at this rate, that's maybe ~5,000 separate players have at least tried the game, but were stuck in this mess and likely decided the bugginess ain't worth their time or, in return, their money.
    • Up x 1
  10. DmC187

+1