[Suggestion] Nothing has changed, Resist still dominates.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scr1nRusher, Jan 14, 2016.

1. Scr1nRusher

Cry some more.

Also..... who are you? Your name has no importance, famously or infamously.

This isn't a ****post, its pointing out a future problem.

Also you have been lurking for 4 years and only make 6 posts before this?
  2. Scr1nRusher

Exactly.

Expect more people to realize this, or......... take advantage of it & abuse it.
  3. bLind db

Maybe because it was already pretty well balanced? It has a strong side and a weak side. It had high uptime because you were expected to stay in it as much as possible because it weakens significantly for every hit you take without it up. In spite of that, it did still get a nerf. That's right, the actual balanced overshield got nerfed. And you're still complaining like a little girl. You're an HA main and don't realize how your own class works. That's telling.
  4. Bral

1 It does not matter who I am. No one is important here. If you think your one voice is important here your ignorance is blinding you.
    2 I do not post on forumside as it is aids because of people like you that have very little to no knowledge about how the game actually works and complain about something that you think is the problem but your ignorance is blocking you from seeing everything
    3 It is a ****post because of the before mansion that your argument has many holes and uses very outdated information and has not actually evidenced to back any of it up you just say something is something just to make it seem you argument has any weight. I have still to see why the resist shield is op and needs nerfed.
    • Up x 1
  5. Zeborah76

i was thinking what if they nerf HA so much that no1 plays it then what ??

the tank army have the upper hand
    they rofl because they have 1 less class to worrie about to blow them up ??
  6. Hegeteus

I think the only problem with it is the increase of it's duration as it seemed pretty good already

While people have raised a good point by saying it won't protect you well against flanks and ambushes, I think it's fair to say that it's not easy to actually flank/ambush anyone in this game. At the moment there are all kind of spammable recon devices with significant ranges, making flanking/ambushing difficult and usually less fruitful than just rolling head on as a HA while having medics to support you.

I'm not advocating a nerf to HA or anything else, but to consider these changes as a nerf to HA is wrong. HA players with resist shield may now use it more freely thanks to it's increased duration and get to use another suit slot while having benefit of flak armor and nanoweave and enjoying more shield coverage than ever before
    • Up x 1
  7. DDaly

Change up your tactics then!

dont sit there trying the same thing over and over and moaning for a nerf. This is how we end up with lazy balancing where everything feels exactly the same...

This is a side note but basically whether you know it or not you want a rock, paper, scissors format. So if they bring heavys, theres always an effective counter available. Winners are the ones who adapt and change to suit the fight the best. Does this not sound like a suitable style of play?
  8. Scr1nRusher

The problem with resist is that it didn't get nerfed down in the HA shield changes & will continue to be the most popular & used HA shield team, meaning like previously more HA shield complaints will come.

1 bullet less(-5% resistance) is laughable if you really look at it.
  9. Scr1nRusher

Then people would have to learn to use vehicles & aircraft then wouldn't they? ;)
  10. Azawarau

I like how you just ignore everything and scream louder against common sense like a child that wants candy but mommy said no

This is getting old as ****
    • Up x 1
  11. OldMaster80

Come on, you know this is not a 1 vs 1 face to face game where players yell 1,2,3 GO! and fire at the same time.
    As some wrote on reddit this is a good change. Not a revoultion, but surely a step in the right direction.
  12. Scr1nRusher

Resist is powerful because if you know you are going to win, you are going to win.
  13. Hegeteus

You have a fair point, but no one has yet thought about heavy assault's actual rivals, light assault and infiltrator. I think a better step would be to make them more reliable instead of nerfing HA down. Both of them rely on shenanigans which usually won't even give you much of an advantage against upper tier players since they lose their value thanks to a small stick laying on the ground(except on multilevel radar-feed hells plus some select bases) and their tools(jet pack and cloaking) are just clumsy at the moment

I'm not saying that I'm unable to beat heavy assaults(since I have a pretty significant kill record as stalker), but I'd say that it's harder to be a bad heavy assault than it is to be a good infiltrator or light assault

E: Note that I try not to take anyone's side. I've been thinking about the infantry game broadly and often and it always ends up in the same conclusion. Infiltrator is of course valuable in the team game because of the recon devices and light assaults can provide squad with good beacons(plus occasional C4 fairying) so maybe people don't want or need them to be combat effective in their own right. Whatever happens, I will still be infuriating people with my mag-scatter and knife >8)
  14. TheFlamingLemon

I'm all for this, but it should be considered that the resist shield nerfs your speed while you're taking damage, so it makes sense that it can absorb more damage
  15. Scr1nRusher

All HA shields nerf movement............
  16. doombro

So, even after the big nerf, you're still getting killed by better players? Gee, I wonder why.
  17. Scr1nRusher

Ah no, it has nothing to do with personal feels.

Against NMG & Adrenaline shield users the -300 HP nerf is noticable.

Against Resist Shield users the -5% Resistance isn't noticable at all.
    • Up x 1
  18. Savadrin

This whole thread is resist! Shut it down!
  19. Scr1nRusher

Throws emp grenade
    • Up x 1
  20. Savadrin

STEPS AROUND THE CORNER AND LULZES
    • Up x 1