Forumside is now a safe space?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scr1nRusher, Dec 27, 2015.

1. Scr1nRusher

Redditside has turned into the old forumside.

Nerf calls on EVERYTHING, I can't even.

Halp.
  2. DeadlyOmen

Crybully is the new cool.
    • Up x 2
  3. Azawarau

Dont turn into one of those obnoxious forumgoers that equate any kind of rebalance talk with crying

Seriously

Theyre ironically the worst of crybabies and dont realize how stupid they sound half the time
    • Up x 5
  4. Moridin6

it was always safe here
    hugs?
    • Up x 6
  5. Armcross

Sadly Dev's don't really much favor their official forum.
    • Up x 2
  6. DeadlyOmen

In a game that does not have immutable physical laws and an infinite number of combat experiences, any mention of "balance" is nonsense.

Therefore and predictably, "balance" becomes a self-serving plea for one's own self interests.

So yes, "rebalance" is crying. When done more than once, it becomes crybullying.
    • Up x 2
  7. Scr1nRusher

"rebalance" means NERF WHAT EVER GAVE ME BOO BOO.
    • Up x 3
  8. Moridin6

wait..
    what are we nerfing?
    • Up x 1
  9. DeadlyOmen

Crybullies.
    • Up x 2
  10. Moridin6

nerf the nerfers' ability to nerf?
    • Up x 4
  11. Jubikus

I dont know i think Saron could use a small buff also lasher Banshee needs complete tweaking to put it up a small amount without breaking it Fractures need some buffing. And ive played quite a bit NC lately and the uhhh.... hmmm....i got nothing everything here seems to work just fine.
  12. Moridin6

nerf that rocket you hit me with..
    and i guess my wraith flash while were at it lol
  13. toast2250

Don't nerf Garen wtf! Oh wait,.. wrong forum.
  14. PKSpark

Complaining is in a way a mark of affection... Otherwise they would just uninstall the game
    • Up x 2
  15. Azawarau

Thats entirely untrue

If a weapon had infinite ammo, perfect accuracy and could 1 hit kill anything in game would it be balanced? Obviously not.

This is an opposite extreme to you saying any mention of balance is nonsense, not a strawman

And assuming balance is self serving is almost more ridiculous

When i play i look at the advantages i have such as the Raven and say that it needs to be rebalanced because its too powerful

Then i play and see the fractures are underperforming unless youre in lockdown and think they need a rework to be more powerful outside of lockdown and about the same with it

Its what the forum is here for

And yes many players are only in it for self interest, usually the ones defending things that are obviously over the top, but that doesnt mean everyone does it

I have a very heavy feeling youre projecting your thought line onto everyone else

You know better than that
    • Up x 1
  16. Scr1nRusher

Stop with the micro-nerf aggressions!

I'm being nerf-pressed.
    • Up x 1
  17. xMaxdamage

reddit is bad because of the downvote system, something that has been avoided by the first creators of online communities because it's toxic.
    • Up x 1
  18. DeadlyOmen

My thought-line values owning my gaming experience over self-serving lobbying.

Extreme examples do not further your case. On the contrary, they lead one to believe that is all that can be offered in defense of crybullying.

Offering examples of under or over performance fail in the face of the infinite number of variables those weapons may find themselves in. Sure, they will be UP and OP in given situations. This is the place asymmetry assumes challenge and interest.

Combined arms is a puzzle not to be solved by removing the pieces.
    • Up x 2
  19. Azawarau

Your argument is that its impossible for something to be overpowered in a game like planetside?

I want to clarify this so i can better tell you why youre wrong
  20. OldMaster80

This is why devs can't seriously count on players feedback when it's about balancing. Everyone has biased opinions and partial perspective, it's really hard to find someone presenting honest feedback.
    Many just pretend their opinions to be facts and expect their favourite gameplay / weapons / classes to be buffed and if they get outplayed twice they cry for nerf.
    • Up x 2