Implant energy is no longer sustainable

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by tijolo, Sep 30, 2015.

1. tijolo

When they were launched it was great. Several implants per hour, crafting to make lots of energy and it was a no brainer.

Then the drop rate was reduced drastically, but since everyone already had a few T3 implants, no one cared much. Plus the energy while being used all the time was still sustainable.

I don't know if it was reduced again but for the first time I'm running out of energy and implants to make more.

What is bad about this is that now spending certs/cash will be mandatory to keep running the desired implants. And this is not OK. Please increase the drop rate at least a little bit, don't increase the list of small issues that this game has.

As Wrel would say, you guys are boiling the frog.
    • Up x 3
  2. Eternaloptimist

I depend on Regen for my new LA role so I can carry C4 instead of medkits. Also Engie so I can carry mines. I have noticed the decline in drop rate in a painful way. HAving a few more medics around would be an alternative (I posted a question about this on the Class discussion forum).
  3. JobiWan

I only ever run T1 implants and I never run out of energy. I've usually got about 30 regular chargers and a couple of super/ultra chargers too. I've never spent a penny on implant energy.

I think I probably get most of the drops from repairing stuff, then just use the cycler to create chargers.
    • Up x 5
  4. tijolo

It's a big advantage to just simply not have anymore, or have and not be able to purchase equipment in a free way. Free players add to the experience of paying players too, and in several, big ways. For one HAVING players to play against, also players that might underperform for longer.

Plus for the first time I'm hitting 0 energy with no alteration to my score per hour. And all my builds and playstyles are tailored around specific implants.
  5. Goretzu

Did you have a big stockpile? If you did and you weren't trying to make higher tier ones and just kept crafting energy it is just about possible you've just ran out - on the other hand I wouldn't put a further nerf past them.
  6. tijolo

I always used the highest tiers I had and with the rest I crafted energy (t2 + t3) . I had all/most of the tier 3 ones since almost the beginning and always had 80k+ energy plus a lot of spare chargers. Then it went to having all T3 and 20k+ energy constatly. Right now I still have 2 tier 4's and no energy and no implants to craft more. And spending money or 10 hours worth of certs for some energy is just silly.
  7. Beerbeerbeer

They need to fix the rare but confirmed implant energy bug.

I don't know the exact circumstances of why it's happening, but upon certain continent transfers or fast log out/log in (I've experienced both), implant energy will be zeroed out.

It doesn't always happen, but it happens.
    • Up x 1
  8. tijolo

One solution to this and many other problems was to have no energy at all. Just infinite implants.
    • Up x 3
  9. Jubikus

Yeah i can see this as an issue for most of the playerbase for me its not that big of a deal as sniper with and without hold breath isnt that big of a difference and can just chill sniping for a while to earn more implants and energy but for people who enjoy the regular infantry game implants make a big difference and running out of energy can be a real pain in the ***. Honestly i wouldnt mind if they nerfed the drop rates of implants but got rid of energy all together to compensate so its a rare thing you get and it would take you a while to work up to t4 ones but you would at least be able to use what you have.
  10. Mythologicus

In a whole year of playing PS2, I used three chargers.

One for some HA shenanigans and two for the decidedly-useless EOD HUD when driving tanks.

I save all my stuff for a rainy day. I suppose the upshot is I will never, ever run out of energy in the event I start using them continuously. :p
    • Up x 1
  11. Taemien

Personally I think membership should make batteries unneeded as another perk of membership. Once you're BR100 and have all the certs you need.. what else is it good for? Nanite gain? Its already pretty quick.

I mean think about it, once you've reached a point, you can just turn membership off, if you don't play the other games.
  12. PKSpark

Implants with embarked energy.
    When one wear out in 1 hour it replete the next 24 hours.
    So, to use several hours of the same implants, you would need to own several of the same implant?
  13. Shiaari

I don't seem to have a problem managing implant energy, and I use tier 3 implants.
  14. Goretzu

Yeah I agree I can't imagine many do. I guess it is maybe the drop rate then, or just a streak of bad luck (as the RNG for drops seems pretty evil in that context).
  15. Stormsinger

Upon implementation, there was a hard-cap of how many you could earn in a given 24 hour period. After a certain number, you couldn't earn any more until the following day. They later changed it to be "There's no cap on how many can drop, but drop rate is reduced." - the last documented change I recall was in april.

The drop rate does feel extremely low these days though. I only really use sensor shield and the occasional bit of healing / safe fall, I have over 400 chargers just from random play now though, and that's after loosing all 250,000 energy I had to a bug back in June.
  16. RedArmy

there is absolutely no reason to ever run more than T1 implants.
    • Up x 1
  17. Shanther

I would have to do some absoutely crazy stuff to be unable to sustain my Tier 3 implant. I would have to make a serious effort for this to happen. Not only do I have 60 normal chargers I have 13 Ultra chargers, and 10k certs to buy more if I need.
  18. Antillie

I have never bothered with using implants at all and I have no plans to ever start. I do not feel like I am missing anything or in anyway at a disadvantage vs the people who do use them.
    • Up x 1
  19. ALN_Isolator

I run tier 2 and 3 implants only and as soon as I'm low, I have enough to make another ultra charger. Although when the anniversary bundle comes out I'm also dropping $10 into implant 5 packs to get some chargers on standby.
  20. tijolo

Well, but it is a BIG disadvantage. Think of defending a base with a heavy assault and doing a minute walk down a tower to get to the point after every death or just jumping down with Safe Fall and getting there almost instantly. Think of using the Stalker Cloak and getting caught because you didn't have the strongest anti-radar one. Think of finding the infiltrator that would kill you because your sights shined red due to enhanced targetting. They all can give you considerable advantages at the cost of some micromanaging and apparantly now, spending certs/cash.

Those of you who never run out of energy seem to be members, which probably helps to increase the drop rate due to the exp boost and how implants are connected to exp gain. Resource boost is in the verge of being pay-to-win and implants are just an atom away from falling, if that is not already the case.