[Vehicle] Mustang AH

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TheFlamingLemon, Sep 27, 2015.

1. TheFlamingLemon

Can someone explain to me how this is balanced? The NC anti-infantry gun can instant kill infantry and maxes and I don't see how this is balanced at all. It seems like it should kill infantry in at least 2, maybe 3 hits, and then simply have a larger pellet count so as to be able to spray infantry rather than maul them like the other two AI guns do. And if you guys think it is unbalanced, why hasn't it been nerfed yet?
    • Up x 2
  2. Alan Kalane

How much experience do you have with the AH mustang?
    • Up x 3
  3. Flag

Are you really going to say the AH isn't a problem?
  4. Pikachu

You want it to banshee level?
    • Up x 6
  5. Benton582

Are you saying the AH is a problem? Considering all you damn Vanu already have a OP orb gun? That has no spread and automatic fire rate of 200, dealing 400 damage? You already can kill infantry from far range with the damn thing, and you whine about that? And BTW, AH takes usually 2-3 hits from low mid-mid range, and close(0-50m) takes one hit? It's already a problem that NC has bad air support. So in summary.....DEAL WITH IT.

EDIT: Light PPA would be too OP if the bullet velocity was higher, but at this point, more useful for killing INF, not aircraft, your own fault for not going with another friendly.
    • Up x 6
  6. RedArmy

why hasnt the light PPA been nerfed yet...
    • Up x 3
  7. Benton582

However, for fairness, I will test it later, for right now I am doing work.
  8. Mxiter

The only AH problem is AA efficiency.
  9. ColonelChingles

The problem though with the AH isn't that it's too good against infantry... it's worse than the LPPA and the (pre-nerf) Banshees.

The problem is that it's unusually good (for an AI weapon) at A2A combat, which is not the intended role.

It's sort of similar to how the TR MAX Pounders aren't great at at AV work, but sort of make up for it by being unusually good (for an AV weapon) at AI work.
  10. Flag

It still pretty much instagibs infantry.
  11. CorporationUSA

The AH is the best AI nosegun for both anti-infantry and anti-aircraft. It should not be the best in both of those things. Using the LPPA is basically telling all enemy air in the area you are a free kill, and the banshee isn't too far off from it(though it's probably the worst for anti-infantry atm).

imo the AH is in a good spot, and the banshee and LPPA should have a buff against air. Why? Because using the mossie and scythe AI noseguns is just going to tell all enemy air that you are an easy kill. The A2A secondaries don't help with that much, but they do make it much harder to survive against AA on the ground. I'm not saying to make the AI noseguns compete with the default noseguns in AA combat, that would be stupid. But make it so they are good enough so enemies won't see them as a free kill. I will remind everyone that all of the noseguns are very good against infantry units as well, provided the user has good aim(especially the A2A and high volume magazine noseguns, due to their larger cone of fire).

Also, buff the MAX's flak armor against the AH.
    • Up x 1
  12. ColonelChingles

Well in that case the LPPA is even worse, as it can do more sustained damage at range. :p

Currently the LPPA gets 44.67 KPH, while the AH can only claim 40.59 KPH. The AH is objectively the worse weapon.

If the AH gets nerfed, then the LPPA ought to be even more nerfed.

The current Banshee, of course, is around a 26.76 KPH, much worse than either of them. Maybe that should be the goal, to nerf the AH and LPPA until they are about 27 KPH?
    • Up x 1
  13. CorporationUSA

KPH is only part of the story, and not a good indicator of how effective the weapon actually is. For all we know, more people are using the LPPA, or more AH users are focusing on air and armor. And the LPPA is better for farming clueless groups who are close together with no AA, while the AH is better for hit and run instagibs, which works against any player who is outside, even when there is AA. Also, killing flak maxes with the AH is a more viable strategy.
  14. Ronin Oni

Yeah, but requires near suicidal flying.

I use a Mustang AH Reaver with fuel and racer and it's damn fun but dangerous as hell.

It doesn't feel OP at all. It's harder to kill inf with AH than LPPA... significantly so I'd say.

Really, the only AI gun out of balance at the moment is the over-nerfed Banshee. It's like 5% more effective than the Needler at AI while being half as good at A2A.

Oh, and AH isn't even all that great at A2A... it's usable, it's easily the best AI nosegun for A2A, but it's pretty bad compared to Vortek.
    • Up x 5
  15. Ronin Oni

That's pretty much ALL the LPPA is good for...

honestly I think it's due for a CHANGE. Burst fire faster velocity orbs that have damage degredation or something, with less mag capacity.

or.. something... I dunno. Long range bombardment tends to piss people off though.

Honestly though, lolpods are still better.
    • Up x 1
  16. Flag

As mentioned by someone else the L.PPA does non-AI about as well as a Fury does AA. Funny when it happens but lets be real, it aint great.
    That said, if the L.PPA has to go for the AH to get adjusted then I'm fine with that.

Besides, the L.PPA doesn't instagib, which alone makes it less offensive than the AH.

Then make them all like the Banshee. I strongly support ground getting the firepower advantage over air, so air users have an incentive to give up their vaunted agility for firepower, instead of getting both with the justification being rubbish AA implementation.
    And don't make me laugh, the AH isn't particularly hard to use for AI.
  17. Scr1nRusher

Its a VS weapon.

And VS never ever have or abuse something that is OP. /s
    • Up x 2
  18. Flag

As if TR and NC don't abuse their **** when it's OP ...

... Ohwaittheydo.
  19. Geddes

you shoulda seen the 2013 airhammer, huehuehue. 2015 airhammer is just fine, go try to farm infantry for a while with an esf and AH and then say its overpowered.
  20. Scr1nRusher

Nuclear Salt detected.