[Suggestion] To all Infiltrators that snipe

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by IronMouse, Jul 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IronMouse

Pitting yourself vs intelligent players? How, by staying out of their viewing range? By sniping them while they're preoccupied with taking the base over? Sounds to me they don't even turn their attention to you, so you're "pitting" them by stabbing them in the back, with little chances for them to fight back because who cares about one lonely, camping sniper? Or ten, for that matter. You're just an annoyance which doesn't have any weight in the battlefield.

And laziness? LA? Lol. A cliffside camper calls me lazy. Good one.
  2. IronMouse

Another formulation of what I have said. But no matter how reasonable people put it, zealots will stay zealots.
  3. IronMouse

I am not frustrated, not even slightly. If any of you forum&cliffside-warriors would bother reading the whole thread, you'd see that snipers actually get in my way rarely. How can they be a threat? And THAT'S exactly my POINT. YOU are USELESS.

As far as my personal dislike for cliffside campers with 6x+ zoom goes, I'll admit it's annoying getting hit by one out of nowhere. But you do no real damage. It's like an annoying fly buzzing around your head, all you have to do is wave your hand and it goes away. Analogy is - I just move slightly, and a remote camper loses his/her sight of me. I'm not frustrated because you people are OP in any way. You are just a sad, useless lot. And THAT'S the problem here. You take away from the fun factor of the game.

I have nothing to blame myself about. I didn't design the game. And this is not the make-or-break issue of the game, certainly. But overall it adds up, little by little, to all of the problems PS2 is facing. Resolving this would be one step in the right direction.

How do you "address" these kind of situations, pardon you? :D You... Re-program the game by yourself? What the heck are you even talking about? You are taking things out of context. Good God...
  4. IronMouse

It IS a fact. And I've done all the learning there is to be done, thank you.
  5. IronMouse

Jet-pack is easily heard from miles away.

Anyone can shoot you from unexpected angles. That's why you need situational awareness.

You have the time to react and shoot back. I need line of sight to shoot at you, thus you have the opportunity to shoot at me. I am near you, clearly visible, with a huge red dot showing on your mini-map - everything unlike cliffside campers.

My kill streaks mean a lot, especially with my EXP/Min and K/D ratio. Yes, I am proud of it. No, I'm not an elitist, I am happy my play-style gives results. It DOES mean I get stuff done, it is not stat padding because I play for objectives. Playing for objectives + getting lots of kills while staying alive longer = getting important stuff done. Remember that equation.

I do play a HA as well on my TR (exclusively LA on VS and NC). I'm on the ground. I'll take you on any time you like. On the ground. On another note, I encounter lots and lots of other LA while playing my own. I get shot at from unexpected angles too, you know?

Your sarcasm is just... As pointless, as your cliffside tactics.
    • Up x 1
  6. pnkdth

Good lord, you're like a walking self-parody. Total lack of self-awareness.
    • Up x 1
  7. Jubikus

Heres another if im getting your opinion right on snipers it could be summed up as

20M = [IMG]

100M =[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  8. IronMouse

Hahahahah, you made me laugh out loud. Good one, good one. :D Right on spot. ;)

Edit: I'm still laughing. :)
  9. IronMouse

And you are some random guy spilling random cr*p. Don't bring insults into the conversation, random guy. You are of no concern to me. Begone, disappear. Go back to your cliff. :)
  10. Jubikus

BTW Suggestion kind of works for this thread but i think PSA would have been more appropriate.
  11. CJLogan

I started out as infiltrator, did a lot of sniping short and long range, but it got old quickly and these days I rarely snipe until a situation requires it. While I admit that they are not the most useful of classes, there ARE situations when an infiltrator comes in very handy - the fact that you refuse to see it, in spite of all arguments, suggests you're here to win an argument by mere stubborn insistence and ignoring/insulting those that disagree, rather than engaging in a constructive argument. That's not very nice y'know.

There are situations when every single class and vehicle become an annoyance and are extremely difficult to counter, which does not mean it's impossible nor that they should be removed from the game. If you don't want to take the extra effort to address the threat, then simply evade it - it's your choice, not something that devs should "fix". The fact that not all classes (or weapons for that matter) are useful in all situations does not mean they should be removed.

OK, but if they're not even a threat, why are we even discussing this and how exactly do they take away from your fun factor when they rarely get in your way?

Presenting emotionally charged opinions as facts and and treating argumentative replies as emotional backlash does not win arguments - it frustrates people until they give up. Frequently contradicting oneself and resorting to insults only reinforces this and puts one's maturity into question. I don't mind discussing anything and love a constructive argument, but you sir simply do not make for one.
  12. IronMouse

I insulted no one.

I haven't seen a single argument. Care to provide one? I did. I am constructive. You are the one being stubborn right this moment, insisting I am something that I'm not and that I do something I do not. Offense is the best defense - your motto?

We are discussing it because, whenever I pass by a friendly sniper, I think to myself how useless they are and wonder why they don't actually do something to help our faction win the battle. On the other hand, whenever I get shot by a sniper, I... Well my reaction would best be described as rolling my eyes. To sum it all up, we are discussing this because cliffside snipers are useless. No one should be useless.

And please, I am getting the impression that some of you believe I criticize all of the Infiltrators. I am very clear about this - CLIFFSIDE, CAMPER, SNIPERS. Fix? Maximum 4x scopes.
  13. BrbImAFK

FTFY
    • Up x 2
  14. eldarfalcongravtank

i am an Engineer that snipes

Archy4Life

ready4MLG

yeah take dat m8! didn expekt dat huh?
    • Up x 1
  15. Pureblood

What I gathered from this topic from 3 pages is regular forum behaviour. Guy makes a topic, expresses his opinion, then bunch of pro mlg guys rush in to defend the game (woops it's class in this case, but really it's just about one playstyle) as their life would depend on it. They start arguing about how OP is noob and how can he possibly die in various situations, while in reality all of them die the same way regularly when they play the game, but of course they are forum warriors and thus they must act like they are total badass and their opinions are the one that matters, because they are magically resistant to snipers... They move across the battlefield, avoiding all the snipers, they never stop, they just keep moving and shooting and crushing all the scrubs. So, OP and forum warriors argue for a bit until they get bored or are out of arguments, so they start calling op troll and whiner.
  16. Stormsinger

I have no issues with Snipers, save for the ones that camp vehicle terminals. Using UI lag to yoink kills is obnoxious. If you stand there at the terminal for three minutes configuring, you are inviting a 50 cal round to the left nostril. Running up to a terminal, hitting the spawn button on your shiny new vehicle_01 and getting shot before it can spawn, still costing you nanites... that's a bug, which should be addressed in some manner.

The only thing I would really like vs Snipers, is a suit slot option that reduces damage from headshots. Having no way to mitigate this is irritating (Much like scout radar is for infiltrators - I don't count Implants as a viable option, due to cost / limitations of the implant) I'd gladly wear an armored bucket for a hat instead of a bandolier, nanoweave, flack, etc in some situations - having the choice would be nice. Put glowing stripes to let Snipers know who is protected, or perhaps add scoped-in notifications for when armor is detected on targets in crosshairs.
    • Up x 3
  17. CJLogan

I am not sure why you see me as someone on the "offense" because I'm not fighting you - I'm trying to explain that to have a case, arguments must be factual, rather than subjective such as "I think to myself how useless they are" or "cliffside snipers are useless". You repeat your opinion over and over, and even though it is your job to provide arguments for your case, you provide NONE whatsoever. In spite of this, some courteous people have provided ample factual evidence to prove that your OPINIONS do not coincide with reality, which you readily, and perhaps a bit rudely, ignore.

Other than being telepathic, you can't know who those snipers are shooting at. Good snipers prioritize shooting medics, which most certainly has great effect on any battle. Claiming they're useless without knowing what they're actually doing means your "argument" is a generalization based on opinion rather than facts. I don't love infiltrators, I love the game as a whole so I have no emotional investment in this - I would readily agree with any reasonable case built on factual arguments, but yours is resting on crooked foundations at the moment.
    • Up x 2
  18. Whatupwidat

So...they're so useless they kill you?

Seems like they're doing their job - punishing the complacent and camping rooftop LA's who shoot down at people's backs and C4 fairy vehicles ;)
  19. CJLogan

See OP, THIS is a well constructed proposal with ample reasoning and arguments to back it up. It made me think and it's something I'd readily consider (seriously Stormsinger, nice one). He didn't need to repeat it neither XD Cheers.
    • Up x 1
  20. Dualice

I interpreted OP's complaints as directed towards the camping/stat-padding snipers that offer nothing to their team or the present combat situation. I.e. the "brainless" ones. I don't think he was addressing the ones that attempt to use (and/or successfully implement) strategy, flanking, intelligent placement, etc. etc..
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.