new LMG's?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RedArmy, May 27, 2015.

1. Copasetic

There are only 4 carbines in the game with 0.75 ADS, one per empire plus one NS.

An HA with his overshield on using a 0.75 LMG will move and strafe faster than a Light Assault using almost any carbine. Yo, that's ridiculous.
    • Up x 1
  2. DQCraze

VS heavies lead across the board, there is a reason...besides removing .75 ads is just speculation, they could be increasing the damage to 200.
  3. OldMaster80

I bet on a generic balance pass for LMGs but in general yeah, my personal feeling is many of those are performing definitely too well.

I've always found ironic how many claim HA to be Op because of the shield, while I believe big part of this is just they have superior weapons.
  4. qiray12

How is a heavy with overshield adsing faster then a LA? Wut.
  5. Dgross

That's a load of crap.
    The Orion fires just as fast as any TR lmg

There are no "faction traits". It's a silly made up term to make us think the game actually has faction diversity.
    • Up x 1
  6. sindz

Im so glad that people in here, especially the TR guys are not in charge of balance. They wan't all the good toys for themselves and have no clue that the game needs balance to work. Holy **** the kiddy rage towards other empires shines through you guys.
    • Up x 2
  7. Leftconsin

If you were as bad a player as I am you would rage too, mate.
  8. sindz

you won't even get anything out of me with the pathetic troll attempts.

Keep thinking all yours guns are the worst and the VS and NC have the only good guns in the game. ´Jesus.
  9. orangejedi829

Pls buff Gauss SAW.
    PLS
  10. Darthjackn

First off I would like to say you can't really nerf tbe Betelgeuse without ruining the weapon. Also for you people out there who say put ROF on Sva-88 down to 652, you can't do that without changing the gun entirely otherwise it would just be a worse Polaris.
  11. Darthjackn

Also what I have seen is that people only don't like the Betelgeuse because if unlimited ammo and if you were to take that away you would then need to buff the magazine size of the Betelgeuse to 65-70 bullets.
  12. sindz

Dont sweat it, there is a reason people on this forum aren't even looked at by the devs or even are remotely close to getting any of their "ideas" considered. :)
  13. Darthjackn

:)
  14. Copasetic

Various people have calculated it out, here's one example.
    • Up x 1
  15. nehylen

I question the calculation on its own, as unless stated by devs or tested with frame analysis, there's no way to know if the two -25% movement penalties are multiplicative (=56% movement speed) or additive (=50% movement speed).
    Not that it changes much in practice, but for the sake of the argument, that might matter.
  16. Pikachu

Maybe NC will get a 250 damage 400rpm LMG. Same dps as nc6. :)
  17. Taemien

I'm sorry dude, but I'm not going to believe that. Their other LMGs are just utter crap. NC has options, not great options.. but options none the less. The Gauss SAW is in a class of its own at 200 damage. EM6 is extremely accurate at decent ranges, the GD22 is amazing mid range (its low RoF makes it bloom less), and people love the Anchor for some reason or another.

The Orion and Carv excel in Close Quarters over NC LMGs because of DPS and TTK. DPSwise NC doesn't go beyond 1670. Most are around 1600. The Orion is 1787. That means even if we get the drop on someone, if they start firing half a second after we do, they win through attrition.

This is why personally I use the Cyclone SMG. Its 1814 DPS ensures trading shots means I come out on top. It has better hipfiring accuracy than any LMG saving more precious half seconds (5 shots per, for 835 damage).

Now if they were to give NC an actual 1787 DPS LMG, I won't turn it down. I've advocated for the EM1 (our worse LMG) to get a 200 damage model with a ROF of 536. Or even 167, with a RoF 642. If it stays at 143, then jump it to 750 like the Orion and Carv.

But the moment NC gets a 1787 DPS LMG is the day VS and TR cries for nerfs left and right.
  18. FocusLight

I'm sure you have all the arguments and objective proof available to prove this to be the case, yeah?

If you don't kindly shut it. I for one am sick and tired of this kind of hollow reply from people. It goes like this:

"[Insert faction] has X Y Z gear that is sub-par compared to [insert faction] and here is my argument for why this is, these stats vs these other stats and these statistics for effectiveness and use and etc. and because of this I'm sure these sub par things need to be boosted, I'd like a change to Z Y X stats etc."

Like it or not, sick of it or not, that IS in fact an argument, backed and supported. It could still be perfectly wrong, the OP might be reading his stats wrong, or being biased on what stats are shown, or don't understand how the stats impact the gear in question or whatever. But it is, ultimately, a good argument because it constructs a simple narrative and back that with more than your own say-so.

The reply to that, like the one you made?

"SHUT UP! I am so tired of people from [insert faction] complaining about [insert topic at hand] and I am glad you are not in charge of balancing because you are such [insert derogatory term]."

This is not an argument, it's not even a response to an argument. It's meaningless white noise - you are whining about someone daring to complain and/or argue about something, it's not even a response to the arguments or complains themselves.

Complaining that the other person complains is not worth anything, hell at least if you had said to the complainant "You are wrong about X because of Y factor affecting Z argument in this and this way, thus you are getting the base of your argument wrong."

At least that would be a response, engaging with the original position. DO THAT INSTEAD, if you wish, otherwise please stop whining about someone's whining, it's absolutely not helping at all.
  19. Rogueghost

They should keep it on the NS-15m, the gun already has very little going for it.
  20. Littleman

EM1 really should get converted to either the 167 or 200 model with 1787ish DPS. I let slide the Orion's RPM, because I'm hoping for an 850+ RPM 125 damage per shot LMG for the TR.