New Weapon Cert Prices are an insult.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kaitos, May 19, 2015.

1. Antillie

I am pointing out that the changes are perfectly reasonable and that compared to the price of a typical shooter, getting started in Planetside 2 is ridiculously cheap.

And you can still go the totally free route if you want. Its not like you actually need to unlock any guns to play the game and do well. Other than the NC6 Gauss SAW all of the starter guns are great. And even that one is amazing once you learn how to use it properly.
  2. Shiaari

Saokeh, did the real money cost of the game increase or decrease?
    • Up x 1
  3. Shiaari

Unfortunately for you those hairs are very important.
  4. BloodyG

It's getting to stupid for me, the game will die anyway on PC.
    The PS4 crowd is naive and gets mommy's credit card so the new shenanigans will work with them i guess, do you have a PS4 yet? If not better buy it because you wont have much fun from now on on PC.

Have a nice day tool.
    • Up x 1
  5. Hatesphere

someone is angry and hyperbolic. Keep doom saying though, I love a good sandwitch board rant, from a player that doesn't even play.
  6. BloodyG

another ****** joined the ranks of the lapdogs... how many of them will come out of their closet...
    • Up x 2
  7. Hatesphere

ah hyperbole, nothing gets me going in the morning like hyperbole.
  8. Saokeh

I can't explain this any more clear. If they drive up FREE currency to make money from REAL currency, it is price gouging. It does not, nor has it ever been limited to dollar amounts. Read a book.
    • Up x 1
  9. Antillie

You mad bro?

The PS4 crowd may have mommies credit card but the PC crowd has jobs and lots of disposable income. How do you think we afford nice gaming PCs instead of being stuck on consoles like a bunch of scrubs?
  10. BloodyG

Wow you work? You can take orders and fulfil them? Damn you must be a smart son of a *****!
    • Up x 1
  11. Antillie

Technically that is market manipulation. Which is not the same. Price gouging requires an exploitation of artificial or actual scarcity in the market. Certs are not more scarce, in fact they are much more common at the lower BRs now.

The majority of the things that are actually worth getting with certs, scopes, C4, medkits, vehicle chassis and defense/utility slotupgrades, nanowave, ect, cost the same as they did before so demand for certs hasn't changed much either. Guns are an edge case when it comes to the cert economy as there isn't much reason to unlock any right away when you start playing and buying two or three or eight with real money is still much cheaper than buying a typical shooter title.
  12. Antillie

You mad bro? You must be mad. All those personal attacks.
  13. AxiomInsanity87

PC master race and console peasants are in the same league.

The real master race utilises both platforms for different game types and levels of play. It also recognises that the whole 'console kiddie' thing is totally moot seen as PC gaming now allows even complete idiots to take part.
  14. BloodyG

Yes i get angry when people come in with a stupid reply without really saying anything but attack the massager, so i shove them their opinion in their butts...
    • Up x 1
  15. Antillie

Funny you should say that.
  16. Saokeh

Certs are not easier to get outside of a subscription. Market manipulation depicts a fixed currency or sustainable value and distorting it from them. The only changing variable is the Cert currency. Meaning if they raise the price a lot it never actually changed the market as whole since real currency is apart of it. If both prices go up, yes it's market manipulation. If one does and the other does not, its gouging.
    • Up x 1
  17. Lucidius134

All these people saying free players don't matter: Enjoy playing by yourself with no players to even fill a continent.

p.s i'm a paying player
    • Up x 2
  18. Stargazer86

Free players are ungrateful leeching scumbags and should consider themselves lucky for just being allowed to play this glorious game.

On the flip side, paying players are no-skilled wallet warriors that toss money at every little helmet and bauble because they're Daybreak's living monkey puppets.

So really, the only winning move is not to play.
    • Up x 2
  19. Pay2WinSucks

that's pretty self serving of you bud. Some of us did throw in a few bucks in the game. We also want to see the game grow, not shrink due to painfully stupid cash grabs from the company and the increasingly toxic community of spoiled brats that can't stop flaming others who dare to complain.
    "Oh the horror! Someone is questioning something! Quick! Let's insult them because we can't have anyone point out a problem. Heavens no! That might cause something to be fixed."

Seriously get over yourselves kids (or adults with the mental age of a kid). You guys have some serious ego problems. You know what... I'm wasting my time here. Some of you brats are too dimwitted and too self absorb to ever grow out of it. Go ahead have the game your way. Feel free to insult me all you want and belittle my comments here. I really don't care. I wont even read them. :)
    • Up x 3
  20. Antillie

So an extra 1500 certs for new players doesn't make certs easier to get? Really?

Also it is market manipulation. Guns cost more certs, guns that are totally optional and might as well not be there to begin with. They are monkeying with the conversion rate between certs and daybreak cash without using scarcity or demand to influence prices. This disqualifies it as price gouging and clearly classifies it as market manipulation. And since the unlockable guns are optional and not needed to play the game and do well who cares what they cost, its not like you need them.

It is obviously designed to encourage people to spend money to buy guns by increasing the cert value of daybreak cash. The best real word example might be foreign currency markets and exchange rate manipulation by national governments.

By contrast an example of price gouging would be gas stations charging 10x their normal prices for gas during a large power outage so they can make extra money on all the people running generators. In this US this sort of this is illegal.