The Vulcan is

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ATRA_Wampa-One, Dec 18, 2014.

1. Pikachu

I want tp try the new vulcan before it geta nerfed again but my graphics card decided to go potato so here im sitting with an emergancy 5+ year old card. :mad:
  2. lothbrook

Give it time, once prowlers realize they can dominate close and long distances with lockdown and a vulcan, they'll never look back, as i said, the Vulcan was already the best close ranged AV weapon now its completely dominate at close range and decent medium range.
  3. Goretzu

One certainly ripped my Lightning a new one today, not sure if it's too powerful or not though, have to see.
  4. WarmasterRaptor

So we compare : (Purely theoretical work here with 100% accuracy, against rear armor)

Tanks : 4000 health

Vulcan, spin up time 90 bullets x 167 in 10 meters (125 after 95m) = 15030 damage ( 11250)
    With armor piercing machine type multiplier against MBTs of 41% for Magrider and 43% for Vanguard.

So that 15030 gets descreased to (rounded)
    Mag: 8867 (6638)
    Van : 8567 (6413)

Then furthermore reduced by 30% each (rear armors reduction that all MBTs have)

So Maggie : 6207 = dead
    Vanny : 5997 =dead

Saron 6 bullets, always 250 direct hit damage + 200 indirect (450) = 2700 damage output.
    Medium anti-armor ordnance. -50%. increased to 4050

4050 VS rear armor : 2835 = survive (Both targets MBT) add a 3sec reload for a kill.

Enforcer with 8 bullets, 450 + 334 indirect (784) = 6272
    Medium anti-armor ordnance. -50%. increased to 9408.

Apply rear armor again : 6586. Both MBT dead

So, the outcry that Vulcan is OP should also apply to a perfect aimed rear armor attack of the Enforcer too...

Halberd 800+ 400 indirect : 1200 medium av : 1800, then rear : 1260. 4 shots to kill.

Only with numbers like that, in the theory crafting mindset, we can only see that the Saron isn't strong enough for AV duty for a one clip kill. As the Halberd is.

Ref :
    http://planetside.wikia.com/wiki/Vehicle_armor_and_damage_resistance
    http://planetside.wikia.com/wiki/G30_Vulcan/Harasser
    http://planetside.wikia.com/wiki/Saron_HRB/Harasser
    http://planetside.wikia.com/wiki/Enforcer_ML85/Harasser
    http://planetside.wikia.com/wiki/E540_Halberd/Harasser

Thoughts?
    • Up x 4
  5. WarmasterRaptor

C'mon my old GT9600 still handles PS2 with everything on low/off except graphics and texture at medium :p what's yours?
  6. NoctD

Ugh... UPGRADE NOW! I'm on a 660 Ti and wishing I had a GTX 970... not that I'm having any problems running PS2 performance wise though.

9600GT is so like PS1?
    • Up x 1
  7. GoyoElGringo

A buggy with a turret should have to run from a heavy tank. Not every freaking vehicles in the game should be able to kill every other vehicle. This game seems to be balanced so no one has to stray too far from their comfort zone.
  8. WarmasterRaptor

I'll see what I get for Christmas and then might gift myself a new card if needed :p
    I'd like to see more beauties in game.
    • Up x 1
  9. Flag

MBTs/Tanks don't take indirect damage.
    C4/Mines excluded of course.

But from vehicle mounted guns, it's only the direct that matters. The splash is there to establish the number of shots required to kill infantry and MAXes (so AI and AV can be "tuned" separately).

Yeah but we're comparing harassers aren't we?
    And 12? Hm, odd. Before the patch it was 12 to make it burn in the deep red (after which burning would kill you sooner rather than later), but with enough time to make a reload and a 13th shot be faster than waiting for the vehicle to die on it's own.
    Did you triple-check to ensure the Lighting wasn't pre-damaged?
  10. sindz

Ahahahah, the pathetic attempts by TR in this thread to defend their new beyond OP broken toy is unreal. Holy ****, never seen so many bad arguments and reaches in my life, not even when people defended the striker when it clipped through terrain and was homing x 1000.

The vulcan is broken, the amount of damage in can out put in 1 clip or in simple amount of time, no other AV comes close to. Mind you, this is coupled with the highest DPS main cannon in the game which makes it ultra broken.

Please TR, don't kid yourselves anymore.
  11. SirStressALot

So if a poor nc shotgun max can one clip a tr max. Its just fair we can one clip now your tanks. Stop crying, babies. Really... The vulcan was so unaccurate before. Everyone with a Prowler who wanted to go vs anti tanks, puts a halberd ontop of his tank. I have so many playtime to confirm this. I know how accurate the saron and enforcer is, and the vulcan was just a joke compared to them. Now its more fair. But the nc and vanu always crying. First the banshee nerf now you want the tr's special faction weapon to get nerfed back again? Really scr*** you. I cant hear the whine anymore.
    • Up x 4
  12. desktop

The new vulcan is nice and powerful. Hitting every shot the prowler out preforms both the mag and the vanguard. I have won several fights that before the patch i wouldnt of had a hope in. I really like the change but im TR, being on the receiving end probably is probably just as painful as it has been going up against shielded ap enforcer vanguards over the last year.

The G30 equivalent for the valkyrie should be upgraded the same way the vulcan has. Its 600rpm 60/420 and a 3.5 second reload. The valkyrie in general could use some more love.
  13. Thornefear

Ok so it took one clip,

It also took a fairly long time. I've seen harassers die faster than that. Boohoo, TR has something to fight vehicles with now, we still have to get close as ****.

If your ears aren't open for the harassers or your allies aren't firing them, that's not our fault.
  14. Flag

Saron too has to get close to do proper damage.

... so, buff Saron HRB then?
    • Up x 1
  15. Thornefear

Hey look almost all rear armor shots...............
  16. Thornefear

Saron still performs really well against vehicles at all ranges.

But if you want to make an issue of it, sure why not.

It's not like TR has any other non NS ability to take out enemy vehicles. I'd rather have an enemy with extra buffs than not have a tool critical to a job.

When I play VS I have anti-vehicle tools. When I play NC, I have plenty. When I play TR.... I have an NS Annihiliator, or I can challenge myself and use the pounders (which is fun, but really doesn't pay off).

Try calculating certs based off how much someone has to pay to respond to Vehicles. I don't complain about stuff alot, but don't try to take away tools.
  17. NoctD

The Prowler Vulcan is still stupid bad... its got no range to it... the COF is just way too much. With the slow projectiles and low elevation, it isn't even much use in self defense against ESFs, cause all they gotta do is hover above your angle of fire. Good luck trying to hit moving ones with the slow projectile, stutter start and COF. A stock Basilisk is better really, in every which way.

Its time SOE just made the Prowler Vulcan into something Fracture-like at least. Probably like a 12-shot Enforcer-like launcher would work - same projectile velocity, capable of full auto fire, less damage per shot of course.
    • Up x 1
  18. Flag

And the vulcan was just fine on the Harasser before this buff, just like the Saron was/is.

Didn't seem to matter, it got buffed anyway.
    • Up x 1
  19. Leeloo

I wish there was an option to Report a comment for sheer stupidity :D there are so many here.

The best thing about vehicle fights was that TTK was longer than infantry play. Those who do not have CS:GO and MLG wiring can still have some fun time lobbing shells at each other, even in CQC.

Now, most of the posts defending the new Vulcan videos argue about the victim being clueless. I played all day today mostly driving a magrider. I haven't been able to escape any of the Vulcan attacks be it harrassers or prowlers.

Two things were evident: Harrassers did not give a puck about my/our shooting them, they knew we will die faster. Prowlers did not even bother to turn the main gun, letting the Vulcan take care of the nuisance we became.

Most of the time, the game simply announces that you are half dead already, before you can actually hear the Vulcan and feel the damage. Low TTK and Clientside means you will get a post humus story of how you died. This was always frustrating while playing infantry, now it is creeping into the vehicle play as well.

Most of you TR post what you believe (or want to believe) and not actual experience. Go sit in a mag while a harrasser ambushes you. Hell even if can see him coming from a 100 meters, it is still hard to hit one flying at full speed. Then watch as they laugh and chew you up KNOWING you can't beat them in damage. Once you experience this, you will know instantly whether it is OP or not.

Yet, I still believe that the Magrider's strafing is the most OP ability you can have and I would not trade it for anything ;)
  20. Takara

Because neither you or any TR complained about the PPA.....oooooooh right...yea you did. But never mind that your thing is now way above the level of the other two AV weapons...and now you defend it. I'm not surprised at all.

I would trade the 'vanu no bulletdrop' for the TR's extra 10 bullets per clip!
    • Up x 1