Developer Thread: New Scopes and Sights

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RadarX, Sep 30, 2014.

1. TheBloodEagle

I'm glad you don't work for a game development company or else everything would be half *****, "good enough" for years.
  2. Thesweet

Oh I'm sorry, was I supposed to get excited about re-skinned reticles? Core gameplay is boring but, yay! reticles n such.
  3. Bazmatties

What happened to infrared and night vision scopes for carbines?
  4. MrMilitaryDude

I have quickly browsed through this thread and so I might have missed this, but I think the vehicle optics need to be "fixed". Real world tanks, etc. have built-in multi-viewing capabilities. So once I "unlock" the different zoom optics multipliers, night vision optics, and thermal optics I should be able to cycle through the zoom options or switch (on-the-fly) between normal optics, night vision, and thermal optics. Honestly, what is up with having to requisition a whole new tank just to get a different set of optics on my vehicle weapon loadout?

Just saying...this is a futuristic game. Let's at least bring it up to real-world standards.

Thank you.
  5. Problem Officer

What'd be neat in addition to new reticles... Custom ones.
    Buy a customizable-marked sight or scope with the magnification and model you want.
    Drag, drop, autoalign various shapes into your own design, with a limit.
    Lines, chevrons, dots and logos, add numbers and change colors.
    Certs get all the basics, with color choices from a basic palette and rounded numbers from a droplist,
    for the gun you purchase the scope model on.
    SC gets full RGB colors, typed-in numbers, aesthetic logos/stickers
    and unlocks the scope's custom model on all guns that have it.
    • Up x 1
  6. LightningPro

Especially for NS Weapons I hate the new Visions.
    I used 1X on NS-11A and the new one with this useless "Frame" around is worse compared to
    the old NC styled one. The 2X is looking also worse to me.
  7. Tectonik

I think the NS dot sight dots are way too big and obscure enemy heads and triangles at most ranges.Also any chance of returning the yellow circle and t-dot sight for TR to how they were?T-dot is too big and should be green, while the yellow circle should be a complete circle or it interferes with slugs.You see, when I use slugs, I use the yellow circle and align the lower part of the circle with the enemy's knees.At almost any range(-40m) that's a hit and under 40m it's not a problem anyway.I can even headshot immobile targets like this.As for the T-dot it was unique because it was green and small, allowing for high precision shots even with my lynx and MSW-R(Sorry if I messed up the name).TERRAN and Open Cross also need another revision.The Open Cross was better before and I still can't find a use for the "TERRAN" sight.VS sights also need to become a little more visible.Most other TR sight have seen big improvement in this update and many of them have become much more useful.As for the new 3.4 chevron THAT was a HUGE improvement.Keep it up with those, please just look at the T-dot and yellow circle one more time.Cheers :)
  8. Plorf

Might as well post in this thread instead of making a new topic...

Would be nice to see empire-specific models for the HS/NV scopes. It's great that NS weapons got their own scopes, but I think it's time for other factions to get the NS scope replaced with a more unique one. And while we're at it some green night vision scopes would be awesome to see as well. I want to put shiny purple optics on my Vanu guns pls!