Medic Directive Armor Savior/ Medic kills should be reduced.

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by gnometheft, Aug 20, 2014.

1. Moz

I totally see your points there!

The point im trying to make is you shouldnt earn them passively. So with your example with the medic heal / shield / revive, you are actually switching up your play style in order to farm up these ribbons hence not earning them passivley.

What i am saying with the kills, is that just getting kills as you normally would souldnt complete all your directives. You should have to switch up what your doing a bit in order to earn them.

A good way to earn saviour ribbons for example is to support a MAX / engi. MAXs start giving you savior ribbons when they get to half HP so you have a greater margin to earn some ribbons. This example, you are still playing very simular just with a slant on a specifc role (hence not passive).

Difficult to explain what i mean, hope you get what im trying to say! :D
    • Up x 1
  2. TheKhopesh

I see what you're saying.
    Thank you for clarifying, that's far more clear than what I initially thought you meant.

As for the savior kills, Saviors are actually a pain to farm for, as it requires you interrupt a battle at just the right time.
    Your window of opportunity is tiny.

Kill the target too soon, and he won't have done enough damage to the ally, too late and you don't get a kill.

I really wish that they'd either just reduce the medic kills to around 400 to 500 or replace it entirely.
  3. Arek_PL

why turn down or remove medic kills? i meet so many enemy medic in every fight alslo enemy commonly run into me (90% of my gametime is combat medic) so they get medic kills too only savior kills are realy bad

idea about healing kill assist is better than savior kills this will make shield regen and aoe regen more usefull
  4. cruczi

Basically, the Medic directive promotes a playstyle where you intentionally let your teammate take damage just so you can "save" him. Reminds me of a joke from my childhood where you would push someone to throw off his balance, then immediately grab him so he would regain his balance, and say "Gotcha!"

Playing my standard medic playstyle, perhaps 5% of my kills are savior kills, if that. I've got the kills and healing ribbons objectives done for the silver tier but still 2/3 of savior kills to go - I expect I'll be able to finish the enemy medic kills objective first. Revive ribbons on the other hand are awarded so incredibly rarely that I don't even bother focusing on reviving, it's pointlessly slow. I would cut the required revives per ribbon in half, and the required savior kills in 1/3
    • Up x 1
  5. Arek_PL

i got both revive and healing ribbons without problems just upgrade your medical amplicator and go to big fight like the crown (attacking side) on indar evrybody drop here like flies and in places where you can reach them without risk just watch out for lightings and inflitrators
  6. cruczi

Yes, if I focus my playstyle purely around reviving people and actively seek zones where there are lots of corpses, then I will get revive ribbons fairly fast. But only then. If I play my normal medic game, healing ribbons are awarded several times more frequently. I don't particularly like the idea of having to grind and repeat one ultra boring action just to complete one objective, when other objectives in the directive are completed on their own without requiring me to grind for them.
  7. TheKhopesh

Yeah, honestly, I think it would be best if they just scratch savior kills all together.
    • Up x 1
  8. TheKhopesh

Maybe replace savior kills with kill assists (requiring 600-800 assists at the final directive tier), and lower medic kills to 400.
    That seems like a more reasonable setup for a medic.

Quite often I find that I tend to rescue people more by pelting the enemies hoping to get a kill, but more often only succeeding in forcing a retreat, before I go to rez someone.
    It helps to lessen the heat on that area for a few precious seconds while the newly revived friendly(s) shields regenerate, and they have a moment to take in their surroundings.

This often leads to a decent sum of assists, but very few savior or medic kills ever result from the regular actions -such as this- of a medic.

Assist kills really fit in well with support classes.

So Engineers could also use assists in place of, say, sticky grenade kills.
    (Stickies really should be under explosives instead. I understand heavies having to get AV grenade kills, as AV's are unique amongst grenades in their ability to damage armor. But sticky grenades just adhere on impact, they really aren't terribly unique in the grand scheme of things).

Lets face it, engies already have a heck of a tough time with getting Auraxium on both the AI and AV mana turrets, they really don't need to tack on another 1,200 kills on top of that! :)
  9. JediNinja

Hell yeah, brother!

Though in reality the Bandolier is not that bad a choice for the medic. Giving that we are often father from combat, the more defensive based armor slots are not as nessacary as they would be for other classes. And I've found that having 3-4 revive grenades are awesome in big fight, particulary tower or biolab fights. Of course extra frags are nice for some kills, just don't forget which you have equiped. Might end up pretty bad.
  10. Psionic Storm

I think the medic directive is fine as it is. Nothing to gripe about. I'm planning on being the first to achieve all 3 faction's Medic Directive and the directive comes easy enough as it is.
  11. Halkesh

Add "heal assist ribbon" to the combat medic directives.

Also make "kill enemy medic" and "savior kill" don't need you to be necessarily a medic. (you should be able to complete this while been any class, include MAXes and vehicles.)
    • Up x 1
  12. Aeravic

I created my NC alt character and tested for this. I reached 800 medic kills and completed the medic directive shortly after auraxiuming 5 assault rifles.
  13. [K29C] Gwennec

The directive requirements are fine as they are, they don't need to be reduced.

It's good to have a couple of more challenging goals as the rest will quickly be completed just by performing basic medic duties.
    If there wasn't something at all challenging then almost every medic on Planetside would have the directive armour unlocked. This would completely defeat the point of gaining the auraxium armour for this class.

If you're struggling for savior kills, just grab a long ranged rifle (ex. TR's SABR-13), hold back and cover your squad. They'll come in very quickly.