[Suggestion] I want my Certs back... Another Striker Thread...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Mhorlok, Oct 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sternn58

Really, so a few guys on Esamir took potshots at you with their T2 Strikers? How many times did they kill your Mag, Flag? I could shoot you with my repeater and probably have the same effect they did.
    • Up x 1
  2. Flag

There was 1 striker, and it was also the only one who hit me.
    Every Skep, Annihilator, Descimator and ML-7 missed (might even have been some Grounders, I don't know why people would dumb-fire that at tanks in that situation).

So yes, if they had actually used it they just might have made a reasonable dent in my HP bar. But they didn't.
    Their loss.
  3. sternn58

I'm guessing that means the Striker did jack squat to your tank. With the damage output the T2 Striker currently possess, you would have had to have gotten out of your Mag and walked away in order for them to be able to hurt it. Really, play your TR character and make a video showing how great the Striker is. Until then I'll believe my own experience with it.
    • Up x 2
  4. Chrispin

You mind explaining to me this "point defense" niche that the Striker has? Like I said, it is not an aircraft deterrent. Any damage that the Striker deals where the Lancer can't is completely irrelevant because in the end it's still not enough to deter air vehicles much less kill them.

Against ground vehicles there is literally nothing the Striker can do better than a Lancer, so I don't see how you are coming up with the notion that it's a "point defense" weapon.
  5. DatVanuMan

Bro. I'll be honest.
    I never used a PPA in my life. CHECK MY DAMNED STATS, and you'll see what I mean;)
  6. Mxiter

why not using vehicles resistances/damages multipliers then?? Like they did it for the lancer & the Nix.

I'm okay for different mechanics but why one ESRL have different treatment and different purpose?
  7. Mxiter

You clearly didn't even bother to trial the new striker and certainly didn't even tried it in RV, you don't know what you're talking about.

You must have saw raid trailer in the sky an thought: "what a strong weapon!"
    right?
    • Up x 1
  8. Mxiter

It indeed looks have damage multipliers.

But still looks underwhelming at damage over time compared to others launchers (Nix and Lancer included wich was my point).

Just to tell that this new striker is an insult to TR ppl: even the post nerfed striker (wich was supposed to need a buff) was better.

Can't wait the next uppdate.
  9. Archiadus

Weapon X doesn't deserve to be useful because our weapon Y was useless for a long time!

And soon we'll all be shooting marshmallows and water balloons. :(
    • Up x 1
  10. Goretzu

The data I've seen shows:

The Lancer is the best ESRL at AV (by a way).
    The Striker 2.0 was the best ESRL at AA (by a way).
    The Pheonix is the best ESRL at AI (by a way).

Sure the Pheonix has slightly more kills, but the majority of it's kills were actually AI and AA or AV and AI has to be weighted differently in this context.

So if you want an ESRL that does AI (but poor AI compared to anything else) take a Phoenix.
    If you want an ESRL that does AV take a Lancer.
    If you wanted and ESRL that is AA take a Sriker 2.0 (we'll have to see how the Striker 3.0 works out).

So where is the data showing the Phoenix is the best vehcile killer?
  11. Mxiter

To really feel how it's works, use the QCX Hunter with explosives darts and try to hit aircrafts.

http://stats.dasanfall.com/ps2/items/weapons/subtype/rocket launcher

Phoenix: 14 A.VKPH
    Lancer: 13 A.VKPH
  12. Flag

A single Lancer wouldn't have been able to do much either.

To start with it has much better range than the other launchers TR has during dumb fire.
    Compared to the lock-ons, you don't have to alert them by the lock, and you don't have to wait for the lock.
    For the range, you can say that short range ends when the the normal dumb fires start to get really ineffective.

I have both the Striker and the Anniversary Striker unlocked. And I did play around with them for a bit.
    Although unlike a lot of TR I didn't do that thinking it was going to be terrible.
    Just to be clear, I've claimed it to be a fine weapon. Nothing more, nothing less.

_________

But whatever. You lot don't seem to be interesting in seeing the perks, only the problems.
  13. MacavitySWE

I like how Striker is like waaaay down the list of effective kills there, and it seems about right.
    At launch it was really fun and quite good to use, then it got nerfed to be around the same effectiveness of a Annihilator, and now it got super nerfed into oblivion to uselessness.
  14. Mxiter

Your typical reponse is: Sriker is fine with 0 explanations, examples or arguments.

I can tell you advantages from every weapons in the game (Spiker included) But the striker??? it's outclassed by a large margin by every others launchers for every purpose.

Let's say with the RLs:
    -The Deci is the best at close range.
    -The stock ones are be best for general purpose.
    -G2A are the best at AA and are the most versatile.
    -G2G are great against long range vehicles.
    -Annhi is great for AA/AV duty.
    -Phoenix is great to hit stuffs from cover and behind cover at mid-long range.
    -The lancer is great to hit stuffs until extreme range and fast moving stuffs.
    -Striker????????????

I'm waiting for your awnser.
    Until that: the striker isn't fine.
    • Up x 1
  15. DK22

just buy the Annihilator, thats what I did,
    works pretty good, but its another 7 bucks that'll get nerf'd in a few months.
  16. Meeka

I can tell you right now, the Phoenix does NOT hit like a decimator. Also, the slowness of the missile and the time it takes to travel from point A to point B makes it easy to avoid and easy to shoot out of the air (yes, you can shoot a phoenix out of the air, I do so all the time). It has to hit moderately heavy to make up for those serious flaws... plus, the thing is just damn easy to avoid; it has multiple drawbacks that can be taken advantage of.

And the Lancer will do a moderate amount of damage if you charge it; and hope your target doesn't move or shoot you while you charge it. However, in the time you are charging your Lancer you can now have 5 Striker rockets into your target already and its not a one shot deal. Meanwhile, the Phoenix is probably still flying toward its target on a leisurely stroll through Amerish.

I gave up using the Striker just after 103 kills; just tossed it aside. And that was when it was lock on with that super tracking glitch that let the missiles fly around corners, etc. Why? Because even then the Striker sucked and needed to be changed to something more usable. Now, I have a reason to pick it up again and give it another go. It's a weapon that can now be used in more than one battle situation, thankfully.
  17. Meeka

I'll answer this one.

Striker is good for close/moderate vehicle barrage/deterrence.

New Striker benefits:
    - You have can adjust your aim as you fire, giving you multiple opportunities to hit your target. Maybe you missed with the first rocket, but you're less likely to miss 2, 3, 4, and 5. Grounder or Decimator is one shot hit or miss.
    - Barrage of rockets; sometimes, the psychological impact of multiple hits achieves more than the actual damage (ala Lancer). Are you getting hit by a Striker or a Fracture? Most vehicles will back out of the situation before they realize which is which.
    - Coyote mechanic for AA; great for deterring hovering Galaxies and low flying/bombarding ESFs; no you're not likely to kill them, but neither are you likely to kill low flying ones with Grounders, Annihilators, or decimators either... those are lucky kills at best. With the Striker, you don't have to actually hit the aircraft, a near miss will do; and they don't get a warning its coming like LOCK G. Like the Lancer for AA, in groups, it can really deter the skies.

Assists and impact on the battle are as much a part of a weapon's reporte as the actual damage it does. The Striker now, like the Lancer and Phoenix, is more designed for battlefield assists, not so much kills. These three weapons are not meant to replace the Grounder, the Annihilator, nor the Decimator. They also provide their own specific roles.

Does the Decimator suck because you can only fire it once and it takes forever to reload? No, it doesn't.
    Does the Annhilator suck because you have to spend forever locking onto your target and then they can completely nullify it by fireing off a flare? No, it doesn't.

Take some time and learn a weapon's strengths before you complain about it; drop the bias on the Striker hate and you'll find it now to be a very effective weapon for what it is.
    • Up x 2
  18. TheRunDown

Why don't they just "DO" what everyone wanted.. like make a laser guided Striker like the AV Turret..
  19. Yeahy

Hmmm, I should quit after PPA nerf, or ZOE nerf, or because of striker.
  20. Flag

Thank you.

What he said Mxiter.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.