Developer Thread: New Scopes and Sights

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RadarX, Sep 30, 2014.

1. LodeTria

I'd love an answer to this actually. 500 certs for .25 more magnification is odd.
    • Up x 2
  2. Mitsukakex

Any chance could reduce the thickness of the x1 and x2 chevrons? at the time right now its hard to track people due to the thickness of the Chevron if you are aiming at the head from +25 meeter. Nearly impossible at +50 meters even aimed at the body. i love Chev and and would love to see it happen =(.
    • Up x 1
  3. TraatAdmiral

Right now a ton of 1x and 2x options have been added, but nothing with higher magnification than that. Will we be getting new 3.4x and higher scopes as well? I'd love a 4x with some proper mildots instead of the bloody chevron thing.
    • Up x 3
  4. Back Jlack

Are you guys making changes to all scopes?
    I agree that tne IR/NV is the only good one now, all the reticles from the other ones are pretty much invisible.
  5. Xellon

Are you going to refund the Certs for all the old Red-Dot Sights? I guess a lot of People will be unhappy with their old sights when the new ones hit the live Servers...
    • Up x 1
  6. CEGrif

the old sights also got updated
  7. KratosAngel

Could somebody properly explain the changes to what and how, the new things and put some screenshots please ?
    I'd love to get just an overview of the changes (not in detail)
  8. Togg

I'd love to see some IV nightscopes for x8/x10 snipers rifles. Feels like the moment it goes dark, snipers just hang up their long range guns for SMG spam. Also 500certs for 2x?!?
    • Up x 1
  9. NucNuc

@Dcarey : the opacity of the reflex sights has to be adjusted. The red one is blury/washed out and more rose than red. All in all, the sights work well at night, but badly at daytimes especially with green/ brighter background. The sights simply vanish against certain terrain. Tested it on medium and ultrasettings, while my feeling tends to say that it is worse on medium settings.

The sights seem like a good addition if the opacity problem wasn´t so imminent.
    Would like to hear other voices on that one.
    • Up x 3
  10. ChasseurDePorcinet

As some people say, the opacity / brightness of most reticles needs to be adjusted; while they look perfect at night time, day time is still problematic, with the reticles "fading" in the background.

Here are a few examples:
    http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2014/38/1410976752-planetside2-x64-2014-09-17-19-58-37-84.png

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2014/38/1410976858-planetside2-x64-2014-09-17-19-59-56-34.png

Also, the reticles take about 0.6 ~ 0.8 second to show up when you uncloak, and this is very much of a problem. Weren't the reticles supposed to be visible even while being cloaked?

Lastly, it seems the sights aren't perfectly centered while ADS, it's pretty obvious with an iron sight.
    • Up x 4
  11. NucNuc

Thanks for the pics. Looks like on my screen.
  12. ChasseurDePorcinet

• Up x 2
  13. sinez

Is there any chance at all we could get some of these scopes on our sidearms? Especially on the Commisioner (its irons are despicable) and out of pity for the NC's sidarms (I've heard a lot of complaints about them) - the VS sidearms have really good irons imo so they aren't as affected.
    • Up x 1
  14. Pikachu

Are there any plans for new scopes of 3.4x and 4x? Those are the overly large ugly annoying ones, with a few exceptions.
  15. Gammit

would love this
    • Up x 2
  16. Kociboss

The new sights are not visible enough. The colors are blurry and they blend with the enviroment.
    • Up x 1
  17. SerasVic

T dot are russian dots.

TR are the "communists" of planetside. So just basic logic here
  18. phreec

Are there any plans on improving the 6x and higher zoom scopes?

I made this thread on Reddit but it didn't seem to get that much attention. Basically it's about increasing their usability during dark settings when the crosshair tends to get lost.

By overlapping a tiny white crosshair or chevron over the black reticle it will improve its usability during both night and day.

Tiny white chevron.
    [IMG]

Tiny white cross.
    [IMG]
  19. VikingKong

Why aren't the NC defaults NC coloured? I'm allergic to the colour red and break out in a rash whenever I ADS. ミ●﹏☉ミ
  20. ColonelChingles

The reason why I like T-Dots is because my Bushnell 1x MP sights use it... and Bushnell is hardly a Russian company. :p