Will Emerald Inherite Mattherson's Plague?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Tycoh, Sep 25, 2014.

1. Maphreal

Agreed. The game doesn't need sub-human trash like BuzzcutSociopath leading anyone.
    • Up x 2
  2. munglay

"My faction is infested with drooling idiot zergfits incapable of simple thought. Instead of dividing up and trying to cooperate effectively, let's punish VS because they're smart enough to capitalize on our raging stupidity. Yes, the problem is definitely with VS and not us at all. Nerf teamwork, teamwork is overpowered and nerf no bullet drop while they're at it so VS will know what it's like to have bad guns even though TR guns are superior in almost every way and we're too goddamn inept to utilise their full potential."
    • Up x 3
  3. Naejin

The VS are NOT OP. And it's not that they have better players, per se. It's more that the VS as a faction play better. They'll attack a base with infantry, support it with armour (those damn mag riders can get to vantages points that make me want to cry when my prowler slips and slides down a 2 degree incline!) and air, while the TR try to take them on with nothing but infantry--even at bases where we have the option of spawning our own armour and air.

Oh sure, the TR will spawn tanks occasionally, but it's usually just an infantry zerg that suddenly decided to tank. Then they do stupid sh*t like try to take a base by shelling it from outside the walls. If just a third of that tank zerg played as infantry instead and attacked the base simultaneously they could probably take it, but no. Once all their tanks get blown up, they're back to infantry zerging again.

And we can't blame it on DA, or Goku, or the other elite VS units. I can fight through an entire alert and not see one of their members, or at best only a few, and my outfit (1st Terran Rangers) actually try to play the alerts somewhat strategically. We've held points against some of the best VS outfits (and also had our butts kicked by them, but hey, you can't win 'em all).

The problem is that the TR and NC are just playing a game--trying to get kills, pad their KD, maybe looking for a good fight. The VS, however, are playing the game. Setting objectives, using tactics, suporting one another.

Until the TR and VS learn (or develop the desire as a faction) to do the same, the VS are going to win the majority of the Alerts. Get used to it.
  4. DQCraze

The history of the server is what you need to look at. The outfits that came and went play a big part of the reputation of the TR. The VS leadership is more mature and has a better understanding of the game and much better communication. If the TR want anything to change we need to have a meeting of the minds and decide as a whole we want to change it.
  5. Naejin

903, VG, 1st Terran Rangers and a few other outfits tried, forming BGM (Battle Group Mattherson) for a while, and it seemed to be working, but I think it fell apart with the server merge. No idea why.
  6. bubbacon

NC did great b4 the merge because you had superior numbers. That is no longer the case. VS simply has more numbers and that's just the way it is. VS on Waterson had good players...XOO and ZAPS were filled with great players, but they never had the numbers to compete on a large scale which turned them into Tower/Bio Lab campers. If the numbers suddenly shifted to TR or NC tomorrow, then Emerald VS would go down the same path as Waterson VS did.
  7. Vixxing

NC faction trait: to loose when heavily overpopulated, TR faction trait: to cry on forums when loosing...
  8. NoobConglomerate

You mean the path where they still won alerts and warpgated factions with 27% population?

FYI Waterson NC were doing well long before their population spike. All that did was help in off hours, and most prime time alerts and prime time in general it was a negligible advantage just as it is with the VS now. We're talking less than 5% server wide population advantage. Usually ~2%.

On the flip side, Waterson TR had population advantages for a good period of time prior to NC spiking, and still lost a lot.

Anyone who has played from the beginning has seen the shifts and the effects; it's clearly not all about numbers.
  9. MajiinBuu

Have some pride in your faction.
  10. bubbacon

If you define "doing well long B4 the Pop Spike" as winning an occasional Bio Lab alert as NC, then grats to ya. I came over to Waterson from the Jager merge. I can assure you that TR steam rolled anything and everything in its path. We had great outfits, strong command, and of course we had NUC demoralizing anything that didn't bleed Red.

Then came PU2 which wrecked TR small arms, Strikers, Fractures, etc...about the only thing from a TR stand point that didn't get a heavy Nerf hammer were the ARs; furthermore, NC got huge buffs to small arms, particularly their LMGs. Add to that the huge pop spike for NC and NUC leaving left TR with low pops and ineffective weapons.

Now its time for VS to bask in the spot light I suppose. Just the way it is.
  11. Hasteras

Let's be real. It's not because Waterson NC was good, it was because you had TIW to crutch on, and no worthy opponents. VS was underpopped, TR never figured out how to get things done in the post-NUC era and without any YouTube celeb zergs. Then you got put up against real opponents from VS Mattherson, and NC Waterson has been getting ripped apart ever since. If you were really so good back on Waterson, it would be reasonable to expect at least some of that to transfer over to Emerald. It hasn't at all.

If there's chaos on command chat, it's because we're losing. The losing comes first, the finger pointing and rage comes second. That's how it always works. You can sit there and try to blame ex-Matthersons for our woes but until you look in a mirror and admit the ex-Waterson outfits were not ready for the challenge of Mattherson VS, nothing is going to improve. Get good or go home.
    • Up x 3
  12. Champagon

Emerald IS Mattherson, we won remember? :D

VS: Are NOT OP
    • Yea I said it
    • Log into VS on Emerald sometime during an alert and watch in awe as we work together as a team and follow command orders
    • Watch in awe how we lead numbers to specific objectives
    • Observe how we let TR and NC duke it out over one base in the middle of nowhere while we cap everything else
    • We have evolved
    • NC and TR have cooperated a couple of times on Emerald, and each time they rolled us completely.
    • The TRUE problem is you lone wolfs that think you can make a difference in a 1 v 100 scenario then moan and complain about "zergs"
    • Keep not working as a team in a team based game and continue to lose
    • More certs for me
    PS: Once weapon looting gets into the game......Prepare yourself, Vanu Winter is coming.......
  13. Klondor

Sounds just like Connery except VS bully NC into constantly attacking TR until VS swallow up all of the hard-earned territory we can't spare manpower to defend, then proceed to turn on their NC thralls and take theirs until there is nothing left to do but farm. I remember back last year when VS were overpopped, NC and TR teamed up in a mighty (albeit fragile) alliance to put VS in their rightful place: The Warpgate.
    We would have succeeded too, but at the most critical moment when NC were supposed to push into ceres farms to take the last pocket of VS territory, they got complacent and started farming with Vanguards. At the same time, the TR pub-zerg pushed into the NC's tech plant and seized it, effectively halving the NC' combat capability. TR had to take up the slack and attempt a mass-galaxy drop with max units and support to take it from them, it failed and VS managed to push out, and ever since then the VS have been lording their numbers over us, every alert victory goes to them, and little hope is left for those of us Red and Blue out there.
  14. NoobConglomerate

I came from Jaeger too, and I'm not sure we actually played on the same server.

There is a difference in 'doing well' and 'dominating', the latter of which I think you confuse with the former.

NC was doing well even during the Striker/Vulcan Harasser heyday. TR somewhat dominated that time but not to the extent Emerald VS do. Overall faction strength was pretty even across the board regardless of population. NC actually did dominate for a short time just prior to merging and that was indeed due to overpopulation. It's the whole reason I made a VS.

In the months prior to TRs time, NC didn't do well at all. In the time after the Jaeger merge, NC didn't do well; in the time shortly before then we worked together even when we didn't like each other. I recall a particular alert on Amerish where even guys with the most hate for each other STILL waded into the battle to support each other. I don't think I can list names or Outfits, but I will say they were the two biggest zergfits on the server. My own smaller Outfit's top leader and one of those guys couldn't stand each other but I still took what we had and came to support him.

Waterson VS did spectacularly well for their numbers, then they had a [roughly] 2 month long population spike because SOE made them the default faction. Something happened in that time and they quit doing so well. Some say they got used to actually having numbers and got lax; I personally think more of the better players decided that farming was the way to go instead and never looked back.

There's the timeline. I've been there since the beginning of Jaeger, and was an active leader, playing this game almost obsessively for the past two years. These days my leading extends to a handful of guys at most and we just cruise around blowing stuff up - but I still see command chat. Thus, in two years when someone with a foggy memory comes around and posts something inaccurate, I'll be there to correct it. :)

Providing I don't get myself banned from the forums before then. :eek:
  15. NoobConglomerate

...no blame was placed. But it's nice to see it on someone's mind.

I think the merge itself is more to blame than any one servers leadership. Sure we need some work, but the guys that are bad leaders are just a very vocal few. They gripe about losing during non alerts because they get whooped in their own personal battles, expecting the rest of the NC to drop what they are doing and cone save them. It's worth mentioning that all if those guts are from Mattherson though, for what it's worth. It's also worth mentioning that I don't even see much of Watersons leadership in orders or leader chat too.

The rest of us seem to just play the game and put little stock into winning alerts. call it a rebuilding phase :)

we'll come back around when the time is right.
    • Up x 1
  16. AssaultPig

The game is decided by population way more than anything else. DA et al are really good, but there's not that many of them and they're not going to be swinging all that many fights while the server is moderately populated (nevermind in primetime.)

Emerald VS seem to start having a fairly decisive population advantage at ~9 EST most nights; 38 - 31 - 31 isn't uncommon. That means they're gonna win most alerts (especially if NC/TR decide not to chase an alert to a continent where VS already have most of the territory.) But so what? There's good fights all over the place and actual conditions are way better now than they were a year ago when NC were regularly 40%+ population on waterson (or 50% VS on mattherson.)
  17. M2_Bradley

I thought that AOD was TR command's b*tch...
  18. bubbacon

Well said sir. Pretty much sums it up.
  19. Champagon

Its funny how people keep mentioning Vanu Pops, yet when you look at a stats page NC actually have more pop than TR and VS

You guys lack leadership plain and simple, also to those saying "You need an ego to lead" is simply not true. If you require ego to lead then there is something wrong with your outfit/player base. Leading isn't about ego, it's about completing objectives and using tactics to assist with the bigger picture.

Let me let you in on a little secret, one of many. And i am only going to say this ONCE

During domination alerts Vanu lose about 20% of their territory on purpose ;)

Think about WHY we do that, if you can figure it out then you are fit to lead an outfit. Great, now go make one and get some people to join up.

Never knew there was so much dissonance within the TR, I actually enjoy fighting them, more so than the NC since i hate getting instagibbed
  20. AssaultPig

NUC is (was?) TR, not NC. TIW are NC's only real 'competitive' outfit, but they seem not to be around all that much anymore