TR empire traits

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by LaRZy, Sep 4, 2014.

1. DatVanuMan

Oh, sorry<:]
    You too:D
  2. Axehilt

If I played 80+ hours Beamer-only this week and my Beamer kills were higher than your Orion kills, you'd say that's clear evidence that Beamers are stronger than the Orion, right?

...or maybe we'd agree that kill count is absolutely meaningless in balance discussions?
  3. Flag

To make a more serious reply, there's a fair few fantastic drivers out there.
    Personally I've not been playing as much in the mag the last few months, which has left my aim a bit worse for wear (I can still get a mag to just about anywhere), yet there are other drivers that I know who would at least be on level with Eska.

Your comment would be akin to saying "Only Klypto is a good Vanguard driver", while in reality you won't have to look further than to his fellow outfit mate Alarox to find another great driver. And there's more than just those two out there.

In short, while Eska is good, you shouldn't go full fanboi about any single player.
  4. vanu123

Vanguard is faster than the magrider and the reaver has the fastest afterburner. Also GD7F your argument is invalid.
  5. XRIST0

Player > Tank

Ive played in all of them extensivly with one of my friends as gunner , all the tanks are as good as each other if used to their advantage .

The Vanguard is probably my least favourite , but its certainly the toughest .
  6. Kociboss

TR's trait is to be NS 0.5
    • Up x 1
  7. LaRZy

I agree that the Prowler needs a bit more love, but so does the reavers hit box.

A tanks abiliy to run and shoot behind it should also not be downplayed.
  8. Demigan

Every faction complains about their "faction traits"
    VS have the no bullet drop trait, which is balanced out by higher damage drop off. But on almost every weapon where this trait would be useful the VS get a bullet drop weapon. In case of tanks they even have the worst bullet drop.

NC is supposed to be the hardhitting faction. But the TR have their bigger magazines and higher RPM allowing for lots of weapons to out-DPS the NC. In case of tanks the NC are out-DPS'ed by the TR by 21% to the front and 17% to the side after armor adjustments... and the Prowler doesn't even have Anchor mode on then. The NC are stuck mostly with shotguns that are way overvalued to what the other two factions get.

TR... well you said it yourself.

So everyone complains about their own faction traits.
  9. Goretzu

Faster top speed on paper (since it was buffed) generally slower in speed and getting their in reality over any sort of terrain (and given your Reaver logic, below, with Mag-burner even less so).

Reaver has the slowest speed (which seem to jar with the above - how can you argue that the Mag is the slowest then claim in the next sentance the Reaver isn't? :confused: ) and there is no terrain factor in the air. It has the fastest Afterburners, but even there with them on it is only just faster.

Every single NC Carbine (except the GD-7F) has a slower rate of fire than every single TR Carbine (except the Cougar).
    Every singe NC Carbine (except the GD-7F) has a slower rate of fire than every single VS Carbine (excpet the Pulsar C).
    The NS Carbine has higher ROF than all but GD-7F too.

Now are you really claiming that the NC "does not" have the slowest firing Carbines? o_O Really? after looking at the above you can see what utter nonsense such a claim would be. :confused:

LMGs are even worse!
    • Up x 1
  10. Huishe

Hey wait a second, low tank quality is not something about soviet tanks. From ww2 to modern days, soviet tanks were first to get into autoloaders, ERA and of course the ability to fire guided missiles instead of usual shells, something we could really use here but alas.

Other than that, all true.
  11. TheMish

The Soviets were brilliant at designing, but the problem is, they figured out during WW2 when Hitler attacked that numbers mean more than anything.

The Germans were really unstoppable in tank battles, their tanks were close to invincible, supposedly a Tiger I took around 250 shots to the front and sides. None went through, however the transmission sustained damage. Most tanks would have their armor cave in after a dozen direct hits.

So the Soviets realized later on, that they can't win with quality, because the only good tank they had was the T-34, so they Mass produced EVERYTHING. You think the Chinese can't make anything good? Try Soviet Russia. Guns, tanks, bullets, even soldiers were mass produced. They even took random people.

And it worked, the Germans even took note of how ridiculously outnumbered they were in every fight, most of which they won until later on, but they said the Soviets never stopped coming. Eventually the Soviets won the war of attrition, and because of the D-Day invasion, which was only lost because Hitler was a stubborn leader, the German war machine started to collapse.

So this mentality of numbers over quality was locked into the minds of Russians. Throughout the lifetime of the Soviet Union, they mass produced everything and anything for warfare. The only time Soviet mass production failed them I think, was in Iraq, Saddam used T-54's, and they were obliterate by 'Murican Abrams.

They may have created crazy and new designs often, but in the end, they mass produced them in hopes of overwhelming any potential enemy.
  12. DatVanuMan

Bro, I know A LOT of good drivers out there. I'm just generalizing, as I myself play infantry 90% of the time, and whenever I do drive, I pull a Lightning instead of a Magrider because the latter is WAY too bad. I dream of the Magrider becoming an actual tank that stands a chance versus other tanks. I don't want to ALWAYS flank my opponent, I want to go head-on and make myself useful, instead of being forced to flank, where other tanks are thinking the exact same thing. Overall, I really dislike the Magrider. I just want it to be more practical, because the gun is weak, it's the slowest tank in the game, its design is VERY poor (Gets me shot or stuck in places where none of the former should happen), it is SLOWER than the Vanguard, yet has the resistance values of a Prowler (Which is faster and deals FAR more damage WITH a quicker reload, coupled with a HIGHER velocity). I dislike the Magrider because of how impractical it is; IT JUST CAN'T DO ANYTHING USEFUL. So, I one day said,"I may as well use a Lightning". That thing is better than any Magridero_O. But of course, it's just my thought.
  13. vanu123

It has the slowest acceleration but is faster overall than the mag. Also afterburners are standard on ESFs whereas on the mag it is unique but not as effective as an IWINSHIELD or artillery. Just saying something like the GD7f should not have happened. Because since the GD7f was released NC are the only faction with High damage, High rof, etc. weapons whereas TR and VS have one or the other.
  14. Lamat

VS isn't the brute force faction, the Magrider will never be what you are asking for just as the Vanguard wont be climbing up mountains anytime soon. If that's the tank you want you should play a different faction. I don't like being stuck with only shotguns on a MAX either but I deal with it.
  15. Goretzu

Speed, acceleration and turning on the Van, overall, is bad, much worse than the Prowler and much worse than the Mag over any sort or terrain that isn't a football pitch (and with Magburner it just gets worse).

The Reaver is still the slowest (and the second slowest, the Sycthe is a much more manuverable beast in general), in fact the only way that Afterburners really come into their own speed-wise for the Reaver is with full racer and full fuel tanks.

The GD-7F is a exists for two reasons:

1) When the game came out Flinch was broken, it totally favoured high RoF weapons over low RoF weapons.
    2) Even with Flinch working so much better, CQB still favours high RoF weapons over low RoF weapons, all other things being equal - although plenty have said making the GD-7F a 167/700 weapon would be fine.

However as can clearly be seen the NC Carbines have a much lower RoF than the VS ones (in general), never mind the TR ones.

Same with all the weapon basically.
  16. DatVanuMan

Let us negotiate. I'll give your MAX your portable mega SAW, if you give me a tank that's supposed to do what the other tanks are supposed to do. What do you think?
  17. SinerAthin

I have been trying my TR character for a while now, and realized just how much more I absolutely LOVE the 10 extra rounds as Medic/engi/LA. It really makes a big difference in big fights with multiple targets!

Planning on taking a small vacation over to the reds because of it :p
  18. vanu123

You forget that every MBT can turn their turret faster than the mag can turn its hull. The vanguard is faster than the mag and the prowler is the fastest tank. You claiming that the mag is faster because of magburn is like me claiming that the vanguard is indestructible with the IWINSHIELD. The GD7f should never have happened and a 167/700 RPM isn't much better that would be one of the fastest TTKs in the game.
  19. Goretzu

Yep, but its mobility is still higher, and faster/better over any terrain.

No your claiming that the Reaver is "faster" with afterburner is like "me" claiming that, but I don't claim that, I'm saying that the Mag is the faster tank across terrain (and even faster with Magburner).

The NC got the GD-7F for exactly the same reason the VS got the Serpent (as would the Lynx 1.0 if it hadn't had a 40 round mag), it could be changed now, perhaps, it couldn't be changed then. To maintain the GD-7Fs current TTK (same as Serpent) it would need to be about a 167/670-690 weapon IIRC.