Memorable or over the top deaths

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Dieter Perras, Aug 28, 2014.

1. Dieter Perras

What are some of your most over the top or memorable deaths? They could have happened to you or just seen by you or perhaps you were the one dishing them out either way what deaths do you remember as being particularly ridicules?

One that I still remember happened a while back when I was in a huge firefight and tried to use a tank as a platform to get a higher vantage point. This did not end as you would expect but rather I was killed by a flying flash that road killed me, MY flash that I had parked nearby.

To this day I still don't know how that happened...
  2. ConradHorse

having 50% faction pop and being shot by at least 3 enemies at the same time during alert on a offensive support
  3. BobSanders123

When I jumped off a cliff as a light assault, survived. Ran past several enemy maxes and explosions while gunning a few people down. Then I proceeded to chuck a grenade into a tank, killing the crew. Then I flew some more over a ridge with my friend until he blew up in my face after he was hit by a tank cannon. A reaver then smashed into me as I barely held on the landing gear. I jump jetted my way up a nearby galaxy and jumped up again to another one. I realized it was full of TR and shot through the overly exposed air vents and killed everyone inside. I then ran across the roof of the galaxy and reached the cockpit and killed the pilot inside. All of a sudden another galaxy crashed i to the wing of the one I had boarded. The galaxy quickly spiraled out of control and flew down towards the citadel. I quickly used the last of my fuel and rolled over and over on the floor coughing and spitting dirt as I went. I got up, put down a spawn beacon and noted the amount of troopers coming down to help me via drop pod. It had been amazing I had survived this long. Then I was quick knifed by a BR1 vanu infiltrator with no cosmetics.

Then he tea-bagged me.
    • Up x 21
  4. Pikachu

Standing on the ground, turning my head to the right and seeing a liberator 5m in front of my face starting to spray me with it's tankbuster.

jumping of my flash while a missile is tracking. The missile hits the ground between me and the flash, I die but the flash is fine.

getting killed by striker as infantry.
  5. Morti

see sig
    • Up x 5
  6. RenegadeHelios

Running full speed with Racer 3 and maxed turbo off a cliff on Indar, only to get rammed in midair by a VS Sunderer that jumped off a bridge.

Needless to say, that was something that probably won't be replicated soon.
  7. FateJH

I once jumped out of a Galaxy just before it would explode. Ininitally, it spawned me below the Galaxy like a proper drop; but, once the Galaxy exploded above me, the falling debris teleported below me. I started falling faster than some of the debris, or some of the debris started falling slower than myself, and quickly I had debris both above me and below me as I fell. The debris below me ultimately decided that it needed to slow down and it came up to meet my feet. Somehow we both slowed down and I was crushed by the debris that was above me.

The Galaxy had blown up above me, teleported its debris below me, selectively paced itself so that I was caught between it, and then decided to slow down so that it could crush me in midair.
    • Up x 3
  8. ZBrannigan

same

[IMG]
    • Up x 7
  9. Dieter Perras

That picture just says it all doesn't it
    • Up x 1
  10. EGuardian1

My own? Hmm... I'd have to think about that. I've gotten more than a few tells about random "HOLY ****" kills I've pulled off. A few i've even captured on film.

This was the most memorable one because none of us believed it. Even I thought I was hacking. (forgive the stutter - first time I used Shadowplay and it messed up somehow)

11. lawn gnome

there was the time in my lightning when some aircraft wreckage fell on me and proceeded to flip my tank a good 50 meters into the air. i got a scythe eye view of the battle through my skyguard cannon as i dropped turret first back to the ground and exploded. that was a few months back.
  12. Ripshaft

I've had countless memorable deaths, so many that I've just stopped remembering them... So in the last 20 minutes of play, I was about to aurax my fury (which I was eager to do to avoid using it for awhile), had 2 kills to go, saw a smoking 2/2 prowler that was oblivious, in a place they felt safe, a bit past the vehicle shields. To get to this point I had already skillfully driven around a crapton of tankmines, avoided detection and was basically at a low risk area - i just wanted to get a good kill for the aurax.

So I drove up the tower stairs and onto the catwalk above the vehicle shields, knowing that even if they turned around in time, they'd likely not expect me to be pelting them from above. I take aim, and start shooting - it bursts into flames almost immediately, empty the mag; start reloading, need maybe 1 more shot on it.

Unfortunately the prowler starts to reverse, he reverses to a point that is so overwhelmingly close to my lowest firing angle... But no prob this kind of thing happens all the time, I just need to edge my front wheels over the lip of the edge, and 1-2 shots and it's a glorious kill.

I go a tiny bit too far, do a dead weight flip, land on the ground upside down, and directly on top of a anti-tank mine. Boom. Facepalm.

Video related:
  13. Abraham with Cheese

I was flying my Reaver over a tech plant (Hvar, I think) and jumped out as my heavy to rocket-strike a heavily damaged enemy sunderer from above. It died, but I was unable to get back into my Reaver (which was literally a meter from me the whole way down) before we both crashed. It would have been sweet to get back in and fly off in mid-air, but alas, it was not meant to be...:(
  14. MajiinBuu

Every time I flip a vehicle, whether it's a flash, harasser, sunderer, lightning, I've even managed to flip a magrider. Every time It happens I think to myself "I hope nobody saw that."
    Also, every time I ram my Galaxy into another Galaxy to prevent another BWC Galaxy crash :p
  15. DFDelta

Getting crushed by a falling Vanguard while driving my Flash... in the middle of the (back then) almost perfectly flat Indar desert.

Granted it was falling because we tried to airlift it into Saurva Biolab via galaxy, so the death was not completely unexpected since I heard my friends laugh in TS as the Vanny started slipping, but the situation was hilarious nontheless.

I also once saw a harasser jump over that overly long bridge in eastern Esamir, roadkilling another LA standing on the bridges roof, and all that without ever touching the bridge itself.
  16. commandoFi

Putting down a beacon and immediately getting teamkilled by your squadmate's drop pod.
    • Up x 2
  17. DrPapaPenguin

On Hossin I was killed by a burning prowler falling from the skies. Or at least a very tall tree. Yeah, I dont know either.
    • Up x 1
  18. Prudentia

There i nothing greater when dieing to fall damage when you leave your Magrider. and with that i don't mean the ejection seat bug.
    I'm talking about the glorious ability of the Magrider to get stuck in trees...
    • Up x 1
  19. tigerchips

Not really a death but this Phoenix kill was strange...
  20. stalkish

So OP askes for DEATHS i.e when you died / got killed.
    Not that super awsome MLG-leet-pro kill you got and want to show off.

And all the attention seekers post links to their KILLS.....

just sayin....

Not exactly memorable, but dying after ejecting from your reaver WITH THE EJECT SEAT CERTED AND ACTIVE is kinda annoying to say the least.
    • Up x 2