Heat mechanics for Vanu weapons?!?!?1

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Bin4ryW4rrioR, Aug 27, 2014.

1. Bin4ryW4rrioR

They are adding heat mechanic for all Vanu auraxium guns basically and Higby stated in his last stream he wanted to make it a faction trait.

He then went on to say...

"What do you think of that guys, wouldn't it be cool"

I was like NNNNNnooooooooo.

Again they are lovely ideas, but in reality just make it balanced and keep it simple.

Game is going through a really bad patch right now, we don't need untested stuff that we already know is going to be awful. No one has these weapons on test, it should have been on test for a very long time.

My last serious post on here was just before the after burner nerf/coyotes.. need I say more :)
    • Up x 1
  2. DatVanuMan

By refire time, I meant firing time. That means that the amount of time we can fire our weapons will be reduced with the mechanic. Did you know about this?
  3. ATRA_Wampa-One

Yeah, like that time when they nerfed bullet drop from our shotguns but didn't fix the velocity until the VS complained en mass about it. Or that time when they nerfed stand/move ADS COF bloom from 0.35 to 0.4 on the Orion and SVA-88... and didn't think to give it to any of our other LMG's so we're now the only empire without 2 LMG's with that stat.
  4. DatVanuMan

1. Thank you for pointing that out:oops: Also, think of it like this:
    I have a Shift. There is an enemy infiltrator. It takes less than a second for the Shift to charge up to OHK, and instead of having to aim above my enemy's head, I can simply place the reticule on her/his BEAUTIFUL, JUICY head. Not having to compensate for bullet drop is better than having to compensate. It saves time, not having drop.
    2. Last year, I bought the Lancer and it took me a good three months to get a silver medal. When my old VAIO broke down, I got a DELL, made a new save, and got the Lancer once more. It's been a month since it's been in my possession, and I'm seven kills away from the Gold. My sensitivity is pretty amazing, and I have no problem with the aim. BUT SCOPES WOULD BE BADAZZ. If we're lucky, SOE might implement them in four-nine months time:p
    3. We VS should have:
    Less RPM and more damage than TR, less damage and more RPM than NC, and as our own advantages, we can land shots far more easily. THAT'S THE WAY IT SHOULD BE. Landing 13 155 damage rounds at 120 meters is better than landing three 334 damage rounds at 50 meters. We should have OBVIOUSLY more accuracy and less recoil than the other factions. Also, VS weapons are supposed to have a risk/reward factor, similar to the Lasher. The Lasher is by far my favorite weapon in the game, and more VS weapons that would follow its example would make our arsenal far more exotic.
  5. DatVanuMan

SOE should know better now. Nerfing those things was OVERWHELMINGLY unnecessary, but hey... The TR know how to do their jobs well:rolleyes: If they do implement the infinite ammo mechanic on our weapons, which I seriously support, they should AT LEAST buff one of the above characteristics that I mentioned earlier.
  6. gibstorm

It will end up being underpowered. almost instant reload and unlimited ammo needs to have a cost.

The weapons killing power will end up slightly lower and people won't like that
    • Up x 1
  7. Maljas23

Lets wait and see what to brings to the table before complaining, VS.
  8. MotionBlured

Making wild assumptions based on little to no information is what keeps forumside alive.
    • Up x 1
  9. a-koo-chee-moya

Don't pretend that SOE has shown VS and love recently or that these buffs will most definitely come with trade offs that will hurt VS competitiveness.
  10. Yeahy

So what you mean is that I can fire 19 bullets, wait for the cooldown, fire 19 again and we'll get more rpm than any other faction?
    Well for 1.
    MORE FREAKING RPM THAN OTHER FACTIONS. That is not vanu's trait.....
    2. Yes that must be true for unloading 99% of your clip and then waiting for full cooldown. However, if you want to fire 3 bullets, and then wait .1 seconds and then fire again, the delay for the cooldown will make sure that you get less rpm out of all the weapons.
    If you just spam your repair tool buy clicking a ton of times, then it overheats very fast.
    What if you fire 15 or 16 shots at range against a heavy. He takes 10 bullets but he has overshield and full nanoweave. It'll still take another 5-6 shots to kill, but you have to wait a few seconds again to shoot and he'll get away. A weapon with 30 or 40 ammo would have done better.
    The way I see it, the only way to balance the charge up is to make there no delay in cooldown. Immediately after you stop shooting, cooldown starts.

Well we're trying to make sure SOE doesn't put what we don't want in heat mechanics 1.0. If we said nothing, it would be a while for soe to compile what we don't want. The last thing I want is for a total revamp of all our weapons that will take weeks if not months to polish up.

1. If you had a bolt driver, you could have shot him before he had a chance to move. You wouldn't have to try to charge and then aim while compensating for his movement. You have to compensate for differences in heights, bullet velocity, and their trajectory anyways, I'd rather have to not have to calculate where he is going due to a faster bullet velocity than have to compensate for drop off, which is constant every time at every elevation.
    3. How does that make VS unique at all? With that logic, tr and nc are even more unique that vs. VS is middle of road in damage an rpm.
    Pretty sure not even all NC weapons have 155 or higher damage.
    We already do have more weapons that are easily controllable than tr and nc. Sure they have merc and trac, but we have more weapons like the serpent, the orion, and the pulsars and they have weapons like the lynx, the saw, and the cyclone. There is no way SOE is buffing vs weapons to extreme accuracy. Then they'll have to make nc traits exaggerated. Who wants a 1500 rpm carbine or a 500 damage smg? Same with extremely accurate vs weapons.

Have you ever seen a fight in which non sniper infantry shoot enemies at long ranges?
    If you gave this trait to vs, then they would be overpowered...well maybe.
    If they make vs traits good at range, then obviously they suck at close quarters. Points are in close quarters......
    Nuff said.
  11. Bhudda V1

skeptical yes, but not world ending like a lot of people in here
  12. Yeahy

1. If they screw this up, they'll screw up a whole faction not a weapon. Alot of people and maybe me will be gone.

2. They don't have a good track record in low damage per shot, high fire rate weapons like the striker and the lynx. If they changed tr bullets to 100 damage per shot and 900+ fire rate, they wouldn't be happy either.
  13. DatVanuMan

1. How will that increase our RPM? In real life, would you burst at three or more enemies at 15 meters? No. You'd hold that mouse like you were holding on for dear life.
    2. I use the repair tool like this:
    Hold LMB until it almost overheats, then keep using it, doing the same thing over and over again. But when my Magrider and/or Lightning is on fire, THEN I WILL HOLD THAT LMB, even if it does overheat.
    -1. The 1st tier SRs have the same velocity of the Phaseshift, and the 2nd tier ones are only 50 m/s faster.
    It takes 0.5 seconds for the Shift to charge, and not needing to waste time on compensating for drop is very important. Countless times have I used this advantage to countersnipe aware infiltrators using normal BAs.
    -3. EXACTLY. Only they have less recoil, more accuracy and faster reload speeds. NO NC WEAPON HAS A DAMAGE MODEL OF 155, THAT'S THE DAMAGE MODEL OF A LASHER WITHOUT THE SPLASH. For example:
    THE ORION. A big reason why we VS aren't unique. Fast RoF, low accuracy, higher recoil... This isn't VS!

On the OTHER hand, look at the Polaris. Higher than average magazine (This shouldn't be the case, but that 3.9s reload time, though.), normal damage, average RoF, and amazing controllability and accuracy. THIS is the weapon we want. In terms of RoF and damage, it is very balanced in terms of RoF to NC (But the damage model is the exact same as the TR). But it is far more controllable than its counterparts.
    When we should have accurate weapons, I mean ALL our weapons should be considerably more accurate than their counterparts, such as:
    Pulsar C> T5 and Razor.
    Flare> SAW S and Bull.
    H-V45> Cycler and 800 RoF NC AR (No idea what its name was).
    Our weapons shouldn't be OVERWHELMINGLY recoil-less and accurate, they just have to be better than the other factions at these fields.
  14. Yeahy

For sniper rifles, my point was that it is easier to try and compensate for bullet drop rather than try to compensate for their movement while charging up. You can use that .5 seconds to aim. Many times after you're done charging you still haven't aimed for thier head yet. You start charging once you see them but then you realize that they're not a good target. Plus phaseshift as a bolt action sniper has way less dps and fire rate.
    Anyways, I was talking about bullet drop. I'm an awful sniper so I'll take your word for it.

1. For some weapons, especially lmgs and the pdw at range, you have to burst fire or else the recoil gets insane. Unless they reduced the recoil multiplier by a ton, it wouldn't work.

3. I'm a bit confused as to what you're talking about? Do you want a general VS accuracy buff? What would you exchange it for? What does this have to do with heat mechanics? If you want drasitc changes and revamps to vs, why make it so that vs weapons have a mix of tr and nc fire mechanics.

Anyways, good night, I'll reply tomorrow.
  15. minhalexus

Engie turret is the prime example for a heat-mechanic, it's pretty good and works well.
    AV-turrets and AA-turrets are another example, the Heat mechanic works pretty well.

Phaseshift, the weapon maybe considered under-powered (I haven't used it extensively), but I doubt anyone blames the Heat-mechanic.

Heat-mechanic only has good examples, nothing that can categorize it horrible.

Charge-up weapons being horrible on the other hand is understandable.
  16. vanu123

We are just frustrated with getting mediocre weapons. Heck they don't even know how to give the VS a decent pistol.
  17. DatVanuMan

Indeed. I'm dead tired C:O Goodnight, man.
  18. Bhudda V1

1 please can we put this into prospective they are changing 3 weapons, three not all your weapons or your entire arsenal, there are more than enough people in here already saying " this is terrible" and " vs as a faction can't compete with the other factions if this happens" and so on

2 the striker is a "high rate of fire" weapon i guess you could call it that, if tr got that damage and rof you better believe their mag sizes would be even bigger and they would be even better at close range.
  19. Bhudda V1

can you tell me which mediocre weapons please I am curious.

the pistols i can understand both ends of it somewhat from the dev's giving vs copys of nc's weapons because they do their job not exactly well but nc has to have better high damage weapons than the other factions being their faction trait although the difference between the copy's and the original is minimal from the last time i saw.

then the dev's give vs the spiker and decide to make it not op for sure on release to keep balance and slowly tweak it to balanced levels so to not upset the balance of the game.
  20. Afeltman

L
    O
    L