Possible sunderer buffs from Higbys stream

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MasonSTL, Jul 9, 2014.

1. MasonSTL

Well he just said they want to make the sundee more durable by increasing its resistance to c4 and tank mines AND possibly give it a shield (my guess is like a bubble shield).

I'm getting hyped! sick of one engi being able to destroy a factions spawn point and ending a battle in a matter of seconds.

Thought I would share.
    • Up x 6
  2. Phyr

It better come with a reduction in repair-ability.
    • Up x 7
  3. Ribero

I hope it's something that needs Certing in to, or is more aimed at deployed AMSes.

I don't want to see more Dual Repair Sunderer **** trains.
    • Up x 3
  4. RHINO_Mk.II

Welp, looks like the whiners who can't be bothered to defend their spawn points are winning the QQ battle.
    • Up x 20
  5. Tommyp2006

He also mentioned that they're looking into the cloak bubble :eek:
    • Up x 7
  6. Titan6

This is good. Suicide runs for a Sundy are far too effective imo. Between lag and not ideal hit-detection.
    • Up x 5
  7. Ronin Oni

How often do you stop the dual sundies with ATM's C4 though? o_O

Only the instagib against stationary AMS is really being affected.

Oh, and the shield is for deployed sunderer... so again not an option for the dual repair sundies.
    • Up x 1
  8. MasonSTL

He said a sundee would get the shield when it is deployed.
    • Up x 1
  9. RaiMarie

C4 defense is a decent buff for the sundies.... but a cloaking ability is a bit over the top. I personally think C4 is the only problem. C4 in general is too effective.
    • Up x 4
  10. m44v

Because soloing a sunder is teamwork, right?
    • Up x 11
  11. MasonSTL

My main gripe is that C4 cant be taken off of the sunderer if it has been placed. Another gripe is how easy it is to destroy one, you are fooling yourself if you think its hard to run up to one and suicide c4 it.

I really don't think that ONE infantry should have the ability to inta gib the single most important vehicle in the game. It's is easier to keep a sundee up from a AV MBT than it is from a engineer with C4.
    • Up x 8
  12. Regpuppy

If they somehow push a considerable durability buff through, they better make it cost an arm and a leg resource-wise.

Then the devs should give engineers the ability to disarm C4 as well

Still not a good justification for any massive durability buff. Especially when a blockade sundy is one of the toughest vehicles in the game.
    • Up x 1
  13. m44v

Two AT mines say otherwise.
    • Up x 7
  14. Scr1nRusher

• Up x 1
  15. CrashB111

because spam pulling 1/12 AMS Sunderers for base attacks is teamwork right?
    • Up x 6
  16. NinjaTurtle

C'mon it is stupid one suicidal Engineer can solo an AMS with a few mines
    • Up x 5
  17. Scr1nRusher

18. K2k4

So much c-4 hate. I'm getting tired of all this.

2 c-4 does not destroy a sunderer. It hurts it at best. A coordinated group effort, 2 c-4 and a rocket, a combination of c-4 and anti vehicle mines, damage from other vehicles and c-4, 3 c-4, a c-4 and 24 uninterrupted seconds of explosive darts from a crossbow, or a suicide flash loaded with 3 c-4 from will destroy a sunder outright. This is hardly a 1-man job. It's really hard to kill a sunderer if it's got manned turrets and an engineer or two repairing it up, and c-4 dropping players will not be able to get too close if there's any infantry coming from the thing at all.

I suppose it's only natural for SOE to assume that c-4 is somehow the primary death of sunderers. Nobody seems to try to protect the damn things anymore, since it's become more lucrative to just zerg it out. Something's off about this game lately, namely I'm off of it (joke, I haven't played seriously for like 3 weeks.).
    • Up x 6
  19. MasonSTL

Yeah i agree that it should cost a lot. But this is a problem too v v v
    Like I said before, you have more reaction time to defend a sundee from an full AV tank than you do from an Engineer, I don't think that is balanced at all. It makes being an infantry more reliable at destroying a sunderer than an anti vehicle tank. Even if their are 10 engees repairing the sundee it still will blow up to tank mines or C4.
    • Up x 4
  20. m44v

No smarty-pants... spawning a sunder requires a mouse click, defending it is what requires a good deal of teamwork.
    • Up x 3