Test Patch Notes 7/8

Discussion in 'Test Server: Announcements' started by d_carey, Jul 8, 2014.

1. faykid

One word: speciality.
    I like where this is going.
    • Up x 8
  2. TheKhopesh

I heard a rumor that pulling prices would be going down something like 40%, and the nanite "capacity" would go up to exactly 900 resource.
    This was supposedly due to help keep shared costs from depleting you exceptionally quickly, but again, this is all 2nd hand information.
    (From a source I've personally found to be quite reliable. I wouldn't be surprised if he was correct, but I wouldn't be terribly baffled if he wasn't, or if he is but that changes before release.)
  3. TheKhopesh

I really look forward to this update going live, I just couldn't help but post that picture.
    :p
  4. Dhabu

When is this update going live? I was just on Test, and they've eliminated the resource flow for Air/Armor, and set the Infantry to 60per5, but aircraft still cost (now-nonexistant) Air resources.

Also, all vehicles have the same cost, except MAXes, which now cost 420(!).

Very confused...
  5. Alarox

[IMG]

7579 certs incoming for me. Not bad...
    • Up x 2
  6. TheKhopesh

I don't even know what I've spent into those things.

I know I maxed the timers on my Reaver, Max Suit, Flash (I love my flash so much =P ), and I've dumped tons into my Lib, Vanguard, and Lightning timers.

I don't plan to do the math on it, but I do look forward to having a few thousand of those delicious orange tears collected out from the bullet wounds of my enemies.
    :p
    • Up x 1
  7. TheKhopesh

When I destroy an enemy vehicle, I get certs...

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  8. lovepack

Will there be a cert line to replace the timer? A line that reduces the reserved cost or purchase cost? I ask because don't like the idea that I would have to wait to pull a tank after a 30 minute run because it reserved a portion of my nanites.
    • Up x 2
  9. Bloodhit

I would like to see that resource cost/acquisition timer(Timer should start after destruction of the vehicle) depends on how much vehicle is upgraded. So newbies, with nothing on it, can constantly pull out vehicles and try out again after failing, and pros have more punishment for dying, to give some space for newbies.

It will also add more tactics for vehicles, you could use zerg rushes of weak vehicles, that you can pull out very often, or professional upgraded vehicles with more firepower and survivability, but with more resource cost, and greater punishment(acquisition timer).
  10. Moridin6

that right, remove any depth left in the game, good job
    no more will it matter how much territory your faction controls, no more is there a reason to hold any territory or plan assaults, saving your resources to make a strike that will limit the resources of your foe.
    just step outside the warpgate with tank after lib after tank with no thought or plan other than PEW PEW PEW
    wtf sony
    EDIT
    btw the timer were one of the main things ive been working towards, you know a Goal, a reason to play the game beyond the pew pew
    with all those certs back pretty sure im going to be able to upgrade the last few things ive wanted, and my drive to earn certs is going to be where exactly?
    • Up x 1
  11. vsae

No more timers - good.
    Common pool nanite resource - good
    No more resource gain through the hex xp - doesnt make any sense
    No more hoarding consumables - good, yet painful

Overall good changes, because more specialization is obviously what this game should've been from start.
  12. Linus

Ressources revamp! i was waiting for this one since a loooong time
    From the description, it seems that nanites are a smarter system than the previous system.
  13. RIctavius

Dude the patching the test server just broke - you want full revamp?
  14. Huishe

SOE, you never cease to amaze me. It's some kind of talent, i guess. You manage to screw up even the best and easiest things.
  15. user101

I thought this was a good idea at first but later realized that it in fact is bad for good players. Good players make more certs than a bad player does... and there is no incentive for repair or medic in this case. Cap in this case means you don't get 40 land mines maybe 10... sounds like a NERF to me.
  16. Kirppu1

This is the worst part
  17. GruntZone360

Has this update been added to PS2 test server yet? Because when I went on this morning 7/9/14 it had seemed the resources had not changed . . .
  18. Commander Tychus

[IMG]
  19. Desann

In Planetside 1, there were no resources. All vehicles had specific timers. Smaller vehicles like the flash had short timers while MBTs had longer timers. Pulling a vehicle drained the base's nanite resources. When that resource dropped too low, base functions began to fail. Turrets would stop functioning and no more vehicles could be pulled.

The A.N.T. (advanced nanite transport) would harvest warpgate energy and recharge the base NTU or nanite something unit. I forget the name.

This game needs to implement the EXACT SAME SYSTEM. It prevents vehicle spam from one single base, because you would drain the nanites. Also, after a battle, the ANT had to charge up the NTU before a vehicle spam could be organized.

Pulling vehicles from the warpgates did not drain nanites. This is how the large zerg could pull vehicles, but it had to originate from the sanctuary and then warpgate/drive to the battle.

Come on DEVs...use the best parts if PS1 in this game!!!!
  20. Helg

Great job! Thank you. Correct step to proper direction! :)