Test Patch Notes 7/8

Discussion in 'Test Server: Announcements' started by d_carey, Jul 8, 2014.

1. Ronin Oni

I suppose that depends on what you depend on for fun?

If you have Nanites, you can always pull/buy Nanite resource items off the front lines. It only affects availability on the front lines after an extended siege or if a base gets cut off from Lattice.
    • Up x 1
  2. DatVanuMan

Alright then. Thanks for the information, man:) Question: If I only use infantry resources, and just a bit of vehicle resources, will this positively or negatively affect the amount of consumables I can get?
    • Up x 1
  3. Ronin Oni

Positively.

The only people who will really be negatively impacted by the consolidation are players who would take an ESF, then a Tank, then a MAX, and keep them in rotation refilling the other pools while the spend a new pool.

The Gain rate has gone up significantly.

60 nanites per minute, compared to an average of 60-80 resource of each type every 5 minutes. And that's provided you have your factions share of the continent. Having more of the continent would give the winning empire up to 140 per 5 minutes, leaving the losing empires with a starving 20-30 every 5 minutes, leaving the losing empires on the back foot and almost impossible to push back against so many more tanks and aircraft.

The Max resource pool will be going up from 750 to 900... though a resource rotator who used all 3 had a max cap of 2250 combined.

This new system will encourage more specilization. Like MAXes? Well, so long as you have the resources, you can always pull one. You regain the resource from purchasing one in 7 minutes (same as MBT, Libs, and Gals) and your max cap resources cushions you against a single "instant loss" after pulling a MAX (though you'll need to earn an additional 7 minutes resource gain somewhere)

The old (still Live) system it takes 15-20 minutes for the resources on a MAX, MBT, or Lib... but by rotating between them it becomes much easier, and you had a loss cushion on all 3 resources.
    • Up x 1
  4. DatVanuMan

I see. Well, it doesn't seem too bad. Can't wait for the change to go live! Thanks again for the information:) What do you think of it? You happy about it?
    • Up x 1
  5. Ronin Oni

Extremely happy about it.

Phase 1, like I noted, will fix the problem of being so badly out resourced when fighting off near warpgate, which with the new Alert System, will be key since 1 faction getting close to lock is what is going to trigger the new alerts and the other factions will need the capacity to fight back.

Phase 2/3 will add siege and supply line mechanics which should hopefully really help gameplay, offering both side mission objectives (protecting/attacking ANT supplies) and giving lattice cut off a more localized feeling of impact.
    • Up x 1
  6. DatVanuMan

Ah. Well, cheers man. Let's hope SOE doesn't screw this up, too:confused:
    • Up x 1
  7. Forkyar24

I don't like it
    • Up x 1
  8. RedOffensive

this resource revamp is a horrible idea.. like the rest of the players said this just dumbs down the entire game.. why even control territory? just sit at the WG with like 10 platoons. gather all the tanks, libs, MBT, gals, esf, max, and infantry full of C4 then attack a few hexs right outside the WG. come back and regen all your "revamped nanites" and zerg all over again.. this update is another useless update.

the game is FINE! stop messing around with it! it will never be perfect but it was pretty much balanced prior any of July's updates. let the players play and enjoy the game.. you will always have whiners.. babies will always cry..

for those that think this is great idea.. look at the continent locking.. it had bad side affects..
    1. you can no longer play in an unpopulated area with a few friends as a small scrimmage.
    2. we lost the different types of "alerts" now all we have is territory control.. umm.. god damn it's freaken boring!! bring back the tech/amp/bio alerts.
    3. huge que for populated continents.

SOE, if you want to upgrade the game stop messing with all the little things that don't even really matter.. ok really reduce splash damage by 1 meter for rocket launchers?? who the hell cares!? I die by rockets all the time and I didn't think to myself "boy I better cry to SOE so they can make it easier for me by reducing damage." OMG why stop there.. I get shot in the face all the time by bullets.. reduce the velocity/damage to my face SOE plz!! make it where if the bullet hits my cheek it only causes %2 damage to my shield plz.. this is plausible because I wear nanite face cream every night after battle.

it's a game you freaken babies just live with it. by the time SOE hears all the complaints and make those changes.. everything will be nerfed. damn lets just cut to the chase SOE, anything that hits your neck and below will only do shield damage, and there will be tons of resources for nades, maxes, C4.. because SOE will rid themselves of all the vehicles because all the noobies keep dying from them.. THERE NOOBS they'll die regardless if vehicles exists in the game or not.. oh they'll get rid of the C4 as well.. noobs will cry about that too.. "it's so OP SOE plz can't you see! we can't play like this.. waahhhh"

SOE, PS2 is a great game.. stop tinkering with it plz.. it's driving away a lot of people.. sure add more bases, continents, add weapons that use skill. very important word "SKILL" stop will all the lock-ons, coyotes, A2A lock-on.. again.. noobs will die regardless.. you don't better at flying with A2A.. I dunno maybe in 6 months with nonstop flying I might be MLG level with the A2A's, wishful thinking!! (sarcasm) there are sooo many other things you can do to make this game better.. stop with the small absolutely useless tinkering and work on stuff that needs work. like memory leak, lag issues, omg how bout get rid of the floating walls or buildings up in the sky!? umm spawn an esf fly up to about 600 meters, you can't miss the floating walls or buildings!

anyways.. just like the continent locking this dumbed down version of resource revamp is just making this game that much more dumbed down.. everyone thinks is a good idea once it goes live.. yeah.. ur gonna love it. lol no reason to even leave the WG.. **** the VS can zerg all day and stomp on all the bases what the heck do I care.. I still get all the resources I need right here at the WG.

oh and for the players that say "oh let us farm for the resources and sundy's also can farm for resources this will dictate how much resources we get. and then the others can protect the farmers as they gather their crops.. oh yea.. that's action packed game play right there" if that's the case SOE we'll need a new vehicle for these farmers.. maybe a tractor or a wheat harvester? or better yet attach a mower on the back of the sundy, and you can upgrade the mower to gather more nanites.. each upgrade will cost 30,000 certs, making it much more grindy, each upgrade you can hold 5 more nanites than the last.

umm.. I don't jump into PS2 and say oh boy I wanna farm for some nanites!! OH BOY what a treat.. if you wanna farm stuff go play world of warcraft or what ever game you play and just gather up "resources." I play PS2 for FPS and vehicle game play.. not to go farming.. horrible idea.. "I can't want to come home, go online, and gather resources for my team! YaY"

don't forget the nanite night cream!
    • Up x 1